Page 41 of 216 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

I will continue to Pray for so many Wonderful Pet Talk Members on this thread~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Amen~~~~~~~~.
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy39
    I will continue to Pray for so many Wonderful Pet Talk Members on this thread~
    and we all benefit from you!! hugs Miss Dorothy
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Lut needs us! See post in general
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Sending prayers to anyone who may need them.

Prayers please for the family of little Laryssa, who at 10 months old finally is at peace last Monday from that brain tumour discovered just days before Christmas.

Her family is devastated, of course. Prayers for them, and for Greg our priest who has two daughters of his own and has been there for the bereaved family since Laryssa's diagnosis...it has been hard for him too.

Thank you all...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My brother's PSA levels are up and he is going to have a biopsy on his prostate on March 6th. I pray that it's not bad news. It will put my Mom over the edge......both her children with cancer and the potential that she could outlive both of us.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Lots of prayers for you and your brother, Vicki...I hope all goes well with him and you. And I hope that your February checkup went well!

I have a prayer request... my mother is driving me, my sister, and a family friends' 3 kids up to Oregon tomorrow, (Tuesday) it's a pretty long drive. I just wanted you all to keep us in your prayers that it will be a safe trip up there, and a safe trip back.

And I have another one: Isabelle, (our family friend who has cancer), also needs PT prayers. She is going through chemo treatments, and has now lost all of her hair. I know she'll make it through this, she's a very strong person. (Oh, she is also the mother of the 3 kids going to Oregon with us.) Isabelle just needs some extra prayers. Thank you all very much.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Tomorrow, it's a year since dad's been gone. Pray for my mom to have strength getting through the day.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom
    Tomorrow, it's a year since dad's been gone. Pray for my mom to have strength getting through the day.
    Prayers for your mom I hope she gets her strength back soon.Death is so hard on everyone that's left behind.and prayers for everyone on this thread

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I am sorry to be selfish...I would like a prayer or two. There's been changes at my job, I am adjusting to that...and have recently been requested to play funerals by people I know in my church (I play piano, write and sing), and that is fine.

This Saturday I play the whole service...for a 10-month-old baby, Larissa. Pray that I remember that it is about the family and community, not about me, and that I am a messenger, even if a vital one.

I don't want to fall apart when I am most needed.

(Plus...on Sunday, my sister would have been 49, she died of MS last year).

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    I am sorry to be selfish...I would like a prayer or two. There's been changes at my job, I am adjusting to that...and have recently been requested to play funerals by people I know in my church (I play piano, write and sing), and that is fine.
    This Saturday I play the whole service...for a 10-month-old baby, Larissa. Pray that I remember that it is about the family and community, not about me, and that I am a messenger, even if a vital one.
    I don't want to fall apart when I am most needed.
    (Plus...on Sunday, my sister would have been 49, she died of MS last year).
    Thank you.
    That's a very hard job.Doing Funerals.
    I remeber at my little brother's memorial the girl who sang for it was my client(I use to cut hair for 27 years)and I didn't know that she was going to be there.
    It surprised me but her voice REALLY surprised me.She sounded like an Angel and the tears kept flowing.I almost wish she'd stop.lol (I'm kidding...I Loved her being there and her voice accually helped and I think back on it a lot and smile)
    Her voice was/is just the most beautiful voice I ever heard.
    we were both surprised by this meeting as we only knew each other at the salon.
    Good Luck at your job.
    And I hope you're getting better with time after your sister's passing.It's very hard to lose a family member.Especially one that your close with.
    Prayers to you,and I know you'll do great this Saturday.
    Last edited by catfamily; 02-22-2007 at 11:32 PM.

Blessing, good wishes, for you Catty and for Larissa's family. I am sure your efforts will help to make the funeral a loving and healing occasion.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Oh Catty - that's not selfish...... Hugs and prayers to you my friend
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Thank you all for your prayers...I got back from Larissa's service a couple of hours ago.

If such a sad occasion can go smoothly and well and lovingly, this one did.

Children were welcome to come - and their presence added innocence and even a sense of fun...who could not smile at one little boy, staring up at the pulpit where the two priests spoke, with wide eyes and mouth open?

Larissa's mother is from Colombia - and Jairo, a Protestant pastor from Colombia shared the service with the Anglican priest, Greg.

Jairo's wife, Diana and daughter Andrea sang a GORGEOUS version of the Lord's prayer, in Spanish and in harmony. Another singer, Joyce, also a professional in the past, sang - and I did the song I had written for Larissa. All worked out well - rich in language, music and love and all things beautiful.

The photos of Larissa were just stunning - so much presence in one so little! She was just BEAUTIFUL.

Now Tim and Marrgie and Danica move on...Danica is only 2, and will be a source of joy for her parents, I know. Both their families are far away, and their congregation is going to adopt them, I know. I am blessed to belong to such a wonderful group.

Thanks again, everyone.

hugs
    Catty1