Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Prayers and more prayers that all continues to go well. How could he miss with all of the wonderful 24/7 nurses he has to watch over him?

Awwww....great news! As gini says, with those fur nurses it's clear sailing ahead for Bobcat!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Bruce Alan Thomas

I asked my friend Bruce today if there was anything I could do for him, and he said, "Pray for my soul."

A friend of many years, not often seen...a relationship hard to define, except perhaps a good and gentle friendship, more loving than either of us knew.

A few years back, I wasn't sure if he wanted to date me or just be good friends. I asked him that today - he figured a bit of both. With Bruce, friends and honest love were the same.

His son Kevin phoned me on Tuesday. Bruce had been diagnosed with terminal cancer a month earlier, after having abdominal pains for some time. Kevin asked his dad if there was anyone he wanted to be notified, and Bruce told him to let me know.

Bruce said he was sorry for not getting in touch in recent months, but that he hadn't felt well. He is surrounded by wonderful children and their children. The visit Tuesday was good; he was jaundiced, but in full possession of his mind and humour! He was looking forward to all the kids Trick or Treating Thursday night - children of the families who were patients in the cancer ward - and he enjoyed it immensely I am told.

Today I went to the hospice. He sleeps with his eyes open - that looked particularly weird, his breathing somewhere between a snore and a dying rasp. It was easy for me to talk to him, to tell Kevin about unanswered questions.

I had given Kevin a hug; his eyes were red-rimmed through the whole time I was there. I had been in his shoes. Told him he was a good son. And Bruce knew he had great kids...even his ex was in tears on Tuesday.

Then, shortly before I was psyching myself to leave - he was hard to awake, but I knew I wouldn't see him again, likely - he woke up. He had woken briefly before I arrived, and Kevin had told him I was on my way. He was hard to wake up - but when he did wake again, and his face lit up and he smiled when he saw me, I just lost it. I just sobbed as if my heart would break, and Bruce was so concerned that I was upset...gave myself a big nosebleed at the same time.

He was still all there in brain and personality. There wasn't much to leave unsaid, and we said it all. He was comfy, no pain at all...and was completely accepting of where he was at, having a very strong Christian faith. Every time I thought it was time for me to leave, grief heaved up in me again. "I can't leave til you go back to sleep," I told him, "but don't do it on my account." Bruce smiled.

Kevin's sister and brother-in-law arrived. In the way grieving families can, they had some laughs going on. It felt safer to leave. I told Bruce I was going, gave him a kiss on the forehead, then on the lips. He kissed back - a simple, warm love kiss...the only one we'd ever exchanged. I told him I loved him, and he said the same.

This sounds like it is all about me. I am sorry. I can't stop crying right now.

It is about the loss of a wonderful man named Bruce Thomas. If you would help me honour his request - pray for his soul.

Thank you.

You Got It!!prayers on the way.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Oh Catty1, your request touches my heart. It's only been about 2 months since we had to say goodbye to my wonderful sister in law, and I know well those moments are so hard to get through. Prayers for your loving friend Bruce, and for you also, dear. May God grant you both Peace, and give you strength to carry on.

Candace, it is about you. It's about me. It's about all of us. Because in the end, we're all one and it is occasions such as the one you wrote about that drives that point home. No matter what divides us in life, death is the great equalizer. My prayers are w/you and your friend Bruce and his family. May you all know peace.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

My thoughts and prayers for everybody that needs them.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Thoughts and prayers to everyone that needs it!

Prayers for Unka Pat <picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

(We thunk Sir Jury was Tumorrow --- but it's TUDAY!)

Hi God ~

Ask Tubby ta turn onna RED Lites an Hit da siren ... You're due in Sir Jury NOW!

We got Cali & Molly here atta Ranch now ... and they'd like ta ask the Pet Talkers fur
    sum Prayers fur their Dad - who we call Unka Pat - durrin his heart Cath.

He's been feelin kinda poorly - purdy UNcommom fur him - and had sum tests dun.
    White coat sed he needs a Heart Check ... and tuday is da day!
    He's just about gettin inna Cath Lab rite now ... gonna be a while till we
    hear if
    the're just gonna look, stick in sum *Stents* ... or do sumpin else.

We hadda lil Prayer Cirkel when ebberdawg got here; and knowin there's sum Pet Palk Prayers
    bein said will be a comfort to allua us.

Cali an Molly say THANKS!

/s/ the Prayer Pups + Cali & Molly

It feels so good to come in here just to wish everyone well and not need prayers myself.

Hugs to everyone and I'm thinking of you all.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

prayers on the way for Unka Pat!

and I'd like to ask for prayers for a dear friend of mine. Ellen, is going thru chemo for breast cancer and having a very hard time.
    Thank you.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

THANKS, God!

3:45 PM UppieDate >>>

Unka Pat's back from the Cath Lab ... Good & Bad news ...

GOOD News is he did OK and will probably be discharged tonight (Monday), after
    a consult with a heart Surgeon.

BAD News is that he needs to see the Surgeon.
    Cath showed "calcification" in the heart - he's a candidate for a Heart By-pass job.

It's not an urgent situation - but needs to be taken care of.
    THANKS for today's Prayers - but I think we'll need some more in the future.

-------------------------------------

BIG *Prayers* for Miz Ellen -
    that her chemo is successful and not too stressing.

ellen and uncle pat are in my prayers
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    3:45 PM UppieDate >>>

[B][I][SIZE=3]THANKS for today's Prayers - but I think we'll need some more in the future.
    Anytime, Phred, we're open for prayer requests 24-7.
    Adding everyone's requests to our list...

Prayers for Uncle Pat and for Ellen, for comfort and good health, and peace.