Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    please keep my brother in law's grandmother in your prayers she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer around the first full week of March and they aren't sure she will make it thru the week.
    please keep the family in your prayers for stregnth.
    thanks
    Man,
    Sorry to hear that.

I hate PC, it's the worst.

Prayers needed, prayers sent.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Man,
    Sorry to hear that.

I hate PC, it's the worst.

Prayers needed, prayers sent.
    thanks Richard.

6 years ago on 4-5-2004 my Grandma M met her Savior at 11:55pm.
    I remember talking to my friends on AIM and their condolences and love I felt thru their words via a simple instant message, meant the world to me. I miss her everyday.
    Almost 6 years later to the minute, @ ~ 9:15pm 4-5-10 my brother in law's grandmother C, left this world to be with her Savior after a short but brutal battle with pancreatic cancer that she was just diagnosed with the 2nd week of March 2010.
    I know Grandma M was there to show her around. That's just the way she was.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I got an e-mail today. Didn't get it; didn't even get a second interview. I'm disappointed. I have another interview tomorrow with a company near the Merchandise Mart.

And dad is in the hospital. He's been having jaw and shoulder pain with activity for the past several weeks and it has gotten to the point where he's getting it with less and less activity. He called his cardiologist, who sent him to the hospital, and they kept him for some following up.

Updates and a new request:
    Dad is doing great. His biggest complaint is that his knees hurt (arthritis in both of them) when he walks around the block. The weather has been so nice that he and mom try to walk around the block every evening after supper. It is difficult for mom because of her post-infection arthritis so they go slow. His doctor said he should go back to cardiac rehab so he is on the waiting list for that.

I didn't get the job near the Mart. The building was beautiful, though - the old Chicago Central Office Building has had a major rehab.

New request: I have an interview for a position in the suburbs next week Tuesday morning. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hey everyone, I have a big prayer request.....
    I have a very good friend who is also a classmate of mine, who is in the army reserves. Well, apparently she is on the battle roster to be deployed to Afghanistan. I don't know when she would have to leave IF she is for sure leaving. We are starting 4th term of our Veterinary Technology program, she is my best friend.
    PLEASE PLEASE pray that she is pulled from the battle roster, and that she DOES NOT have to leave! Thank you, this would mean so very much to me, as well as her.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

New request: I have an interview for a position in the suburbs next week Tuesday morning. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    I didn't get it. I have an interview for a different type of nursing position on Monday of next week, though.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Prays for my Mom

My mom had rotator cuff surgery on March 2nd of this year. This was her 5th surgery on her shoulder. They were able to do another rotator cuff surgery but the surgeon told us that her muscle lining has become very thin and he wasn't sure if the stitches were going to hold up or not but we are hoping they would heal but I'm not sure if that's the case now or not. I've been helping her out when I can from time to time, my dad has actually been helping out which is good.

Anyway, she had a lot of pain after surgery which we expected but as the weeks went by she doesn't seem to be getting any better.

To make it worse she’s been getting nausea sometimes and gets these dizzy spells and she’s sick for a day or so and then she starts feeling better. She at the doctors today actually right now so I’m hoping they will tell her what’s been going on with that.

If you could spare a small pray that her shoulder starts feeling better soon I’d really appreciate it. She is supposed to have knee surgery soon (they finally said they would do that after many years of pain) which she doesn’t know if she will want to go through that but I’m just hoping her shoulder heals up and she won’t need a shoulder replacement or anything like that.

Thank you for the prays,
    Melissa

Good thoughts, prayers and purrs for you, your mom and your dad.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Prayers on the way.
    I've Been Frosted

I didn't get it. I have an interview for a different type of nursing position on Monday of next week, though.

I have lighted a candle for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77 View Post
    My mom had rotator cuff surgery on March 2nd of this year. This was her 5th surgery on her shoulder. They were able to do another rotator cuff surgery but the surgeon told us that her muscle lining has become very thin and he wasn't sure if the stitches were going to hold up or not but we are hoping they would heal but I'm not sure if that's the case now or not. I've been helping her out when I can from time to time, my dad has actually been helping out which is good.

Anyway, she had a lot of pain after surgery which we expected but as the weeks went by she doesn't seem to be getting any better.

To make it worse she’s been getting nausea sometimes and gets these dizzy spells and she’s sick for a day or so and then she starts feeling better. She at the doctors today actually right now so I’m hoping they will tell her what’s been going on with that.

If you could spare a small pray that her shoulder starts feeling better soon I’d really appreciate it. She is supposed to have knee surgery soon (they finally said they would do that after many years of pain) which she doesn’t know if she will want to go through that but I’m just hoping her shoulder heals up and she won’t need a shoulder replacement or anything like that.

Thank you for the prays,
    Melissa

Prayers will be offered for your Mom and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    Prayers will be offered for your Mom and your family.

Thank you very much!
    Melissa

Prayers for everyone and lots of encouraging thoughts.

Just a little one for me too? I have just had all my teeth repaired and some new partial dentures after falling on my face on a marble tile floor and damaging them Right now my mouth is very sore and it is hard to eat ( not really a bad thing ,lol) please ask if it will be less painful very soon so I can talk clearly in class and do a good job of teaching English.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith Cherry View Post
    Prayers for everyone and lots of encouraging thoughts.

Just a little one for me too? I have just had all my teeth repaired and some new partial dentures after falling on my face on a marble tile floor and damaging them Right now my mouth is very sore and it is hard to eat ( not really a bad thing ,lol) please ask if it will be less painful very soon so I can talk clearly in class and do a good job of teaching English.

Prays being sent your way!!

Melissa

A very special person and friend passed away Wednesday, April 21st. Please keep the family of Lynn Bertrand in your prayers tomorrow, Friday, as that is the day they lay her to rest.

Lynn was so special. Even during the times she was in an incredible amount of pain and very ill, she kept a bright outlook and started every day with a positive thought and happy cheerful GOOD MORNING's to her friends.

I will miss her a lot.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Dear God, thank you that calls are starting to come back from all the résumés I've sent out the past couple of months.

Could you please provide a job for my sister; she really needs one right now, especially one with health and dental insurance.

Thank you,
    Elyse