Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

My grandmother was taken to hospital this morning. As yet, we are not sure exactly what the problem is, but from what we know so far she is in some substantial degree of pain.

She put up with the pain for an entire night because she didn't want to bother anyone. That is so typically her - as sweet as they come.

I don't usally ask for prayers, but a little PT magic has worked in the past. I will keep all others in this thread in my thoughts, too.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z View Post
    My grandmother was taken to hospital this morning. As yet, we are not sure exactly what the problem is, but from what we know so far she is in some substantial degree of pain.

She put up with the pain for an entire night because she didn't want to bother anyone. That is so typically her - as sweet as they come.

I don't usally ask for prayers, but a little PT magic has worked in the past. I will keep all others in this thread in my thoughts, too.
    Sorry about your grandmother, she will be in my prayers.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Prayer request for Dalon and family

Please say a prayer for my friend Dalon and her 2 little boys.
    Alan, her husband is missing and presumed dead.
    He and his boss were caught in an avalanche yesterday while out on snow mobiles.

http://www.adn.com/news/weather/story/1138323.html
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Oh NO - prayers for Dalon and those two sweet boys. Avalanches are horrid things - but miracles happen. Prayers for a miracle here.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Please say a prayer for a friend of mine. Her little boy, 7 years old, had surgery for a ruptured appendix yesterday. Evidently, there was a massive amount of infection. The doctor told Dana that it looked like a grenade went off......I haven't heard how he is doing, but I know he is pretty sick. Thank you all!! I pray for all of the people on Pet Talk every night!!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

I have to find another position. Pray that I find one quickly and it's something I'm well qualified for.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I have to find another position. Pray that I find one quickly and it's something I'm well qualified for.
    All fingers, paws and whiskers crossed for you. Are you looking for another nursing position?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

We will keep you all in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

My prayers will be offered for all who need them.

Prayers for all who need them.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I also want to send prayers and thoughts out for all of you that have posted.

I am in need of prayers myself. Please pray for my Mom that has dementia, my friend with cancer that is recovering now from a terrible infection, and my Son that has all sorts of gastro problems. He is having surgery soon. We will find out when tomorrow. It has been very trying for all the family and our friends. Thanks to everybody.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I also want to send prayers and thoughts out for all of you that have posted.

I am in need of prayers myself. Please pray for my Mom that has dementia, my friend with cancer that is recovering now from a terrible infection, and my Son that has all sorts of gastro problems. He is having surgery soon. We will find out when tomorrow. It has been very trying for all the family and our friends. Thanks to everybody.
    I am praying for all of your loved ones and you, its sounds like you have a lot on your shoulders right now.

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    All fingers, paws and whiskers crossed for you. Are you looking for another nursing position?
    Yep. I've got an interview on Thursday - university hospital with a good reputation, with several primary care sites in the surrounding suburbs. They're looking for a nurse to handle insurance communications and discharge planning for patients from the primary care clinics who have managed care insurance and are admitted to the hospital. I can do that. I'd be happy working there because I got my master's from their program - and also because they now have an on-site fitness center, which they didn't when I was a student there. I'm sure I could do good work there and I'd learn a lot.

Thank you so much! I'll update after Thursday---
    elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yep. I've got an interview on Thursday - university hospital with a good reputation, with several primary care sites in the surrounding suburbs. They're looking for a nurse to handle insurance communications and discharge planning for patients from the primary care clinics who have managed care insurance and are admitted to the hospital. I can do that. I'd be happy working there because I got my master's from their program - and also because they now have an on-site fitness center, which they didn't when I was a student there. I'm sure I could do good work there and I'd learn a lot.

elyse
    Good luck with your interview, I will be praying for you.

I have been frosted!

elyse
    Good luck, cassiesmom! I'll definitely be thinking of you.

I feel bad asking this, it's pretty stupid. But I did really bad at auditions (let's not even go there) and I think I really put my job on the line...ugh. People have started getting calls already and I haven't yet. Can you please hope (WITH me!) that I got my job back? I also have another request..I have HSPA's next week - it's a graduation requirement - meaning I HAVE TO PASS them. If I don't pass them, then I need to take a class next year and drop one of my science courses that I REALLY need to take, and TAKE them again.. Please wish me luck next week with these exams? Thank you guys, and of course I'll be thinking of all of you too