Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

I am so sorry, Karen.

Thanks everyone. She was a dear lady, but cancer is relentless, and we are all glad her struggles against it are over.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry, Karen. (((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Karen, I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy to you and family and friends and all who love her and grieve her. {{{HUGS}}}
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

She is now free of pain - but how heartbreaking for you and all who love her.

{{{{hugs}}}} May her memory be for a blessing.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My deepest condolances dear Karen. RIP your mother-in-law.

Blog Entries
    Sending my deepest sympathy to you and yours at this difficult and sad time.

I am so sorry for your loss Karen. Prayers on the way for strength and peace fpr you.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9. My moms not doing so well. shes has COPD an has been on straight oxygen for about 7years or so an right now she has phenomena in her left lung an is retaining CO2. shes been in the hospital since the 8th of this month an the phenomena is finally is clearing up some but the CO2 she keeps retaining without treatments an its been a very bumpy road getting to this point for the doctors to figure whatd works for her to regulate it.

first day she had a tube put down her throat to breath for her an suck the stuff out
    secant day the tube was removed cuz my mom hated being sedated an it didnt help in the long run away. it got the CO2 out of her lungs but it sky rocketed however many hours later
    day 3 they tried a regular oxygen mask thingy an seeing how that went
    day 4 that mask didnt work. the CO2 sky rocketed
    day 5 they tried a different mask that puts 14 pounds of air into her lungs but feels similar to driving down the road an sticking your head out the window with your mouth open going 60MPH or faster an trying to breath like that
    the remainder of the days has been waiting for the phenomena to clear up enough to go home

the day 5 mask(a bipap/cpap type mask) is working so far but my mom hates the thing cuz it feels like she cant breath with it on an starts getting bad anxiety with it. to add to the matters she has short term memory an has to be explained over an over why the mask is on her face an that she can an 'is' breathing with the mask on it just feels like she cant an that she'll will die without it. i dont mind explaining to her a billion times over why the mask is on her face an that she is breathing i just hope she doesnt feel like its too much to handle/forcing her to do something she doesnt want. im hoping they send us home with a different kind of mask to level the CO2 out that doesnt make her feel like she cant breath

any good thoughts an prayers would be much appreciated
    Last edited by Vette; 09-14-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Prayers on the way for her - and you.
    I've Been Frosted

I am very sorry about your mom's condition. She is lucky to have you.
    Best wishes and healing thoughts are on the way.

I am so sorry. Your mom is in my thoughts and prayers!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Prayers on the way for her - and you.
    From me, too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    From me, too!
    And me...
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

15. Thank you everyone for your kindness an prayers. it really means a lot to me.

a lady came in yesterday an did a interview with my mom to see if she would be willing to do a at home Hospise care plan an my mom was all for it. today however shes flat out refused the mask an had a total panic attack to the point of tears about it. after most the day had gone by my dad finally was able to convince her to try the mask.

ETA:
    my dad got off the phone with me a few minutes ago giving me an update(i visit for a little over half the day an return home to take care of the animals an my dad stays there with her) that they gave her something to sleep through the night an she still has the mask on.

one of my fears is either when she wakes up or comes home she'll panic an then refuse to use the mask,, but my dad says he thinks she'll have much less anxiety at home an be more willing to use it.

ETA yet again:
    they sent her home with us an my mom tried the mask out but it didnt help at all an moms going down hill fast with slurred speech an no strength to move around at all. my brother; sister in law; an our pastor came out an spent all morning with us an my brother said the Prayer For Salvation that she repeated after him so thats really good. just.... *sigh*

ETA agains:
    my mom passed on the 18th =/ i cant believe shes really gone. by how the doctors were sounding she'd wear the mask at night while sleeping an use something that looks similar to one of those Ecig things during the day but their story changed to she needed to wear the mask all the time right as she came home. something i really dont understand being they seen how it panicked her an such to make her go through that an it still not help in the long run. to be honest im quite angry about that part of it. its no wonder they have you sign papers stating that you cant sue them.
    Last edited by Vette; 09-20-2017 at 11:20 PM.