Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

oh molucass!

What a shock for both of you...I hope the scan shows little or no growth, and that there is still something they can do to fight this illness.

Please give Robin gentle {{{hugs}}} from me. I pray for a miracle for her and you; this ain't over yet.

Maybe have an early Christmas - and if she survives, well, you'll just have to do it all over again.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'll be keeping Robin & family in my prayers. I can't imagine how awful that news was. Hopefully her CAT scan may show it's not spreading.

Ex Co-worker/Work-Friend

This is from what I know...

Yesterday she wasn't feeling right on her way to work. At work she got worse & someone brought her to the washroom to try to relax & look her over. The lady rushed out to get someone else. They got her puffer, but it didn't help, it made her worse. They rushed out & got the nearest super. The super called HR & they came down to see whats going on. They called the ambulance as she was showing signs of a heart attack.

Th ambulance took her to the ER & from what I know she was there for almost the whole day getting tests & waiting for results.

When I worked at Samsung-Canada poor Cindy was so stressed. Shes a single mom & can hardly care for her babies (shes burning out). She lives in a dump that is filled with Mice & I told her it sounded like she has mold in there too (all 3 suddenly came down with breathing issues months after moving in)... Shes too poor to move out & the father is a dead beat 40-50% of the time. So that stresses her out too.

Shes always worried that she'll get fired cause she misses so much work, casue her babies are ill & shes ill. They wont fire her, cause shes a good worker & they understand whats going on. But she doesn't get paid on those days, so it just makes things even harder

Cindy is 32 with 2 babies under the age of 6 & the youngest is 2 I believe.

Can some people please keep her in your thoughts. I'm really hoping she just had a sever Anxiety Attack as the symptoms can be very similar.

Huge prayers for Cindy...thank God the bosses understand.

Is there a legal department there that could get someone after the dad? If he put towards the kids' care, things would be a LOT better.

I hope she recovers - and has someone to fight for her and her kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Huge prayers for Cindy...thank God the bosses understand.

Is there a legal department there that could get someone after the dad? If he put towards the kids' care, things would be a LOT better.

I hope she recovers - and has someone to fight for her and her kids.
    From my understanding when I worked there, he is givng child support now (by force)... but years went by & its those years shes still trying to pay back owed $$... + he has the right to see them every 2ed weekend. I don't know how many times, she made plans to drop them off & then go out for once & hes not home. Or he'll call her & tell her no, & so on

So she doesn't get to get out much, which doesn't help her health at all. + the kids get upset as they were expecting to see daddy, so then they cry & are terrors as they are mad they can't see daddy... they are too young to understand

Sending thoughts for everyone.

A little news on my grandpa...
    They found a grapefruit size tumor in his colon not too long ago. He was finally stable enough that they doctors felt it was okay to do surgery. They started at 10:30 this morning and I called a few moments ago and they said they were just stitching up. They said he had a 50/50 chance of making it through and so far, he's made it.

I really appreciate everyone who's kept our family in your thoughts.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr View Post
    Sending thoughts for everyone.

A little news on my grandpa...
    They found a grapefruit size tumor in his colon not too long ago. He was finally stable enough that they doctors felt it was okay to do surgery. They started at 10:30 this morning and I called a few moments ago and they said they were just stitching up. They said he had a 50/50 chance of making it through and so far, he's made it.

I really appreciate everyone who's kept our family in your thoughts.
    Wow, keeping my fingers crossed for him!

Kay, big prayers for your granpa. He'll probably be pretty groggy for the first few hours, but once he starts to heal I bet he'll feel better with a tumour that large being GONE. wow

Hugs and good thoughts your way.

molucass, thinking of you.

king...I hope Cindy has a legal person to report the visiting idiocy to; any chance of people at work doing a bit of a fundraiser and/or taking her kids for a weekend so she gets a break? Does she have her own family nearby?

Prayers for all that need them.

Kay, big prayers for your granpa. He'll probably be pretty groggy for the first few hours, but once he starts to heal I bet he'll feel better with a tumour that large being GONE. wow

Hugs and good thoughts your way.

molucass, thinking of you.

king...I hope Cindy has a legal person to report the visiting idiocy to; any chance of people at work doing a bit of a fundraiser and/or taking her kids for a weekend so she gets a break? Does she have her own family nearby?

Prayers for all that need them.
    Not sure, I'll bring it up

Prayers for my best friend Irene, please...that she gains the will to quit smoking.

She's gone a day or two on her own without cigs, but is back at it in no time. She wishes there were treatment centres for smokers like there are for other addicts - but there aren't.

It's where she KNOWS she should...she knows she is hooked but can't admit it deep inside (you know, the hitting bottom part). But she said all that to me...she knows she HAS to but doesn't WANT to, you know?

She has peripheral artery disease(runs in family); has had two heart attacks, one abdominal arterial bypass with another coming up in the next month or so; and Type 2 diabetes.

She is 43 years old.

Addictions can go very deep.

Please pray that she gets the WILL to stop.

Prayers for my best friend Irene, please...that she gains the will to quit smoking.

She's gone a day or two on her own without cigs, but is back at it in no time. She wishes there were treatment centres for smokers like there are for other addicts - but there aren't.

It's where she KNOWS she should...she knows she is hooked but can't admit it deep inside (you know, the hitting bottom part). But she said all that to me...she knows she HAS to but doesn't WANT to, you know?

She has peripheral artery disease(runs in family); has had two heart attacks, one abdominal arterial bypass with another coming up in the next month or so; and Type 2 diabetes.

She is 43 years old.

Addictions can go very deep.

Please pray that she gets the WILL to stop.
    Sending good thoughts for your friend. They should have special centers for people wanting to quit. it would be a good support team My friend had a good support team (her boyfriend & all us at work.. well where I use to work).. We cheered her on daily, & kept asking her how she was doing & kept her mind busy. shes been smoke free for a whole year now & is so proud of herself So there really needs to be AA type support groups for smokers.

Update on my friend:
    She has a larger then normal heart. The dr.'s think thats why her attack was so violent (they are sure it was an anxiety attack). But to me it sounds like a typical Anxiety attack. It was just her first, so it was by far more scary. But because she has a larger heart and over stressed, she is on medication. I really hope the meds help her. She is a sweet person.. Stubborn as a mule if not more, but she is a good person

Prayers going out for everyones family and friends that are ill right now, or have other things going on.

When it rains it pours, as the saying goes.. Robin just found out today that her 94 year old grandmother passed away yesterday at 1 p.m.
    http://www.legacy.com/knoxnews/Obitu...onId=117970852

At this time, we are unable to go to Tennessee for the funeral.. Her mom passed away September 22nd, 2006. Now she has lost her grandmother as well.
    Her brother is mentally challenged, and he has no one left. The people that are "caring" for him and were caring for her grandmother have turned him against Robin & their uncle.. He won't even speak to Robin when she calls.. And that is tearing her apart.
    There is many more details that I could go into regarding the whole situation, but I don't want to get into it.

Please send prayers for Robin and for her brother Alan so he can get through this. Even though he probably doesn't fully understand, I know he must be grieving for losing the people he loved in such a short amount of time.

Huge prayers for Robin and Alan...and hopefully the uncle will have some legal recourse later on, or someone in the family can get new workers for Alan.

Grandpa 9/28/2008

So far, he's still stable. I went and visted in the hospital - he's in CCU - and I really wish I didn't. He's not "there" at all. He's got all sorts of thing hooked up, a feeding tube, breathing tube, etc. He was knocked out the whole time and didn't respond much other than groaning. He's incredibly swollen all over. He looks like a huge man and reality he's a very scrawny, skinny man from not eating the past few months.

It really just wasn't a good state to see him in and I wish I hadn't. He looked horrible.

They're going to try and get him to come around more tomorrow, hopefully get him up and moving sometime this week. Honestly, with the way he looks, it really doesn't look like they'll be doing much with him.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr View Post
    So far, he's still stable. I went and visted in the hospital - he's in CCU - and I really wish I didn't. He's not "there" at all. He's got all sorts of thing hooked up, a feeding tube, breathing tube, etc. He was knocked out the whole time and didn't respond much other than groaning. He's incredibly swollen all over. He looks like a huge man and reality he's a very scrawny, skinny man from not eating the past few months.

It really just wasn't a good state to see him in and I wish I hadn't. He looked horrible.

They're going to try and get him to come around more tomorrow, hopefully get him up and moving sometime this week. Honestly, with the way he looks, it really doesn't look like they'll be doing much with him.

It's difficult to see him in that state, I know. When my sister was in ICU for an aortic aneurysm, I thought that her face was the size of a basketball. I couldn't believe how puffy she looked. She was in ICU for 2 1/2 months and yet she came home from the hospital, so don't lose hope. We're all praying for you and your Grandpa. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11