Page 83 of 216 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Robin's in the hospital?
    Is she going to be ok?
    OMG!!I feel so horrible...i get a sick feeling inside whenever i hear this kind of stuff happening.That poor poor girl.
    Anything we can do?
    besides pray?Of course prayers but my God!!!!

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66
    Unfortunatley that's a big fat NO Gini. She talked to him tonight and ended up back in the hospital again, this time it will be for a while I'm sure

I don't know what to do any more but pray.

I'm so sorry!! It sounds like Robin is going through a very, very tough time. When you talk to her again Anna, please tell her she is in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66
    Unfortunatley that's a big fat NO Gini. She talked to him tonight and ended up back in the hospital again, this time it will be for a while I'm sure

I don't know what to do any more but pray.
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Robin will continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Anna - I am posting this here, and attaching it so you can send or fax it to Robin, if possible. She needs a long withdrawl period from this man/situation. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time. She's known him since she was 17...it's going to be really hard for her if she didn't have that living-on-her-own experience for a while.

I pray she learns to be comfortable in her own skin...and stays put until she is well. {{{{hugs}}}}
    6 GOOD Reasons For "No Contact"

1. Your ex is doing "no contact". You wouldn't be sweating those digits if they were calling you. When people love you, you love them. When people stay away from you, you should do the same. Hey, you don't want to be where you're not wanted, do you?

2. Begging and pleading doesn't work. If it did, you wouldn't be here. So try something different.

3. You're just asking for a panic attack. I don't know how many stories I've read on here of people who have given in and called or e-mailed and were completely slapped in the face or ignored by their ex. Then they're back at square one, feeling as bad as they did the day they got dumped. Or for those of you who get those ambiguous responses, you're given a tiny piece of string to hold onto while they continue to go out and have their fun - without you. It ain't worth it, honey.

4. What about you? Don't you deserve to be called and missed? Your ex wasn't the only one in the relationship, and you shouldn't be the only one calling. Guess what? He/she knows your number/e-mail address too. It's not fair to have one-sided communication. Invest that time and energy into yourself.

5. You won't be able to move on if you're still holding on to old ghosts. I say old ghosts because he/she isn't there anymore. They've moved on, some for better, a lot for worse. But the point is they've moved on. And you know what? If they really love you and they see that you're better than the rest out there, they'll be back. And if they don't, then you'll find someone who will think you're top dog. And you deserve that. Interesting stat - 90% of people in the US get married at least once. So it's against the odds that you'll be alone forever.

6. God loves you. He doesn't want to see you suffer. But God teaches those that he loves, so sometimes we have some hard lessons to learn. Take it in stride and gain everything that you can. He will be pleased and send you all that your heart needs and wants. Don't believe me? "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Psalm 37:4.

So let go of the phones and cancel the e-mails. Go read a good book. Pray, take a walk, write in a diary, post on here. But leave your ex alone. He/she will thank you for it, and you'll be thanking yourself later.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by catfamily
    Robin's in the hospital because of her husband beating on her???
    I'll let her explain what happened, but I can tell you he never touched her. He wasn't a physical abuser.

Catt1, I'll give it to her. Thanks.

I'll let her know your all keeping her in your thoughts.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

anna 66-thanks for helping me understand a little more and,sorry for jumping to conclusions on her being in the hospital because of physical abuse.
    i still feel sick to my stomach thining about all this.
    i just want her to be ok...that's all.
    i'll send posative thoughts and many prayers her way.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I'd like to add my son Glenn to the list. I've posted about his illness of myositis and he just isn't responding to the medication. He has experienced partial paralysis due to this illness and he's become very depressed and angry and scared. Any prayers for his complete healing would be greatly appreciated. You can read about his experience at this thread:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=138757
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mary - poor Glenn! More prayers for him!

Anna - this bit from Robin's post talks about physical injury by her hubby:

Then we get to my house to find my soon to be ex-Husband loading up the truck and he was quite surprised to see us pull up and block his exit. Let's just say that all hell broke loose and now I'm a little beat up and now I feel like I should be in the hosptial..lol. I'm ok though. Call[ed] the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Mary - poor Glenn! More prayers for him!

Anna - this bit from Robin's post talks about physical injury by her hubby:
    YOU ARE TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT. READING MORE INTO IT.
    THAT ISN'T WHAT HAPPENED.
    IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. ASK ROBIN.
    WHERE DOES IT SAY HE BEAT HER UP? IT DOESN'T.
    HE NEVER TOUCHED HER. WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT GET CANDACE?
    UGH
    I was speaking in capital letters b/c I was really wanting to scream.
    Last edited by shais_mom; 02-05-2008 at 12:06 PM.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Staci...when Robin writes "now I'm a little beat up", that's what I thought.

And her calling the police...for what? That added to my conclusion.

So if I made a mistake, big deal. My errors do not have the power to stop the world from turning. Relax.

I'd rather focus on Robin and her getting well, in mind, body and spirit.

love,
    Candace

Staci-i have to admit that i thought the same when i read that...and candice goes out of her way so much here on this prayer thread,that i couldn't believe anyone would be angry at her...and i also am sorry that i may have got you angry for misreading robins words.
    i was abused in my past by an exhusband and only trying to help...candice was trying so hard to help too.
    please don't be angry.
    we all really need each other.
    your friend
    carla

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Staci...when Robin writes "now I'm a little beat up", that's what I thought.

And her calling the police...for what? That added to my conclusion.

So if I made a mistake, big deal. My errors do not have the power to stop the world from turning. Relax.

I'd rather focus on Robin and her getting well, in mind, body and spirit.

love,
    Candace
    she didn't call the police -
    the neighbors did
    I'll relax when Robin is safe at home thanks, so don't try to tell me what to do.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I also read the messages and thought it appeared that he physically assaulted her. I am happy to see that wasn't the case.

Prayers going out to all who need them for any reason.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Whatever happened to Robin, I hope she is out of the hospital soon. (((hugs))) and prayers for her.

Thank you for clearing that up. I hope they are able to help the infection in her eyes while she is there - that's scary, and painful.

Robin will be in our prayers, and thank you, Staci, for clearing things up for us.

People, remember not to jump to conclusions, it just leads to contusions.
    I've Been Frosted