Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Sending prayers & sibe vibes to those in need.

And we thank all of you for your prayers for Tori.
    I haven't written much because its still been a bit up in the air as to how her recovery is going. But she is finally showing some interest in eating, and the last 3 nights, she's eaten a small meal. She's very picky, what she'll eat one day, she won't the next. But I talked to the vet (again) today, we're unsure why she still isn't going potty more firmly, but the vet said we can start to focus on that being the main problem right now rather than complications from her surgery. He said she's pretty much in the clear from leaking into her gut from sutures or tears. That's good news!

<Better call God> <dials God>

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes View Post

I haven't written much because
    its still been a bit up in the air as to how her recovery is going.
    Hi God ~

Jest a lil re-mynder - that Miz Tori still needs sum HELP wiffa rekovery.
    Her Hu-Mom thinks she's not eatin enuff yet ... any chance You kuld
    spice up her grub so it tastes more Yummie?

We're trustin You to keep an eye on her medikal kondishun so da Hoomins
    don't have ta be onna worrie alert allua tyme.

We'll all keep sendin PT Prayers fur Tori ... be much abliged iffin You'd
    keep helpin her to Feel Better, Soon!

THANKS, God
    /s/ the Prayer Pups

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes View Post

I haven't written much because its still been a bit up in the air
    as to how her recovery is going.

All the Pet Talk Prayers in the world just weren't enough ...

I guess sometimes God has a Plan that we just don't understand.

THANKS, God, for allowing Tori to spend her final Earthly Days with
    Pat, JoJoe, and Dear Jack ... no better place than on the Island.

Wrap her in Your Loving arms and carry her North, over The Bridge;
    and fit her with her Silver Harness ... that she can take her place in
    Your Sled Team ~
    beside Sherman and Star ...

Run With the Wind, Beautiful FurKids ...
    We'll bask in your Silver Glow.

Prayers for my Grandma Hollandsworth.

While shopping with my parents yesterday, she had a mini stroke. They were able to get her to the hospital in time before any major damage was done.

Doctors want to run some more tests (something about her heart ) and keep her there for a few days.

I'm very close to my grandma (my sisters and I are the only grandkids) and she hasn't been taking very good care of herself since grandpa died in 2002.

But I have to hand it to her, she's still as sharp as a tack, lives on her own and she'll be 90 on Dec. 26th!

Thanks!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I thinks this is my first personal request here...

hubby made an awful choice of bussiness with a "family" member of his... now we´re up to our neck in debt... this person is more than likely never gonna pay...

he sold both cars we had to get a better one.. but this better one has no papers and it´s still owed!!.. add to that that we might need to sell our house so the banks step back a bit..

at first the idea sounded good.. hubby lent his credit to get a car for him (or so I knew) and he would pay back in a month with whatever bussiness he had and hubby´s credit score would be awesome so we could get a bigger house.. well.. not... he started making monthly payments and hubby said "as long as it gets paid it´s ok".. then he stopped paying at all.. and now i know it was not one car but FIVE!!.. and guess you owes them... yup the hubs..

so I ask for prayers so this can get sorted out.. that we can pay the debt and still be able to have a home and car of our own... and of course that the mf relative pays us one way or the other..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth View Post
    Prayers for my Grandma Hollandsworth.

While shopping with my parents yesterday, she had a mini stroke. They were able to get her to the hospital in time before any major damage was done.

Doctors want to run some more tests (something about her heart ) and keep her there for a few days.

I'm very close to my grandma (my sisters and I are the only grandkids) and she hasn't been taking very good care of herself since grandpa died in 2002.

But I have to hand it to her, she's still as sharp as a tack, lives on her own and she'll be 90 on Dec. 26th!

Thanks!
    She's a strong woman, that's for sure, to still be living alone at 90. Prayers going up.... Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Dear ones, would you say a prayer for my family's friend George, who was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor around Labor Day. He has had surgery followed by radiation and chemotherapy. A repeat MRI of his brain shows that the radiation and chemotherapy have basically done nothing and the tumor has begun to re-grow. He starts a second round of chemotherapy on Monday, Dec. 14 with a second-line drug, Avastin (every two weeks).

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to everyone in need.

I have two prayer requests. As many of you know my Sunny has been diagnosed with cancer. It's oral squamous cell carcinoma and it's a very aggressive form of cancer. Please send some prayers and positive thoughts his way. I hope to have a lot more good quality time left with him.

The second request is for my SIL's nephew. He's only 7 years old and he's been diagnosed with cancer. He was playing soccer and got hit in the chest really hard. Then he was complaining of being in pain. They took him to the doctor and he had internal bleeding which they were able to stop. They then took x-rays or an ultrasound and this is when they found several tumors on his liver. My mom told me this bad news today. She said that one form of this kind of cancer usually responds well to treatment but the other form doesn't. Hopefully he has the kind that will respond well to treatment. Thanks in advance.

My aunt...about 74, next oldest to my mom...

She smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish all her life. A few years ago - 7 maybe? - they found she had lung cancer. They removed a lower lobe from one lung; she stopped smoking totally after that. A year or two later - the lobe from the other lung. In both cases, they got it all.

A couple of months ago, x-rays showed a shadow. After all the scans and tests, she went into surgery again to have an upper lobe removed.

The cancer has moved into her lymph nodes; it's inoperable. The surgeons just closed her up again.

My mom once said that my aunt "was born angry". She had a hilarious and outspoken sense of humour.

They are going to maybe try chemo.

I am asking for prayers for my mom, her sister. Also - for my aunt - yet I feel she deserves peace after being at war with her world for so long.

Thanks.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My aunt, the one with cancer...I phoned her yesterday and she was sort of ok until I told her my mom had kept me informed. She started crying and said "I'll be fine," and that she would just go home and get ready for the chemo (it'll only give her a few extra weeks - and she does NOT have a good time with chemo). I told her she was a brave woman, and told her I loved her. "I love you too, sweetie," she said.

She was a radiology technician when younger. She is an amazing knitter - knits baby kits for the local hospital, and made beautiful sweater's for her nephew's two little boys. She does have a heart. Her dad was alcoholic and beat up mom...I guess each child responds a different way. I feel sorry for her - she did do the best she could, and she and my uncle raised two great boys.

If anyone can spare prayers - my wish for her is that she finds some serenity and peace within herself. A remission from cancer would be the ultimate miracle, but it doesn't seem likely.

Prayers for one wee moment of pure joy and peace.

Thanks.

Trivial prayer...but asking anyway.

Tomorrow I am going to a client's place to install a 2GB RAM kit. I bought this before Christmas - it was $62.+ including tax.

I can't find the d*** thing anywhere...not in my car, office...checked all coat pockets...I have NO idea where else to look!

I remember putting them in my carry bag after I bought them, and one of the staff was hauling an old computer tower out to my car.

I can only hope that when I go to the store to buy it AGAIN, that somehow I will have dropped it there.

This just sucks...and it's not a type I will use frequently at all. OH WELL.

Hello all, I check in here every so often to see how everyone is doing and for folks with prayer requests, and I have one to add to this chain. Recently my dad went in for surgery for what they thought was a hernia. They also found a mass which they removed, so that was unexpected. They didn't seem too concerned about it, but sent of a sample for a biopsy anyway. Turns out it was cancer. I have been so upset about this news and feel really helpless...like there's nothing I can do. I love my dad very much and am not ready to lose him. He's supposed to go in for some further tests to see if it has spread anywhere else, so I'm asking for prayers that they got it all during surgery and that everything will be ok and that it hasn't spread. Thank you all for caring!

wolflady - I pray that the doctors did remove all the cancer. Even if they didn't I pray that was the bulk of it and any remaining can be treated quickly and successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by wolflady View Post
    Hello all, I check in here every so often to see how everyone is doing and for folks with prayer requests, and I have one to add to this chain. Recently my dad went in for surgery for what they thought was a hernia. They also found a mass which they removed, so that was unexpected. They didn't seem too concerned about it, but sent of a sample for a biopsy anyway. Turns out it was cancer. I have been so upset about this news and feel really helpless...like there's nothing I can do. I love my dad very much and am not ready to lose him. He's supposed to go in for some further tests to see if it has spread anywhere else, so I'm asking for prayers that they got it all during surgery and that everything will be ok and that it hasn't spread. Thank you all for caring!
    Karen, I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. You and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Prayers and positive thoughts are going out to everyone else who needs them.

Karen, prayers going up for your dad and you right now......Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11