Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Tons of prayers and candles being lit for Phred - it is so sad to think of him being in the hospital again.

Also prayers for all who need them........................

Thank you for letting us know, Staci!

I sent Phred an e-mail only a couple of days ago and had no idea he was in hospital. I'm SO very sorry to hear it.

Phred told me in August that he would need dialysis, and he has some other health problems. I really hope the treatment will help him feel better and he be able to go home.

I suggest that we who know him well, send cards and give him a ring - and whatever is needed!

Staci, if you're in touch with him, could you please ask how we can help him the best way?

Who is taking care of Cinder, Smoke and Heidi?

Phred is THE pillar of Pet Talk and I really think we should do all we can to help Phred feel better. He is such a wonderful man!

I have his phone no. but not sure if it's his cell phone. I will try to give him a ring tomorrow.

Dear Phred, I'm sending lots and lots of good thought for you to get over this!! Please doctors, make an effort - this is important!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Looks like I will be asking for back to back prayers. This week, tomorrow, it is for the J-dog, Jasper, as he is having a mass removed from his shoulder. I had hoped it would be set for Tuesday, as I am off on Wednesday, through the following Monday for the holiday. So, prayers for Jasper, that the surgery will be smooth, and the biopsy non cancerous.

The prayers for the next monday involve my neice, Samantha, as well as my sister, Jessica. Sam is having a kidney transplant on Tuesday, the (a long time coming) and my sister is the donor. As you can imagine, this is a very big time for them, and we are simply fraught with worry.

Thanks,
    Johanna

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Thank you for letting us know, Staci!

I sent Phred an e-mail only a couple of days ago and had no idea he was in hospital. I'm SO very sorry to hear it.

Phred told me in August that he would need dialysis, and he has some other health problems. I really hope the treatment will help him feel better and he be able to go home.

I suggest that we who know him well, send cards and give him a ring - and whatever is needed!

Staci, if you're in touch with him, could you please ask how we can help him the best way?

Who is taking care of Cinder, Smoke and Heidi?

Phred is THE pillar of Pet Talk and I really think we should do all we can to help Phred feel better. He is such a wonderful man!

I have his phone no. but not sure if it's his cell phone. I will try to give him a ring tomorrow.

Dear Phred, I'm sending lots and lots of good thought for you to get over this!! Please doctors, make an effort - this is important!!
    His friends Pat and Joan have the dogs.
    I don't know if you tried to call him or not but if you need the right number please don't hesistate to ask me.
    i'm not sure what we can do to help him other than keep praying.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Prayers for Jasper, that the mass is benign and that he feels more comfortable after the surgery.

Special prayers for Jessica and Samantha that all goes well, and that healing is fast and complete. Samantha's story is one of triumph after triumph over great odds - I believe and pray she will triumph here also.

Phred - dear Phred, champion of Samantha's story - huge prayers for him. We are just not ready to lose him. Keep up the fight, Phred!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Staci and all, I found this under Communications on the hospital website:

Communication Needs
    Televisions

In-room television is available in every patient room.

Telephone Service

Local calls are available for no additional charge. Please ask your nurse on how to access an outside line.

Personal Electronics

Laptops and personal music/video players can be used in your room, but it must be inspected and approved for use by our Bio-Medical staff. Select Specialty Hospital is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Cell phones may be used in designated areas.

Mail

Mail is delivered to Select Specialty Hospital daily with exception of Sunday and federal holidays. Outgoing mail can be dropped off at the nurses' station.

Interpreter Services

Select Specialty Hospital offers care-related interpreter services for patients with limited English proficiency. This service is free of charge. Please contact your nurse, physician, case manager, or Hospital Administrative staff for additional information.
    My guess is that unless Phred has access to his own computer, emailing him directly is not possible. Maybe someone near there could take a laptop in to him and he could read emails of FB posts. I don't know who visits him, though.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

A small update on Jasper. The mass appears to be benign. It will be biopsied, just to be certain.

It appears the mass was scar tissue, from an old trauma- one made with a shotgun. The scar tissue was located under two bigger scars in the skin. The area around it, perhaps 8 inches around, is peppered with buckshot marks, or that is what it seems. My vet said he has operated on beagles/hunters that inadvertantly got shot, and that is what the marks seem like. My poor, sweet, timid boy. Anyhow, it is what it is, and it explains his personality so much.

I will be bumping up Sam's story, in prep for the surgery. Sure could use Phred right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    A small update on Jasper. The mass appears to be benign. It will be biopsied, just to be certain.

It appears the mass was scar tissue, from an old trauma- one made with a shotgun. The scar tissue was located under two bigger scars in the skin. The area around it, perhaps 8 inches around, is peppered with buckshot marks, or that is what it seems. My vet said he has operated on beagles/hunters that inadvertantly got shot, and that is what the marks seem like. My poor, sweet, timid boy. Anyhow, it is what it is, and it explains his personality so much.

I will be bumping up Sam's story, in prep for the surgery. Sure could use Phred right now.

It's good to hear that Jasper got some good news. Have you intro'd him
    on the Dog pages? A picture would be nice too, I'd like to "meet" him when
    you have some time.

More prayers for all who need them right now.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm posting this to ask for your prayers for a very special woman.

After 8 weeks in intensive care, our Pastor passed away this past Tuesday. The doctors sedated Pastor Alice, she was on a respirator and a few weeks ago the doctors did a tracheotomy to help her breathing. During this period of time, her husband Jeff never left her side.

Pastor Alice was everything a pastor should be. She was always available, day and night, to anyone for any reason. During her 14 years leading our small church, Pastor Alice started a food pantry that serves our community well, a swap-shop, and an ESL program. Every Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, Pastor would have a holiday dinner at her house and everyone was welcome.

Her passing is a tremendous loss not only to our church but to the community as well.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Prayers for those who need them - especially Phred. My family could use some prayers. My grandma probably isn't going to make it through tomorrow. We went and said our goodbyes tonight, it was really hard. At least she will be with my grandpa now. We lost Corby's grandpa earlier this year so its been a rough year. My parents are already dealing with a lot with my dad getting hit by a car he's still wheelchair bound so for him to be able to come home for christmas they'll have to put in ramps and such.

Oh gosh, Amy, I'm so sorry. Prayers for your family, may your grandma's crossing be peaceful. Also praying your dad returns home soon. ((hugs))

Prayers are going out to all in need. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    She's gone.
    Amy, I'm so sorry to hear this. May she RIP. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    She's gone.
    So sorry to hear this.

Continued prayers for Phred and all in need of prayers tonight.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!