Page 96 of 216 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    Last month you posted >>>

What happened with the idea that the Kid's Mom was possibly willing to just
    *forget* the whole incident and not press a complaint?

Did somebody *get to her* and change her mind?
    Did YOU ever get to meet with her?

Is there still a possibility that she might speak up FOR Mac to lessen his penalties?

Could Mac adjust to Ohio?
    How far is it to Whitehorse?

{{{Hugs}}}
    The father came home. He is much more aggressive. He firmly believes Mac should be put down. I have spoken to the Mom several times and to the Dad once. I have no doubt that the push for a dangerous dog designation is coming from him.

AC here doesn't usually issue anything until they the agreement of the "victim". I assume that the officer told them about the fine and dd and they agreed. The only way for them to have more input now would be if I don't pay the ticket and take the matter to court. Frankly, I don't want to do that. Not only would it cost me thousands, but it could blow up in my face. The judge would have the authority to revoke any accomodations made by AC and order Mac's death. I'll take muzzled, on a one metre leash and all the other requirements over dead.

I'll be speaking to the manager of the by-law department this week. I have ten days to voluntarily pay the fine. I'm hoping we can work out some kind of comprimise before that.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    The father came home. He is much more aggressive.
    Correct me if I am wrong - But - father was not present at the time this happened? It was you, the child and his mother? Why does father get to weigh in if he was not even there? All he knows is what was told to him. Mac is NOT dangerous.

I'll be speaking to the manager of the by-law department this week.
    I'd be willing to speak on your behalf if you want to give me this person's name and number (or address). Any chance we can get you re-zoned so you are outside municipal limits?

More {{{Hugs}}}
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Praying for ... country wolf 07's and kfamr's granddads, Glacier/Mac issue
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 03-13-2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: see caseysmom's correction below
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Correct me if I am wrong - But - father was not present at the time this happened? It was you, the child and his mother? Why does father get to weigh in if he was not even there? All he knows is what was told to him. Mac is NOT dangerous.

I'd be willing to speak on your behalf if you want to give me this person's name and number (or address). Any chance we can get you re-zoned so you are outside municipal limits?

More {{{Hugs}}}
    Because the victim was a very young child who is unable to speak for himself, the opinions of both parents are considered in the determination. Doesn't matter if he was there or not. His child was involved so they have to get his input.

No chance at rezoning. I am already given a special permit to keep my dogs at all. If I was buying my property today, I could only have four dogs there, six if all my neighbors agreed. I was there before that rule came into effect so my dogs are grandfathered. I can not move them off my property within the city. I have to leave the city if I want to move and keep my dogs. Another musher can not buy my property.

Our plan is to move outside the city eventually, but the market is insane here right now. It is extremely difficult to find any property with some acreage that is dog team friendly(even outside the city limits, many areas ban dog teams) and that has a reasonable purchase price. A half million dollar mortgage is just not going to happen!

I don't want to have anyone else contact the department right now. If I end up in court, I will be looking for letters ect for support!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Praying for ... caseysmom's and kfamr's granddads, Glacier/Mac issue
    I think you mean countrywolf and kfamr, I haven't had a grandparent living since I was 12.....
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Another update..

Yesterday I wrote a three page letter to the manager of the By-Law department, the big wig of AC, asking for an exception to the dangerous dog rules. He knows us, but I wrote like he had never heard of me before. I gave him all of Mac's history, hoping his lousy puppyhood might pull some heartstrings!

I described my fencing, kennel set-up, escape precautions. Told him that Mac is already kept in a secure manner, that he's neutered, permanently id'ed and that I have plenty of liability insurance(all things that a dangerous dog designation requires). Explained why I let Mac run loose to start with(to distract loose dogs from jumping my team). That he's never been a problem in any way before and that he will never be off-leash again. Explained that he is high energy and needs an outlet; has no ability to wander when he's in harness and asked that he be allowed to continue his life as a working dog.

I reititerated that Mac was not acting aggressively; that he was playing. And I invited him to the house to meet Mac in his normal environment displaying his normal behavior, anytime he wants to come by. I don't have anything to hide.

He emailed me this morning saying that he had forwarded the information to the investigating officer(who I think was on my side) and his supervisor(the second in command of AC) for their input and a response. So, he didn't outright say NO which gives me some hope that we can reach an agreement that works for everyone.

Keep your paws crossed!
    --John Irving

Hey God ~ Kan Ya drop in at da Yukon ...

Yesterday I wrote a three page letter to the manager of the By-Law department ...

He emailed me this morning ... forwarded the information to the investigating officer
    and his supervisor ... for their input and a response.
    So, he didn't outright say NO which gives me some hope ...
    Soundz like a God Job!

HI, God ~

Kan You jest *drop by* da By-Law and AC Departments ...
    maybe drop a *hint* or two 'bout a nice lil "Overly Friendly" Husky ...

See iffin You can't bake *A Deal* wiff da AC Guyz ta go *eezie* on poor Mac.

THANKS, God!
    /s/ the Prayer Pups

I think it was a good move to invite one of the authorities to visit your
    house set up at any time, & be welcomed.I believe the fine is plenty
    fair & he'll have a pledge it won't happen again. Prayers continue for
    you and Mac.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Prayers please for rcgirl_ca, who didn't ask for them, but who emailed to let me know she slipped on some ice and put her back out. She still cannot sit for very long, but is getting better. Prayers for rapid recovery for her!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh goodness, that's no fun! Prayers going out right now for a rapid recovery......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Grandpa is back in hospital again, after falling and hitting his head in the shower because he was complaining of dizziness. Oh, and the hospital released him the same day this happened. More prayers are needed, again. I don't know how much of this I can take.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Prayers please for rcgirl_ca, who didn't ask for them, but who emailed to let me know she slipped on some ice and put her back out. She still cannot sit for very long, but is getting better. Prayers for rapid recovery for her!
    I'm so sorry to hear this. She's not having a good year. She just got over being very sick and now this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

I've had the flu and strep throat (2 weeks ago)... hubby had the flu. Hubby now has bronchitis. I just got home from the dr. and have pneumonia. Could you all please say a prayer that this doesn't get worse?

Thanks,
    Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom
    I've had the flu and strep throat (2 weeks ago)... hubby had the flu. Hubby now has bronchitis. I just got home from the dr. and have pneumonia. Could you all please say a prayer that this doesn't get worse?

Thanks,
    Crystal
    Be very careful with this flu - I hear that it returns if you don't get the proper rest and take good care now. It had me flat for almost two weeks.

You have my prayers.

Crystal - I hope you and your hubby feel better soon!

Hire a maid for a week and take it easy!

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda