Page 92 of 216 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Thank you all for your prayers for my friend Liz' husband Bob.

His cancer proved to be more wide-spread than anticipated, but they feel they've successfully removed it all. He's healing much quicker than anticipated from his surgery and Liz has asked me to express her thanks to each of you for your healing prayers -- they are tangably strong.

Thank you very much
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

More prayers for all those that need them. *HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

A great big heartfelt thank you to everyone.

I will continue to pray for all those in need here.

I am so sorry I forgot to say; CONGRATULATIONS ANDY!!! Good for you!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    Not knowing the full story, it's hard to make suggestions;
    BUT a strong complaint to the facility management is in order!

There are a LOT of special "monitors" that can be used to monitor a patient's vital signs 24/7 -
    I wore a Heart Monitor every minute I was in the Hospital ... a lil battery operated gizmo
    carried in a pocket or on a belt, connected to ME with stick-on patches.
    It continuously sent my vitals into "Headquarters" at the nurses' station.
    They have similar set-ups for nursing home residents.

Do SOMETHING to have him monitored!
    /s/ Phred
    My mom did complain. Hell of a job they did. Ugh.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Update:

So tonight I was talking with my mom then all of a sudden, she said she had to go to the hospital, and something happened... so I found out that Papa went down, everything, heart rate, breathing, etc. and had a blood clot in his heart, so they ran a lot of tests on him, and he was responsive to all. He is currently sleeping; and they will find out more in the morning. They transported him out of ICU today AND now tonight, he is back in the ICU.

God. This infection is serious and I didn't think it would be. Please make it go away. I AM NOT READY for this right now.

*sigh*

More prayers, please.
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Prayers going out to your Papa. I've seen the prayers here do a lot of good.

Prayers for you, too, that you have strength - to cheer your Papa up when you get to see him!

HUGS.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers and positive thoughts are going out to everyone who needs them. I always say PT prayers for everyone who needs them each night.

Prayers going out for your Papa, Rachel. Things must be so scary for you right now. Hope the infection goes away, that they can do something about the clot, and he'll get better. Big hugs to you!!!

Tamara, I really hope things turn out ok for Mac. Poor guy! He was just trying to have some fun! The dangerous dog sounds like the one who got Tehya in the leg!

Prayers needed for Kia. Found bloody phlegm in her crate this morning.
    Last edited by ramanth; 02-25-2008 at 11:52 AM.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Well, I found out that Papa is doing better, they will figure out what is wrong and what exactly happened last night. He was in bed, joking with my dad about OSU losing to Wisconsin last night..

SO I found out this also... that 2 weeks ago Papa went to the foot doctor and they said his toe that he had surgery on, it wasn't infected, which they couldnt have been wronger about! Then apparently it got really swollen and tender and Uncle Al took him to the hospital and they said it was VERY, VERY infected, and that's what caused him to go to ICU. So, it's called septic shock which means the infection gets in your blood and causes the organs to shut down!

My cousin just called me saying that the doctors said that they think they need to move him to a different hospital to do a test and check for blockage in his arteries of his heart... because of what happened last night. So.. TOMORROW, they will be doing a heart cauterization. (sp?)

GOSH. I don't know much more upset I can get over this.

Thanks guys for your support... this is really rough on me..
    Last edited by CountryWolf07; 02-25-2008 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Dear ones, would you say a prayer for my friend Mary. My family has a friend that used to have her own cake decorating business, and Mary is her daughter. She's married and has school-age kids -- I think either two or three. Before I knew her she had surgery and radiation for a brain tumor. Well, around Thanksgiving she began having episodes of dizziness. Her initial scans at that time appeared negative but the dizziness has not resolved. She had more tests that show the tumor has returned. Mary has been referred to a neuro-oncologist who's new to the area, plus there are new treatments that were not available at the time she had her surgery and radiation. I believe she has seen the oncologist for her first visit but I'm not sure. So if you could keep our Mary in your prayers, that would be grand.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Quick update. Confirmatory test was positive; it's a brain tumor. She'll have her first appointment with the neuro-oncologist Wednesday.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

countrywolf07, I hope things steadily improve with your granddad. Septic shock is very scary. Daisy and Delilah, how are you? Glacier, how are things with Mac?

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

More thoughts and prayers going out to everyone from me. It never ceases to amaze me when I see the power of PT prayer working.

Rachel, I'm so sorry your Granddad is sick. I know how worried you are. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Elyse, poor Mary. I'm so sorry. This has to be very scary for everyone involved. Thanks for asking. I'm doing okay and staying as positive as possible. I just keep looking forward to getting this thing over with. I know there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

I hope all is well with Mac and you and Stuart, Tamara.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

My Uncle needs a prayer

My Uncle Elwood(Dad's brother) was taken to the hospital yesterday with a possible stroke.He could really use some prayers today.Will get a update from my Aunt later when Mom calls her.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Dear ones, I'm sorry to come to you again so soon. But I received some unexpected news this morning. We've had a wonderful, dynamic director of children's ministry at my church. However, she was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer and had been in experimental treatment for a couple months for ovarian cancer (which is known to develop in those who have had breast cancer). She died last night. This request has two parts. Thank God for all of the lives Vickie has touched during her work with the kids. I don't have kids but she has always been a key part of our family Christmas Eve service that I play for, so that's how I know her. At the end, for the closing prayer she always has the kids singing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Never a dry eye in the house. She's one of those people that it's a privilege just to know. But for her husband and kids, too- one daughter and one son and I believe they are both in college. Apparently the experimental treatment was not going as well as we had hoped. I'm sure she's rejoicing in heaven this morning. I can just picture her and St. Peter at the pearly gates -- he probably wasn't ready for all her energy

Thank you again,
    Elyse