Page 93 of 216 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Prayers for Vickie's family, Elwood, and all those that need them.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Barry, I'm so sorry to hear about Elwood. That's a shame.

Elyse, it sounds like you lost a great person there. I'm so sorry.

I'll keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Prayers for Vicki and her family and friends. Prayers for your uncle, Barry.

Congrats again to Andy!

Prayers that all goes well with your surgery, D&D!

And prayers that all goes well with Mary's treatment, with all the new techniques they have.

Rachel, hope your Papa can come home soon!

Prayers to anyone I have missed.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Requesting prayers for PT's Emily_the_Spoiled.

She lost her heart cat Emily very recently...not only that, but a family member was diagnosed with cancer, and her job may be in jeopardy.

Please send good vibes and prayers her way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    I wanted to add a very sweet man that I've actually met before. He's the Chief Meteorologist of our local News station, Dick Fletcher. He had a stroke on Monday and from what my neighbor said he does not sound to good (she works for the News station.)

Please keep him in your thoughts - the news certainly isn't and wouldn't be the same without him.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/loca...?storyid=74288

I'm not sure if anyone read this post, but if you did, and would like an update...

Dick Fletcher passed away this morning. The news will never be the same. And of course, we are having some scary, icky weather today.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/loca...?storyid=74821

Rest well, Fletch.

Prayers to Dick's family and colleagues. He was just too young...and looks healthy in his photos!

He has created endless memories, and mentored many others. A wonderful man.

prayers for my uncle Ted please-
    he found out he was a diabetic late this summer, had a sore that just would not heal - a couple weeks ago - he underwent a procedure to put a vacuum in place to get rid of the infection and encourage new growth around the area of the sore.
    then about a week later - he underwent a major surgery of bypassing his arteries of his lower legs due to poor circulation. (he has suffered from blood clots since his 20's - come to find out his circulation to his feet was about nil)
    they had to go in and open him up from sternum to groin - move all the innards around - bypass the arteries - put everything back and sew him back up! HE was getting around pretty well, but I just found out from my mom he spent the nite in the ER with KIDNEY STONES!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Poor Uncle Ted! He just can't get a break!

I hope they could do an ultrasound on the stones and get them broken up. That is terribly painful!

Staci - some docs say a good fish oil Omega product helps with circulation and keeping blood vessels clear. I wonder if they would help your uncle.

Prayers and I hope he gets to recover from everything now.

Prayers are working....

Papa is doing a lot better! He is in good spirits..
    He had a heart cauterization done, and he has no heart problems at all. They are still keeping him in the hospital becasue they need to figure out what happened to him on Sunday evening..

Thank you guys.. the prayers & thoughts means the world to me!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Uncle is Better

Mom talked to my Aunt yesterday,turns out it was Pneumonia that he had.He phoned and talked to her,sounded weak but otherwise fine.He will probably be there a few days.My Aunt couldn't see him,she has a bad cold but their son(my cousin) Dennis went in and saw him.Thank you to everyone who prayed for him ,much appreciated.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom
    I'm worried about my job for one. I just missed two days of work. I don't have a lot of sick time but it should be considered vacation time before it's "unpaid."

I spent all day yesterday (Tuesday) at the ER (7am until past 7pm) having tests run. I have kidney stones on my left side - they're small though. While I was there, I had another "episode" where my heart hurt like crazy. The nurse happened to be in and she hooked me up to monitors and an ekg immediately and everything seemed to be normal... just like last time though, only the nitro under my tongue made it go away.

In December I started the paperwork for FMLA-intermittent to allow me 1-2 days per month for my illness (migraines and this heart thing) to be out. HR said it was approved, then nothing ever happened. My manager was leaving so I asked if they needed anything else - HR said they never got the final form. So my manager sent it in 2 weeks ago on his final day as my manager. I'm afraid his carelessness is going to cost me my job. I do have all the emails between me and HR though.

Sorry this got so long. Could you all say a prayer that my job stays safe, my health improves and I do not have a repeat of last year, and that overall I feel better?
    The FML-Intermittent was approved. They backdated it to January!

Before Christmas, the edge of my right shoulder, right under the bones that lead to my arm, started hurting. I assumed I slept weird. Well it never went away. For the last few weeks, My entire shoulder feels like it is on fire if I move it. I cannot lean over to pick anything up, I cannot carry anything. I can barely turn the faucet on for a shower, and can't raise that arm without severe pain in order to wash my hair. Of course, hubby still wants me to vacuum, do dishes, feed/water the critters, etc. I can barely type. I paid a massage therapist (hate doing that) and it did nothing to alleviate the pain. Percocet does nothing. I'm at my wits end. It's just 1 thing after another. So ready to just give up. Life for those around me would be so much easier.

Please say a word or two that this gets fixed...
    Thanks, Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Crystal, I think Hubby needs a smack up the side of the head, and you need to draw some boundaries while you are unwell.

Does he really 'want' you to do all this housework, or are you doing it without mentioning the pain you are in? See about having a professional cleaner come in once a week - because you HURT too much.

If you want to give up on something, give up on accepting less than the best for yourself.

1 - 2 days FMLA per MONTH???? How about some longer-term disability?

And how about some short-term counselling for yourself? You have migraines, now your arm is killing you, and that takes a toll on your emotions.

Don't give up; get angry and push for what YOU need. You come first.

HUGS!

prayers for all that need them....
    Crystal - I have a few choice words to say to your husband but since this is family friendly forum I'll keep them to myself.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I won't go into some of hubby's issues here, it's the prayer thread, not the whine thread... lets just say he's not the happiest camper in the woods and is pretty sarcastic and nasty a good 90% of the time. I get about 10% of good mood from him.

I do have a dr. appointment Friday afternoon to see what's going on with my shoulder. I hope it's nothing major. My doctor deals in family and sports medicine, so hopefully he'll have a really good idea of what is going on.

Thanks ya'll.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Crystal, I think Hubby needs a smack up the side of the head, and you need to draw some boundaries while you are unwell.

Does he really 'want' you to do all this housework, or are you doing it without mentioning the pain you are in? See about having a professional cleaner come in once a week - because you HURT too much.
    In response to this even though I said I wouldn't whine...

He refuses to vacuum even though I've begged him every weekend for 4 weekends. He keeps saying, "if I have time" but doesn't have time because sports are on or he's too involved in his stupid video games. He's almost 40 (okay 38 in Sept) I think it's time he grow up and stop playing all the time and realize life is NOT all about fun and games, but work too.

A few years back I had surgery on my hand and it was in a cast for a bit of time. He wouldn't do a single dish - so I had to put on huge gloves and wrap a bag around my arm so I could do them. Yep, with my hand in a cast. It's hard to do dishes with 1 hand.