Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    A very dear friend of mine that I've known for 24+ years let me know today that she miscarried... at 22 weeks. Please say a prayer for my friend, her husband and their precious baby girl who never got to know her wonderful parents.

I am truly heartbroken for my friends.
    Thats really hard, she had lots of tie to bond with the little baby growing inside of her I am saying a prayer for your friend.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Marilyn called. The CT scan today showed a fist sized mass in Roger's small intestine. He's scheduled for a colonoscopy tomorrow to do a biopsy on it and then surgery on Wednesday to remove it. They are planning to remove at least 3 inches of intestine.

Everyone is hoping for another flare up of diverticulitis.

On the bright side, they have been able to reduce the pain he's been in.

Thanks for the prayers and prayers for those that need it.
    Last edited by ramanth; 07-20-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth View Post
    Marilyn called. The CT scan today showed a fist sized mass in Roger's small intestine. He's scheduled for a colonoscopy tomorrow to do a biopsy on it and then surgery on Wednesday to remove it. They are planning to remove at least 3 inches of intestine.
    Will keep Andy's dad & the rest of the family in my prayers on Wed., Kim.

The CT scan today showed a fist sized mass ...
    He's scheduled for a colonoscopy tomorrow ...
    and then surgery on Wednesday to remove it.

They are planning to remove at least 3 inches of intestine.
    Ouwie!

Here's hoping they only make a SMALL hole;
    and they make a good 'splice' when they hook the ends back up!

Best Wishes for a Speedy recovery!

Prayers that all goes better than expected with the surgery, and he'll be left with more of his insides intact than they think!

{{{hugs}}}

Crystal, your friends - there are hardly words for the devastation and heartbreak they must be feeling. I hope your friend is at least healthy physically. Prayers going to them.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Roger has Lymphoma cancer. They won't know which type till the biopsy results come back.

He'll be in the hospital for another 5-7 days. We plan to go visit him on Saturday.

Roger has Lymphoma cancer. They won't know which type till the biopsy results come back.

He'll be in the hospital for another 5-7 days. We plan to go visit him on Saturday.
    He'll be in our prayers. Some lymphomas are "better" to have than others, we'll hope it's a "Least bad" kind.

Would Kia be allowed to visit and do dog therapy?
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers that Roger's lymphoma is very treatable and that he has a quick and good recovery.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers are being offered for Roger. I hope his type of cancer is very treatable.

For those who have lost pets in the past and recently

I had to put my cat down in April and I have lost many pets through out the years. Most of them due to old age - 12 + years.....anyway here is a poem which is my moms favourite for all pets who have passed...I know it is not a prayer but it definately is meaningful....

Send this Web Page to a friend! (click here)
    Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

The couple that I cat sit for (I've known them for about 15 years) lost a son today in a fatal car crash. He was driving in his car early this morning and lost control going around a curve. He went head on into a big ditch and somehow the car came up and hit a tree and that's when he went flying out the back window. Ken leaves behind a wife and two young sons. We are all devastated.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    The couple that I cat sit for (I've known them for about 15 years) lost a son today in a fatal car crash. He was driving in his car early this morning and lost control going around a curve. He went head on into a big ditch and somehow the car came up and hit a tree and that's when he went flying out the back window. Ken leaves behind a wife and two young sons. We are all devastated.
    How absolutely awful! My nephew-in-law died in the same way. Our only consolation was that we were told he probably died instantly. I do hope that was the case w/this young man. I'm so sorry.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

How tragic Slick. Many prayers and condolences for you and the family.

Link to the Candles

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...eng&gi=pet%20t

Pet Talk has its own group on gratefulness.org where you can light a virtual candle and leave a message. There is a thread about it in cat general and a cross-post to dog general, but this thread is easier to find so I thought I would put a link to the candles here as well.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Ken had type 1 diabetes for over 20 years and from what they can gather, he blacked out behind the wheel. He just got off working graveyard shift and was about 4 km from home when it happened. This is #2. #1 was a kind man who was the son-in-law of a lovely lady on the 11th floor of my building. He hung himself on July 10th. Again, he leaves behind a wife and two young daughters.

As my grandmother used to say, everything comes in 3's.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.