Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

I usually do not ask for prayers because I'm not very religious. But the person I am asking for is.
    Bruce's mom slipped at church today and broke her hip. She is 71 years old, is a cancer survivor, has a pace-maker and is on blood thinners. (Wow, she sounds like she is in horrible health.) But she is actually a very physical/athletic person. She could out hike me anyday!!
    I am sure she will be fine, but now she will be laid up for the holidays. We have Xmas eve at her house.
    We are not sure if she needs surgery yet, she is still at the hospital. We are over an hour away so we are just waiting to hear how things are going.

If you could spare a moment to think of her and hope that she will have a quick recovery, the family would appreciate it.

And I hold everyone requiring it in my thoughts as well.

ETA: Crystal, Candace has a good point. When I went to the doctor for headaches she gave me samples of Imitrex. Its worth a shot to try. I am sorry you are going through this.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I usually do not ask for prayers because I'm not very religious. But the person I am asking for is.
    Bruce's mom slipped at church today and broke her hip. She is 71 years old, is a cancer survivor, has a pace-maker and is on blood thinners. (Wow, she sounds like she is in horrible health.) But she is actually a very physical/athletic person. She could out hike me anyday!!
    I am sure she will be fine, but now she will be laid up for the holidays. We have Xmas eve at her house.
    We are not sure if she needs surgery yet, she is still at the hospital. We are over an hour away so we are just waiting to hear how things are going.

If you could spare a moment to think of her and hope that she will have a quick recovery, the family would appreciate it.

And I hold everyone requiring it in my thoughts as well.

ETA: Crystal, Candace has a good point. When I went to the doctor for headaches she gave me samples of Imitrex. Its worth a shot to try. I am sorry you are going through this.
    I'm not religious either but I'm spiritual as I suspect you are as well, so prayers are going up for Bruce's mom and a speedy healing and recovery.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I'm not religious either but I'm spiritual as I suspect you are as well, so prayers are going up for Bruce's mom and a speedy healing and recovery.
    Thank you Mary!
    Well, she is going to have hip replacement surgery. Either today or tomorrow.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    So sorry to hear of this. Prayers to Bruce's mom for an easy recovery!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

The story continues:

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiesmom
    I have a big one, but I've seen PT prayers work miracles. My father and my brother had a construction business that has just closed. They owe staggering amounts of money to their creditors, which they definitely do not have. The calls and letters have escalated. The business owns a building which, if it would sell, would provide the funds to settle many of the debts. The real estate market stinks to say the least. So, everyone, could you pray that someone would want to buy the building. ...

I have GOOD NEWS- a potential buyer came to look at the building yesterday and came back today - so we are hoping. Please pray that either this might be "the one" or the financial situation might ease up somehow. ...

Well, there's an offer. It's not the offer we wanted, but it's an offer. The bad news is all the fees and taxes that will be owed. Grrrrrr! ...

Update to the update. Because of zoning issues, the transaction needs to past first the Planning and Zoning Commission and then the full city council. It's in a residential neighborhood but the business was there before the zoning ordinance took effect. Please keep praying. ...

The P&Z commissioner came in and took a look around. There's nothing that isn't fixable. The buyer is still interested. Thank you for your prayers about that. ...
    Planning and Zoning Commission meets tomorrow evening -- please pray it will go through.

Also ... the agency job I've had since mid-April ended today. Please pray that I'll land the next position before too long.

Thanks,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you Mary!
    Well, she is going to have hip replacement surgery. Either today or tomorrow.
    Hope Bruce's mom will be ok and that she'll have a quick recovery!

I don't come here often enough. My goodness, there is so much sadness here. I'm so sorry for every person here that needs prayers and comfort. I am sending {{{{{HUGS}}}}} out to all of you.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Spent last night in the ER trying to get rid of a migraine. Imitrex didn't work, so they had to give me pain meds and anti-nausea meds. I came home and slept all day, literally. I woke up at 5:07 pm. These are disruptive to my life and my work. I can't wait to get into the endocrinologist to see if having the parathyroid gland tumor removed helps, or if they even think it's related.

Learned tonight that the hyperparathyroidism can cause irreversible kidney damage, too.

*sigh*

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    Most typical pain meds they'd give me will cause rebound migraines, which would just make the situation worse. Even something simple like ibuprofen can cause (and does in my case) rebound headaches.

My insurance will only cover 4 imitrex a month. I have that many migraines a week most of the time. I'm on a preventative, I have had MRI's and CT scans to make sure nothing else is going on, all we found is the calcium being high. I just have to wait until I can see the endocrinologist.

I just don't know if I can.
    i had to put in an appeal to my insurance company because they'd only allow a certain amount of pills for something.
    you can do the same with your imitrex.
    it usually works.
    imitrex i hear is a once daily pill...you need it once daily to work.
    not 4 pills a month.
    that sounds crazy.i'd appeal that one.
    Sending Prayers your way

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Hope Bruce's mom will be ok and that she'll have a quick recovery!
    Thank you Jennie, and others. We are still waiting to find out when she can have surgery. They are waiting for her Coumadin levels to drop, so her blood is thick enough for surgery. I just hope they can do the surgery SOON so she will be home for Christmas. She will have to spend 3 or 4 days at a rehabilitation center after surgery too. Fingers are crossed.

Crystal, I hope you can find a solution to your headaches soon.

Bruce's mom is FINALLY having surgery this morning. 10am PST. So in 1 hour and 40 minutes.
    I heard some scary things about hip replacement surgery. Things that I don't even want to repeat and I have NOT told Bruce. So please, if anyone reads this, keep his mother in your thoughts today.
    I also hope she will be home for Christmas Eve.

Thank you!

Bruce's mom is FINALLY having surgery this morning. 10am PST. So in 1 hour and 40 minutes.
    I heard some scary things about hip replacement surgery. Things that I don't even want to repeat and I have NOT told Bruce. So please, if anyone reads this, keep his mother in your thoughts today.
    I also hope she will be home for Christmas Eve.

Thank you!
    The mother of a friend of mine just had hip replacement surgery. She's 83 and doing great. She had been in a wheelchair and now she's walking w/out assistance and is going to her daughter's for Christmas Day dinner w/the family. Miracles happen. So keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I too have a long time friend who just had hip surgery. It has been a huge success and has changed her life. There are good stories and a few bad..............have faith - she will be just fine and good as new!!

Also, prayers for everyone here who needs them. May God answer all of our prayers!

Thank you Mary and Gini. That is what I really needed to hear right now. I can't help but be thinking the worst after what I had heard. This makes me feel so much better.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I can't help but be thinking the worst after what I had heard. This makes me feel so much better.
    How is Bruce's mom doing? If she has remained active at her age, then that is definitely a plus for her. The not so good results usually occur when people are in poor physical condition to start with, or they just give up.
    I fractured my hip last February. I did not have a hip replacement - just a huge rod put in the top portion of my femur. It was 4 days in the hospital, a week in the rehab center, and then home in a wheel chair. I had home therapy for about a month until I could get out on my own with a walker, then outpatient therapy for about 3 months, and now I'm pretty much back to normal. I don't even use my cane anymore! I'm a little shorter and walk with a small limp - but other than that and being extra achey in the cold weather - I'm back to normal (whatever that is!). It was a long haul and not easy by any means, but not nearly as bad as I had heard (even from my doctor). Hopefully she'll do as well as I did!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~