Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Prayers on the way for everyone concerned.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    This is a request for two people I know, both of whom are named Bob.

Bob is the husband of my past choir president at church and was recently diagnosed with pneumonia and pleurisy. He is on antibiotics but has a lot of pain from the pleurisy, so he is also on pain meds.

Rev. Bob is a former pastor at my church. He has cancer, which has recently gone to his brain, so he is now under hospice care. So if I could ask for prayers for him and his family.

Thank you very much,
    Elyse
    Could you please keep Bob in your prayers. He had a large amount of fluid taken off of his chest cavity yesterday. He's not feeling much better yet but his doctor said he should feel better soon with all of the fluid removed.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Rev. Bob is a former pastor at my church. He has cancer, which has recently gone to his brain, so he is now under hospice care. So if I could ask for prayers for him and his family.

Thank you very much,
    Elyse
    Rev. Bob passed away on Monday evening after a very long time with cancer. I am very sad because I'll miss him, but also glad because he is no longer suffering.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Rest in peace, sir, our thoughts will be with your family and church family as well.
    I've Been Frosted

Although his passing sounds like a blessing and he is no longer in pain, it makes it no less difficult for
    you in your loss.

Prayers of condolences are offered for you and your pastor's family.

Blog Entries

diane

diane is at the rainbow feeding and watering the kitties and other pet and animals.. please pray.. pat

Update on #2750 ... I saw Bob in church on Christmas Eve and again this past Sunday - he looks a-ma-zing! And said he is feeling well, too and appreciated all of the prayers that were said for him.

First request for 2013 isn't really a request but what I put on our gratefulness.org group page ... Dear God, thank You for all of the very special people, cats, dogs and pets of Pet Talk!

Going through a very tough time, and I think this weekend will be one of the hardest things I'll ever have done in my life. I will be going down to visit my grandparents for the weekend, and most likely it will be my last time to see my grandpa. He is currently battling advanced lung cancer. They live 4 hours away. So seeing them everyday wasn't something I could do. I am very upset and all I can do is cry all day today. My aunt informed me that I can't hug him or kiss him when I see him or when I leave. So Mike will be coming with me, Ryder as well. We are bringing Ryder mostly for my grandma who loves dogs, and I know, it will help her. Please include me and my family (and my grandma/dad's side of family) in your prayers. Thank you.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

For our school family

One of our faculty passed last night from a heart attack. Please pray for our faculty, his family, his students, and all his friends.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

For my brother.......

He is 78 yrs old, and was hospitalized a couple of weeks ago with pneumonia - and congestive heart failure, and also probable kidney issues. He is not in the best of health to start with, being diabetic and having carotid stents and high blood pressure, along with other issues. It was discovered that he has a serious heart murmur and will probably need a valve replacement, however in his present state would not survive open heart surgery. The cardiologist gives him another 2-5 years at best. He is still undergoing tests, so I'm praying that a solution can be found, to extend that expectation.
    He could sure use some powerful PT prayers at this stage of the game..........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    He is 78 yrs old, and was hospitalized a couple of weeks ago with pneumonia - and congestive heart failure, and also probable kidney issues. He is not in the best of health to start with, being diabetic and having carotid stents and high blood pressure, along with other issues. It was discovered that he has a serious heart murmur and will probably need a valve replacement, however in his present state would not survive open heart surgery. The cardiologist gives him another 2-5 years at best. He is still undergoing tests, so I'm praying that a solution can be found, to extend that expectation.
    He could sure use some powerful PT prayers at this stage of the game..........
    You got it, prayers coming your way from california.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

More prayers, Pom. I hope your brother heals and has some more good time in life.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers for your brother, Ellie.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    You got it, prayers coming your way from california.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    More prayers, Pom. I hope your brother heals and has some more good time in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Prayers for your brother, Ellie.
    Thank you. I know at 78 he's already lived a good long and active life, and surpassed in longevity, all the other males on my father's side of the family - father, brother, uncles, nephew, cousins - who all passed on between 40 and their early 70's. Somehow tho, you always want more. I'll be calling him sometime this week to see how his other tests have gone. I'm praying for the best. I always said that he'd probably outlive me, and I'm the youngest. He's the oldest of the 3 kids and the most ornery - so he just may do it yet!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

this is from a candle:

Dear God, I am so thankful for all of the very special people, cats, dogs and pets of Pet Talk! Thank You for them, God!

i PT!