Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Prayers for Karen L. "wolflady" here on Pet Talk, I saw a post on Facebook that she has had a stroke and is in the hospital. Big prayers on the way that if it is a stroke, she is getting the right care to recover from it quickly, with minimal damage!
    Karen's husband gave an update on Facebook: "So far we know she had a few strokes and her vision and balance is affected. Two vertebrae arteries were completely clogged and resulted in vertebral artery dissection (VAD). So far we just wait and watch to make sure symptoms don't get worse. She is on blood thinners to prevent clotting and is seeing PT and OT for next steps. Pray she doesn't have to go for major surgery."
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers for Karen L. and her family.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

More prayers for Karen.

I hope the blood thinners do the job and no surgery is needed. I also hope this can be prevented from happening again.

Wishing the best especially for the sake of little Sylvia.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry to hear about Karen. Prayers on the way from me for her and and her family!!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sreedhar posted on Facebook again late yesterday.
    Wanted to provide an update, not much new to report, we're still hanging at the hospital waiting for next steps. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.
    I will keep folks here posted when I see or hear anything new.
    I've Been Frosted

I heard from her husband on Facebook - Karen L. is coming home today, on blood thinners and will have to be monitored very carefully. Still I know getting home always has made me feel much better, and like I will heal faster!
    I've Been Frosted

Well, that's good news! Continuing prayers and good healing wishes for Karen.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I heard from her husband on Facebook - Karen L. is coming home today, on blood thinners and will have to be monitored very carefully. Still I know getting home always has made me feel much better, and like I will heal faster!
    Oh, good! I will go light another candle for her and her family on our candle page.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Another update from Sreedhar Lakamsani, Karen husband:
    Karen is still doing physical therapy for at least 2-3 more weeks. She feels that balance and vision have not improved which is frustrating. But, we are hopeful it will get better. There are several follow-up doctor appointments which will tell us next steps. Still hoping for no surgery.
    Also requesting prayers for a friend's son and daughter-in-law, she is pregnant with twins, and there are complications, so she may end up on bed red for the next few months, prayers for safety and healing for the babies would be appreciated!
    I've Been Frosted

Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of when my Granny passed away.

Some of you may have seen this on facebook... My dear friend Billie has been in ICU for 2 weeks fighting for her life. She is on life support. She & I worked together for many years, and she retired a couple of years ago and moved to Washington. We have kept in touch, though. She has been in town helping her oldest daughter and... well, as you can guess, she fell ill. My heart is so sad for her and the family. The girls (gosh they are just almost as old as I am) have asked if I want to go see her. I need to think long and hard about it. And pray on the matter. Billie is unresponsive (and has been for the entire time she's been in the hospital) and her kids have been told to get prepared to make THAT CHOICE.

I don't have many regrets. We have kept in touch. And in almost all of our emails we signed off with, "love and miss you". She was like a mom to me at work.

I just need a miracle to happen for her.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of when my Granny passed away.

Some of you may have seen this on facebook... My dear friend Billie has been in ICU for 2 weeks fighting for her life. She is on life support. She & I worked together for many years, and she retired a couple of years ago and moved to Washington. We have kept in touch, though. She has been in town helping her oldest daughter and... well, as you can guess, she fell ill. My heart is so sad for her and the family. The girls (gosh they are just almost as old as I am) have asked if I want to go see her. I need to think long and hard about it. And pray on the matter. Billie is unresponsive (and has been for the entire time she's been in the hospital) and her kids have been told to get prepared to make THAT CHOICE.

I don't have many regrets. We have kept in touch. And in almost all of our emails we signed off with, "love and miss you". She was like a mom to me at work.

I just need a miracle to happen for her.
    Prayers on the way, for you and for Billie!
    I've Been Frosted

Sending you and Billie prayers and positive thoughts.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Billie is awake!!! Not out of the woods by a long shot, but AWAKE is a huge improvement. Oh my gosh. I am so so so happy.
    THANK YOU!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

WOOHOO!!! Keep on going, Billie!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Great News!!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana