Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Thanks Medusa, I hope he has a recovery like you sister.

One thing I wanted to add, made me a bit happy/proud of myself. I was talking to my aunt who's down from Michigan for a while. She said she was talking to my grandmother and that my grandmother said I was the best help and the best out of all the grandkids while dealing with my grandpa, that I knew what to do and how to care for him properly. She told her she feels most relaxed and comfortable when I'm around to help.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Visited Papa/Grandpa today after work. While he's still in bad shape, he was a little bit awake today. He tried talking but I think his throat is very sore, we could barely make out what he was trying to say. He did try singing a song. That's something he's ALWAYS done. Even when he's been sick before, he's tried singing songs.

They had to give him more blood today, they had just started that when we got there.

He was responsive to our voices though, he knew who I was, my aunts, and my grandmother. It was really cute when he reached up for my grandmother's hand.

While he's got a long, long, long way to go - I hope they good day he had today continues to improve and we'll be on our way to getting our papa/grandpa/dad/Kenneth back.

(taken in November of 07)

-rx bandits

More prayers going out for your grandfather, Kay.

Saying prayers for your grandfather, Kay.

More thoughts for your grandfather

a little update on my friend..

Here is an MSN message from a good friend of mine that still works there
    ======
    Hey was talking to Cynthia yesterday cause she came back to work, & the dr told her she had some type of infection in her chest & sumthing trigered it,Cynthia actualy thought she was having a heart attack,she said to me yesterday...that it opened her eyes & she is just going to let everything go stress wise, reagrding her ex.
    ======

We are so happy shes better & that this was the eye opener she needed

Robin had her CT Scan done yesterday. They found a spot on her liver that wasn't there from previous scans that they did in South Carolina. I don't even have words right now.. I just hope everyone continues their prayers for Robin and I.

Kay, I'm glad to hear your grandfather is improving some. I hope he continues to improve, and I have been praying for him and your family..

Quote Originally Posted by molucass View Post
    Robin had her CT Scan done yesterday. They found a spot on her liver that wasn't there from previous scans that they did in South Carolina. I don't even have words right now.. I just hope everyone continues their prayers for Robin and I.
    No words are necessary; PT prayers will take over from here.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Just a bit of an update. It seems grandpa/papa has taken a turn for the worst. He has an extremely high fever and isn't responding to tube feeding.

I'm waiting to hear from my dad and then my sister and I will be heading the the hospital.

-rx bandits

Kay Ann, I am so sorry. This must be tearing you apart.

You have my prayers and all who have requested prayers will be included as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr View Post
    Just a bit of an update. It seems grandpa/papa has taken a turn for the worst. He has an extremely high fever and isn't responding to tube feeding.

I'm waiting to hear from my dad and then my sister and I will be heading the the hospital.
    I am so sorry, your papa will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I really should check this thread more. I'm so sorry about your Grandpa, Kay. I'll be keeping him and your family in my thoughts. {{HUGS}}

Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts for your Grandpa, Kay.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Prayers for your granpa, Kay.

I love the pic you posted...looks like he loves to laugh and enjoy life!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Update to the update, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiesmom
    I have a big one, but I've seen PT prayers work miracles. My father and my brother had a construction business that has just closed. They owe staggering amounts of money to their creditors, which they definitely do not have. The calls and letters have escalated. The business owns a building which, if it would sell, would provide the funds to settle many of the debts. The real estate market stinks to say the least. So, everyone, could you pray that someone would want to buy the building.

I have GOOD NEWS- a potential buyer came to look at the building yesterday and came back today - so we are hoping. Please pray that either this might be "the one" or the financial situation might ease up somehow.
    Well, there's an offer. It's not the offer we wanted, but it's an offer. The bad news is all the fees and taxes that will be owed. Grrrrrr!
    Update to the update. Because of zoning issues, the transaction needs to past first the Planning and Zoning Commission and then the full city council. It's in a residential neighborhood but the business was there before the zoning ordinance took effect. Please keep praying.
    The P&Z commissioner came in and took a look around. There's nothing that isn't fixable. The buyer is still interested. Thank you for your prayers about that.

On another note ... On Monday night I slipped on a wet wooden porch step and gave myself a right distal tibia fracture. (That round bump you have on the inside of your ankle, that's where it's broken.) So I have a short leg cast and crutches for a minimum of three weeks. Grrrrrrr! Just call me Cassie's gimpy mom. Crutches are *no fun*!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    The P&Z commissioner came in and took a look around. There's nothing that isn't fixable. The buyer is still interested. Thank you for your prayers about that.

On another note ... On Monday night I slipped on a wet wooden porch step and gave myself a right distal tibia fracture. (That round bump you have on the inside of your ankle, that's where it's broken.) So I have a short leg cast and crutches for a minimum of three weeks. Grrrrrrr! Just call me Cassie's gimpy mom. Crutches are *no fun*!
    So sorry to hear of all your troubles. Life sure can test us, sometimes. Keep your chin up and your eyes on the road

Mine is a request to make the pain go away.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06