Page 214 of 216 FirstFirst ... 114164204205206207208209210211212213214215216 LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

OOF, Elyse! How are you doing now? Kitties and I hope things have been healing up well.

And Vette, we hope you haven't had any recent mishaps!

We're sending loads of loving good wishes and healing energies to all who can use some!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It's not that I have prayer requests, but I have some desires, the fulfillment of which would make my life more comfortable. I have long ceased to dream of something unrealizable, I dream of useful things that will make life easier for me and my family. I haven't told my wife yet, but I have already ordered the Weber Spirit E310 gas grill. We really love outdoor activities and grilled meat, for such gatherings, this is the perfect treat. This is my mundane dream - to organize warm and cozy gatherings in the summer. You can invite friends and relatives. This is the most valuable thing and I thought about it just during the quarantine.

Lovely! Thank you. And best wishes with it!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I was walking from my car to the entrance to my building (I live in a condominium building). I had my cane in my right hand as usual. I think one of two things happened - either I didn't put the cane solidly down, and it went out from under me; or the pavement was slippery and the cane just slid. Or both. The cane went out in front of me. I landed on my knees and then my hands.
    Ooof... ouchies
    wish they made those rubber things with some type of slip resistant print on the bottom of them or something to help them have better grip/traction for slick surfaces

Prayers please for our beloved Lulu, our warrior princess. She is a Pointer/Blue heeler (Australian Cattledog) mix, and a year and a half old. Yesterday she was napping under a visitor's car, and got run over when the visitor left abruptly. She then was scared and ran - so Kermit sent most of the day scouring the woods nearby looking for her, calling her, with no success. After dark last night a neighbor drove her home, she was on his porch when he got home from work, and when he opened his door, she went in his house and jumped up on the couch.

When she got home she went up and slept on my bed, until Kermit got back and carried her to his bed and examined her. No broken bones, but she was obviously in pain, and would not eat, He took her to the vet this morning, and she has a massive hernia, and her organs are pushed up int her chest. She needs surgery, but we have to take her to a different vet for that - they don't have the capability there. But it's going to be at least $2000, and there's a chance she might not survive.

Prayers please! This is so scary. She is our self-appointed defender of the farm, and chases off foxes nearly every night, especially this time of year. She is sweet, cuddly and just the best dog ever.
    I've Been Frosted

Lulu is alive! She made it through surgery and is spending the night at the Emergency Vets in Greenfield Massachusetts. I will spare you gory details.
    I've Been Frosted

Do still keep her in your prayers, please. She will have a long recovery. The surgeon said he'd never seen a dog injured so badly that lived, and her heart did stop at one point, but they gave her CPR and she pulled through.

Here is Lulu as she normally is:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've Been Frosted

What happened??? Thank God she'll be OK! Gosh, how she managed to pull though is nothing short of a miracle! Sending you lots of love and healing prayers, brave, beautiful Lulu!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Prayers please for our beloved Lulu, our warrior princess. She is a Pointer/Blue heeler (Australian Cattledog) mix, and a year and a half old. Yesterday she was napping under a visitor's car, and got run over when the visitor left abruptly. She then was scared and ran - so Kermit sent most of the day scouring the woods nearby looking for her, calling her, with no success. After dark last night a neighbor drove her home, she was on his porch when he got home from work, and when he opened his door, she went in his house and jumped up on the couch.

When she got home she went up and slept on my bed, until Kermit got back and carried her to his bed and examined her. No broken bones, but she was obviously in pain, and would not eat, He took her to the vet this morning, and she has a massive hernia, and her organs are pushed up int her chest. She needs surgery, but we have to take her to a different vet for that - they don't have the capability there. But it's going to be at least $2000, and there's a chance she might not survive. Prayers please! This is so scary. She is our self-appointed defender of the farm, and chases off foxes nearly every night, especially this time of year. She is sweet, cuddly and just the best dog ever.
    Oh no! Just found it. Thank goodness she's going to be OK! *fingers crossed* How terrifying for her and you. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and in my heart, sending lots of healing love!!! Stay strong, beautiful Lulu!!!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks, Sandra, it was awful, scary and I am sure horribly painful for her.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm just seeing all this now. What a horrifying story. I'm so very, very glad and grateful that Lulu made it through this experience and then the surgery, and she's alive and on the way to a long and careful recovery.

Joining in: Stay strong and brave, beautiful Lulu!

Sending loads of love and prayers and good wishes and blessings and warm healing energies along to you,

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Tinker
    Last edited by phesina; 08-19-2021 at 08:37 PM.
    Death thought about it.

Good for you Lulu. Stay strong and speedy recovery, I wish you all the best.

Lulu is recovered enough to come home tomorrow~ thanks for all your prayers, she is our warrior princess, and no doubt her fitness (as well as skilled surgeons) helped save her life.

I promise pictures when she is home.

Poor Dusky is sad, doesn't understand where she is!
    I've Been Frosted

Yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Lulu is recovered enough to come home tomorrow~ thanks for all your prayers, she is our warrior princess, and no doubt her fitness (as well as skilled surgeons) helped save her life.

I promise pictures when she is home.

Poor Dusky is sad, doesn't understand where she is!
    What great news!!! So happy to hear Warrior Princess is coming home!!! Hopefully she'll be putting her "warrior" duties on hold for quite some time to come! Can't wait for the pics!

I'm so glad to learn Lulu is doing so well she'll be coming home tomorrow! The Warrior Princess, indeed!

I hope Dusky cheers up soon once his dear friend is back home.

I'm looking forward to the pics, too! More good wishes and loving prayers and warm healing energies to all from us.

Death thought about it.