Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Hi,

I think I am going to be selfish and ask for some PT prayers for myself, this time.

As some of you know, I am trying to get the court to make me the admin for
    my mom's estate.

We are going to court on the 30th - and again on the 26 of May.

Yesterday I was sent a court filing that made me so mad that I could not see straight. Without going into details, my two brothers and sister wrote out staements that were, in retrospect, pretty funny. I was accused of beating up my brother and telling him to move out and not contributing to the householdl, lying and not contruting to keeping the house going..

The person that claims to be my older sister - my mom made us co-executors- told everyone, "she didn't want to be involved in anything' yet, she wants the whole estate to be sold and she wants her chunk of money!

I just need your prayers and good vibes to help me get thru this.

I am really sad and devastated because of some info I got about members of my family-I have one brother who is a monumental eff up, I got the story about his problems in the last few days, my older sister, who now wants her money-lost 40.000 dollars by playing investor and my other brother who has gotten into a fraud situation with the city and much more.

Hey, your family are saints compared to mine.

Thanks for the kinds thoughts and please pray that the truth will work for me.
    I can't ask god for help because I don't always listen to him, so I have to settle for the next best thing!

PET TALK!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

I am trying to get the court to make me the administrator for my mom's estate.

We are going to court on the 30th - and again on the 26 of May.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and please pray that the truth will work for me.

I can't ask god for help because I don't always listen to him ...
    Don't be stubborn! - God always listens to Help requests. - Just Ask!

Round up some Friends and Neighbors who KNOW all that you did for Mom -
    ask them to testify in court about how you were the Good Son.

You need to find a GOOD estate lawyer ... ask your friends and any other lawyers
    that you've dealt with for a recommendation.

When you get to court; check the back row ...
    MOM just might be there to keep her *eye* on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    Don't be stubborn! - God always listens to Help requests. - Just Ask!

Round up some Friends and Neighbors who KNOW all that you did for Mom -
    ask them to testify in court about how you were the Good Son.

You need to find a GOOD estate lawyer ... ask your friends and any other lawyers
    that you've dealt with for a recommendation.

We have a great lawyer. MY sis was in court for her divorce and a man comes over to talk with her and my mom...."You look sad!", he says. They chat and when they go into court, sis and mom find out that he is her HUSBAND'S rep!

The divorce went well (as well as a divorce could be!) and she grabs a card from him and he recommended a probate lawyer he has in the office. This guy is golden and has earned every penny, so far.

It may go to third partyarbitration, someone who will settle things, they are appointed by the city/state and that would be better than having the "dark side" run the business!

I have asked my god for help, but sometimes I feel he has his hands full with people that don't have the means or ability to get help.

And, I wasn't the 'good son' I have to credit the two youngest sibs also, seems like they have more common sense than us old folks!

Thanks for listening!

Sorry to hear you are having to go through this Richard. Of coarse, prays are on their way.. My take on it would be to sell out, divide up the money, take my share and get as far away from those people as you can get. They are showing their true colors..GREED! Just make sure you leave a will leaving everything you have to charity or somebody who deserves it!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Prayers for Mike & his family

Tomorrow, well today since it is midnight - Please include my boyfriend, Mike (and his family) in your prayers due to that today is 3 years since his dad passed away from cancer unexpectedly and too fast. I will be attending the mass with him & his uncle's get-together to honor the life of Mr. Barrett.

Thanks..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Nomilynn View Post
    I am afraid I am slipping into a severe depression. This is the first time I have actually admitted it. I am feeling totally desperate about the fact that I have not found a job and can't pay my bills. My unemployment runs out end of May and I am so scared, and I'm barely surviving on that. I can barely by food, and I can't afford my medication. Sometimes, I have to decide what I need - food, or medication. I am so scared... I don't know what to do. I have very little motivation and I basically feel housebound because I can't afford to do anything - not even drive because I'm scared to run out of gas in my car. Tilly and Nutmeg are still ok, as I always make sure I get food for them to eat. I just want to find a job and I am noticing that even the jobs that I could apply for are dwindling. I am not sleeping, I'm not eating properly.. I feel like my life is in shambles.

Saying extra prayers for you, and sending some ((Hugs)) your way. You've been on my mind a lot lately. I hope that things are improving for you.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    For those who've been following my daily migraines - which have been happening for months now - I go tomorrow to see the endocrinologist for test results. Every doc I have (working with 4 now) feels sure it's hyperparathyroidism, and getting it under control will get the headaches under control. I hope for SOME news tomorrow.

Please, if anyone has a prayer to spare... I'm desperate.
    Instead of working with 4 docs, I am now working with 6... *sigh*

I do indeed have hypercalcemia caused by hyperparathyroidism. Part of the "symptoms" are kidney stones. A year ago I had 3 teeeny tiny (under 3mm) stones in my left kidney. As of today, I have at least half a dozen in each kidney... some are over 1cm in size (One is 1.2 cm). I've been home all week with a terrible migraine that my meds aren't touching and with my kidneys killing me. I went to the ER today for CT scans. My job is getting really frustrated as I've gone over the allotted days I was permitted with my FMLA coverage... and still have nearly a month until my surgery. It's a bad situation all the way around. Each day another "symptom" rears its ugly head. Could ya'll keep up the prayers?

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I am sending heartfelt prayers out to all of you who have requested them or need them. Bless all of you and your's.

I would like to request prayers for my Son. He was hospitalized last night. The hospital is running all kinds of tests trying to find out what it is. He's such a good guy. I can't stand to see him suffer.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Kia ~ Kimmy & Andy Miller's FurPup Injured & Hospitalized on 4/25/09 ~ Prayers Needed

Here's the Quickie Version below;
    for the details (as of 8:00 pm Saturday, April 25, 2009 ---

Look at the Kia Thread in "Dog General" at >>>

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2144879

Kia (on the LEFT in this Kia + Chipper snappie) >>>

Kia had a boo-boo this evening and
    has been rushed to the Emergency Dept
    at Michigan State University
    College Of Veterinary Medicine in East
    Lansing, Michigan.

She is OK / Stable ... but pretty 'sore'!

See the Kia Thread in Dog General for the latest UpDates
    and to offer Pet Talk Prayers for Kia, Kimmy, and Andy.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2144879

Kia Uppie-Date: She's (almmost) *Fixed* and soon headed HOME!!

OH HAPPIE DAZE!!

Somebody musta *Prayed* really FAST!!

Kia is (almost) *FIXED* - or as *fixed* as she can be tonight ...

X-Rays showed a Hairline Crack / break in her Upper Jaw - just behind the big K9 tooth.

There was a Surgeon called in for another patient, and he studied Kia's x-rays ---
    said there was NOTHINNG that could be done surgically that wouldn't just make
    things worse. So she's to be on SOFT Foods for three weeks or so and
    *NO* Ruff~Housing allowed.

She'll have antibiotics and pain pills to slow her down a bit;
    then some TIME will let the jaw heal itself.

They will pull the just installed catheter and start to *wake her up* from
    being anesthetized for the x-rays.
    She's headed for HOME as soon as she can *walk* out of the ER Department on her own.

THANKS, God!!

Prayers for Kia on the way!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post

OH HAPPIE DAZE!!

Somebody musta *Prayed* really FAST!!

Kia is (almost) *FIXED* - or as *fixed* as she can be tonight ...

X-Rays showed a Hairline Crack / break in her Upper Jaw - just behind the big K9 tooth.

There was a Surgeon called in for another patient, and he studied Kia's x-rays ---
    said there was NOTHINNG that could be done surgically that wouldn't just make
    things worse. So she's to be on SOFT Foods for three weeks or so and
    *NO* Ruff~Housing allowed.

She'll have antibiotics and pain pills to slow her down a bit;
    then some TIME will let the jaw heal itself.

They will pull the just installed catheter and start to *wake her up* from
    being anesthetized for the x-rays.
    She's headed for HOME as soon as she can *walk* out of the ER Department on her own.

THANKS, God!!

Oh happy days is right! I'm so happy that Kia is already on the mend. PT prayer power works!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear ones... Would you say a prayer for my brother Ray. He changed jobs 15 months ago after the family business finally fizzed out. There has been one round of layoffs, which he made it through but took a pay cut. He has a meeting on Wednesday and it sounds like this may be another round of layoffs.

Thanks,
    Elyse
    Update ... At his new job, he sold a big remodel to a client from our (now closed) family business. Was he ever happy!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers are being offered for all who have posted.

Richard, God always listens - He is right there for you - and He is never too busy. He knows your pain and problems.

My mom got a call at 2:30 am - her youngest sister, Cathy, has been in hospital with pneumonia for several days, and then took a bad turn. Cathy's son was called in Nova Scotia to get there ASAP to say his goodbyes. Meanwhile, Cathy got a huge dose of an antibiotic, and seems to be rallying - and is feisty as she argued about her son coming: "Why did you call him? He has to work!" etc

PLEASE prayers for Cathy that she will continue to rally and heal...THANK YOU!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda