Page 14 of 216 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

prayers for my friend Kevin PLEASE

I got a VM from one of my best friends and her 28 year old brother was in the hospital having brain surgery b/c they thought a blood vessel had burst or a tumor had burst. She called me back later and left a message that it indeed was a tumor that leaked and they got 90% of it and he shouldn't have any paralysis or anything but will need therapy/rehab. Then I got a call from my dad saying that the minister had been down there with the family and they requested that he call my parents with an update. (their dad lives right beside my parents and knows how close we are) and he was sitting up talking - other then being in shock I had handled it alright up until hearing my dad say that and then I got a bit weepy. so send up a prayer and healing thought for Kevin would you please? My friend and her husband just lost her husband's dad about a year ago unexpectadly he was only in his 50's so this probably hits really close for them.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by CagneyDog
    Oh gosh, what a sad situation. You and Charlie will be in my prayers
    {{hugs}}
    Thank you and anyone else who prayed for Charlie. He is alive and doing well! I talked to Jodi yesterday and she said he looks as if he was never sick

I am not religious so do not pray, but I am keeping everyone in my thoughts.

Long story short, some good friends of ours that live in California were in Decatur, IN today to pick up their motorhome after having extensive work done on it. He wasn't feeling well so they took him to the hospital in Decatur (is there really a hospital in Decatur?). Turns out they are transferring him to the hospital in Fort Wayne, IN right now, as we speak....to have a pace maker put in!!!!!

So here's his poor wife, thousands of miles from home, with two dogs on her hands, and a husband in the hospital!

The good news is they have plenty of friends in the immediate vicinity who can help out, and their motorhome will be safely parked in Decatur, and if it turns out they have to fly home, there are plenty of good friends who would volunteer to get their motorhome and car back to California for them.

These two are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body, and like her husband likes to say, she has never met a stranger. He is a great guy also and is a retired LA County fireman. He just turned 70 earlier this year, but he looks and acts much much younger than that. He stays fit and we see them out for walks all the time, so I just can't believe this is happening to him.

So, if you could all spare some good thoughts and prayers that the surgery goes well and he's back on his feet soon, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh my I am praying with every bone in my body.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Debbie, I will pray for your friend that all goes well. What a horrible shock for both of them.

I came to this thread this morning because I just knew that in reading other's problems, it would make my own pale in comparison.

I have a dear friend who is going through some very rough times right now and needs our prayers. So, if you can spare any, it would be deeply appreciated.

Prayers for both Dr Goodnows and Alex, that this time justice AND common sense prevail!

Thank you.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=109733
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I will keep both Dr.Goodnows and Alexander, in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. The power of prayer be with you!!!!

Please pray for us!

yes- my dad died and we are going through some hard times. We are on the bumpy road and need to get back on the smooth road. Please pray for us! Thank you!

I am crying REAL tears .

Having a hard time typing this to you,(I thought it was the cheeseburger thing)

I wish I could hug you horselover!!!!

My heart just sank after reading that post. I can't say that I knew your Father, but, I can say that you need my prayers.

God Bless You and Yours Horselover during this time of silent sorrow!!!

I know your Father was (is) a Wonderful Person.

Dear Lord,

Please comfort this family during their heavy loss and Bless them with wonderful Memories that will aid them during their toment. Amen.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Horse_lover.
    you will be in my thoughts

UPDATE
    My friends brother is home and doing well. Has been having people stay with him, he should be able to drive in about 4 weeks. He was delayed getting out of the hospital b/c of infection that set it.
    My mom had told me they found that the tumor was malignant but I got an email from his mom and she said that they hadn't gotten the pathology report back so Not sure what is going on there.

OTHER
    My sister's mother in law is having surgery later this week b/c she recently found a lump in her breast that has turned out to be cancerous. Please pray that they get all of it and her lymph nodes are not affected.
    She has a ton of cats and lives in a crappy neighborhood so fingers crossed that she won't be robbed blind while she is at her daughter's house recuperating.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I am praying for everbody who are in rough situations or have had a terrible loss. To everyone

From horse_lover
    Last edited by horse_lover; 07-31-2006 at 01:01 AM.
    If My Horse Doesn't Like You... I Probably Won't Either

I know this isn't as important as everyone elses but...my friend and I (and our dogs) are hiking up a large mountain this thursday and spending the night up there alone. A short prayer that we'll make it up there and down safely would be appreciated, thanks.

I have hiked this mountain before and it was fine it's mostly the spending the night in a tent up there I'm worried about, well mostly my mom is super super worried and therefore making me worried.

Oh, Good GRIEF! <picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q

A short prayer that we'll make it up there and down safely would be appreciated, thanks.

... it's mostly the spending the night in a tent up there I'm worried about ...

Hey God ~

Was this YOUR Idea??

Have You got a pair of Hikin Boots, God?
    Maybe you could just take da Silver Klouwd Express an fly sum
    recon sorties ober the Mountain ta keep an eye on em?

An please be sure Nebo sticks real CLOSE to his Mom onna hike!

Pleas keep em Safe, God! Thanks!

/s/ the Pryer Pups
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Our prayers Oh Creator of all is that peace will reign and prosperity prevail in all of these people lives. You brought us these Angels here on earth at what has been our darkest hour, darker even than burying our child so long ago. Please hear our prayer that these who have given so selflessly and put aside so much for a tiny wounded one to be cared for by You, have teir prayers answered tenfold. Truly in this area I walk amongst Angels. Thank you for hearing our prayer and I know it will be granted in Your wisdom.

Checka

Hello, I am a 14 year old girl. I know this may not seem like much, but IT MEANS SOO MUCH TO ME, PLEASE PRAY…

A few months ago a mother cat came to my house and brought her kittens. I knew we couldn't keep the kittens, and I was fine with that.
    But there was this one kitten (I called her Chicka) that noone wanted for weeks. She was white with black spots, and very fluffy. I loved her soo much, and I was sure we would keep her.

I miss Chicka sooo much!! I cry almost every day! I'm probably making too big a deal about it, but I can't help it! So could you please please please pray that God will giver her back to me? I know it will take a miricle, but If more people pray with me, I know theres a chance. So please pray.

THANKS SO MUCH! I promise to pray for you! GOD BLESS
    I Love...

Brother cat

Libby Golden Retriever

Cocoa Guinea Pig

Taffy Guniea Pig

Ivan Budgie