Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

I don't come here very often, in fact I have not read this thread in weeks.
    Richard...we need to talk!!! Call me, OK????

My prayers go out to all PTers every night.

I'm not really asking for prayers here but things happen in 3's for me. Right now I know of 3 people who have recently been diagnosed with cancer. One person was diagnosed last week it may be terminal, the second person was diagnosed with ovarian cancer a couple of weeks ago and is waiting to undergo chemo, and the third person was diagnosed last Friday and it is terminal. Dear God, I hate this cancer.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    I don't come here very often, in fact I have not read this thread in weeks.
    Richard...we need to talk!!! Call me, OK????

My prayers go out to all PTers every night.

I'm not really asking for prayers here but things happen in 3's for me. Right now I know of 3 people who have recently been diagnosed with cancer. One person was diagnosed last week it may be terminal, the second person was diagnosed with ovarian cancer a couple of weeks ago and is waiting to undergo chemo, and the third person was diagnosed last Friday and it is terminal. Dear God, I hate this cancer.
    A special candle for all of your friends who are ill, Slick, and for you, too.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Prayers to all them need them.

Prayers to all that need and want them...prayers for healing.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Dear ones, would you please say two prayers for people I know...

One. My niece has a friend at school whose older brother was killed in a motor vehicle accident back in June. This friend's family goes to the same church as me, my parents, and my sister's family. My sister saw the friend's parents at a recent school event and they are still having a very difficult time with their loss.

Two. My friend Mary, who's a couple of years younger than me and has three children, has been on chemotherapy for recurrence of a brain tumor for over a year. The tumor has stopped responding to the chemotherapy and she will be starting on a new medication probably next week. Please pray that the new medication will work.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers uplifted to everyone in need. God Bless you all!

I could use some positive thoughts. My job is driving me nuts...and I feel like a wuss for even letting it bother me but at the same time I know I could be doing a lot better. I work two 12 hr days and two 8 hr days. The 12s start at 6 am and the 8s start at 2pm. I can't sleep during my working days and on my days off thats all I can seem to do. I feel tired all the time even when I sleep a good 8 hrs. I caught some virus about two weeks ago and its caused me to miss shifts and even though I rest and take care of myself I still feel worn out and ill. I feel like if I bring up my concerns with the higher ups my complaints will fall on deaf ears because they feel like I should just be happy I'm getting hours at all. Never mind that its turning me into a spazz...*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    prayers... My niece... My friend Mary,
    Thank you,
    Elyse
    You got em, Elyse! Will say prayers for everyone else, too

My thoughts and prayers are going out to everyone mentioned.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I have a new one tonight. Update first, I have not heard yet how my friend Mary did on the first dose of the new drug. I will update again when I know more.

The new one is this. I have lighted some candles in the past for one of the pastors at my church, Dr. Bob. He had a cancer of the thymus gland (part of the immune system) and responded well to chemotherapy and radiation. He was diagnosed with another type of cancer (atypical carcinoid) a little over 3 years ago and has been on chemotherapy ever since. Today he announced that he is going on long-term disability. He asked for prayers for healing and for patience. I am sure it won't be easy for him to be away from his pastoral work. He is a dear heart.

Thank you again,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    ... I have lighted some candles in the past for one of the pastors at my church, Dr. Bob... He asked for prayers for healing and for patience. I am sure it won't be easy for him to be away from his pastoral work. He is a dear heart....
    I'll keep him in my prayers,Elyse. When my Mom had cancer, her heart was damaged by the chemo and she became housebound. But next to her chair was a lamp, a telephone and a little stack of prayer cards. She told me that although there wasn't much she could do, she could pray for people. I was very touched by her undaunting spirit of service. God bless her, she set an example for me till her dying day. God will help your Pastor continue his (or should I say, His ) work too, no matter what.

I'd like to ask, if I may, for prayers on behalf of my brother. He's become quite infirmed and I just pray he can be helped.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    I'd like to ask, if I may, for prayers on behalf of my brother. He's become quite infirmed and I just pray he can be helped.
    i'm so sorry to hear about your brother,i hope he gets stronger.prayers on the way.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Good thoughts to all who need them

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Surgery for Bobcat

Please send your positive vibes and healing thoughts to Bobcat today. He is going in at 11:45 (Alaska time) for major back surgery. It's expected to last 6+ hours. He'll be in the hospital 4-6 days then on house arrest for 6 weeks. The worst part is that he won't be able to bend or pick up kitties.

Thank you!

Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I have lighted candles for Bobcat and for you! The time will fly and soon he will be scooping kitties up once more.

I pray that all goes well.