Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Some good news for the prayer thread?

My mom is doing somewhat better and thank you for all your kind words and prayers.

I have a meeting for my job grievance later on this month....IT is going on two years, but if it is resolved in my favor I will be thrilled and blessed.

The State of CA deemed I was indeed eligible for some extended benefits so I can survive a little longer, and I won't have to worry about not being able to do the PT card swap this year.

Thanks to all who have taken time to post thoughts and prayers for everyone who has posted here.

There are valleys in life. You just have to keep looking at the peaks around you!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Some good news for the prayer thread?

My mom is doing somewhat better and thank you for all your kind words and prayers.

I have a meeting for my job grievance later on this month....IT is going on two years, but if it is resolved in my favor I will be thrilled and blessed.

The State of CA deemed I was indeed eligible for some extended benefits so I can survive a little longer, and I won't have to worry about not being able to do the PT card swap this year.

Thanks to all who have taken time to post thoughts and prayers for everyone who has posted here.

There are valleys in life. You just have to keep looking at the peaks around you!
    Better and better, Richard.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Update to the Update

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiesmom
    I have a big one, but I've seen PT prayers work miracles. My father and my brother had a construction business that has just closed. They owe staggering amounts of money to their creditors, which they definitely do not have. The calls and letters have escalated. The business owns a building which, if it would sell, would provide the funds to settle many of the debts. The real estate market stinks to say the least. So, everyone, could you pray that someone would want to buy the building.

I have GOOD NEWS- a potential buyer came to look at the building yesterday and came back today - so we are hoping. Please pray that either this might be "the one" or the financial situation might ease up somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassiesmom
    Well, there's an offer. It's not the offer we wanted, but it's an offer. The bad news is all the fees and taxes that will be owed. Grrrrrr!
    Update to the update. Because of zoning issues, the transaction needs to past first the Planning and Zoning Commission and then the full city council. It's in a residential neighborhood but the business was there before the zoning ordinance took effect. Please keep praying.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I just read about some people's prayer request and I will be sure to pray for ya'll. And Richard I'm glad that your mom is doing better.

I was wondering if ya'll could keep my family in your prayers also--see my mom, 14 y/o brother and 4 y/o niece had to move into the house with my grandparents in Feb. so my mother could be here to help them. We had 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a living room built on to their house so we would have our space too. They just got it all finished a few weeks ago.

But it's been pretty hard lately..cause the reason we had to move in with them is because my grandma has alzheimers and my grandpa had a stroke last year and it caused him to lose his eyesight some and made him not be able to walk well so he has to use a cane now.

My grandma has gotten worse with the alz. since Feb. when we first moved in. Sometimes she thinks my mother is her friend 'Sue.' She sometimes (well most of the time) thinks that my grandpa is her dad. We tell her no that's your husband Robert, but she says that's not her husband--see my papa has lost weight and does look different than he did a few months ago. So she doesn't think it's him most of the time. That hurts my papa's feelings..it's like he doesn't understand that she has the disease and can't help it- he takes it too personally...so every couple of days he will say things like he doesn't have any purpose in life anymore that his own wife doesn't even know him anymore.

And then my mom is tired all the time because she has to be there with my grandmother all the time--my uncle should be over here helping he only lives 5 minutes away but he only comes over every now and then. and when he comes he sleeps in a chair. My mom never gets out of the house unless I stay at home with my grandparents or we let them go with us. my uncle will stay once a week for my mother to get to go somewhere but that's all and you know getting out of the house only once a week isn't no fun at all. I offer all the time to stay home and help my grandparents so my mom can go somewhere like with one of her friends or something but she says she feels guilty to leave me there--I tell her it's fine I don't mind but it's hard to ever get her to go anywhere...

So I know our problems aren't as big as alot of you guys' problems but some prayers would be appreciated so much! Everything is just kind of hard right now. Thanks everyone
    Genny
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Quote Originally Posted by Genny View Post
    I just read about some people's prayer request and I will be sure to pray for ya'll. And Richard I'm glad that your mom is doing better.

I was wondering if ya'll could keep my family in your prayers also--see my mom, 14 y/o brother and 4 y/o niece had to move into the house with my grandparents in Feb. so my mother could be here to help them. We had 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a living room built on to their house so we would have our space too. They just got it all finished a few weeks ago.

But it's been pretty hard lately..cause the reason we had to move in with them is because my grandma has alzheimers and my grandpa had a stroke last year and it caused him to lose his eyesight some and made him not be able to walk well so he has to use a cane now.

My grandma has gotten worse with the alz. since Feb. when we first moved in. Sometimes she thinks my mother is her friend 'Sue.' She sometimes (well most of the time) thinks that my grandpa is her dad. We tell her no that's your husband Robert, but she says that's not her husband--see my papa has lost weight and does look different than he did a few months ago. So she doesn't think it's him most of the time. That hurts my papa's feelings..it's like he doesn't understand that she has the disease and can't help it- he takes it too personally...so every couple of days he will say things like he doesn't have any purpose in life anymore that his own wife doesn't even know him anymore.

And then my mom is tired all the time because she has to be there with my grandmother all the time--my uncle should be over here helping he only lives 5 minutes away but he only comes over every now and then. and when he comes he sleeps in a chair. My mom never gets out of the house unless I stay at home with my grandparents or we let them go with us. my uncle will stay once a week for my mother to get to go somewhere but that's all and you know getting out of the house only once a week isn't no fun at all. I offer all the time to stay home and help my grandparents so my mom can go somewhere like with one of her friends or something but she says she feels guilty to leave me there--I tell her it's fine I don't mind but it's hard to ever get her to go anywhere...

So I know our problems aren't as big as alot of you guys' problems but some prayers would be appreciated so much! Everything is just kind of hard right now. Thanks everyone
    Genny
    until we walk a mile in someone's shoes we do not know how big their problems are. Size doesn't matter.
    Prayers being sent.
    I had a grandfather that did much of what your grandma is doing, and just know they do not know what they are doing, and I know if they are in their right mind, it would hurt them greatly to know they are hurting the ones they love so dear. ((hugs))
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by Genny View Post

Genny
    Boy, that sounds rough. You all will be in my prayers. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Genny
    some prayers would be appreciated so much! Everything is just kind of hard right now. Thanks everyone
    Genny and family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    the high school I graduated from is suffering another tragedy in just a little over 2 years.
    2 high school age students (I don't know their ages) were killed in an accident last night. They were found around 2am and there are no details. There were no skid marks on the road.
    Their moms were 2 years ahead of me in school and graduated together. One of the kids, his grandma is a teacher at the elementary school.
    My mom was called into sub b/c the entire school is in shock, - again.
    Last year, it was 2 little boys killed in a car accident on their way to watch their big brother play football, then a few months later, their dad was found dead. He was such a big guy with a huge heart, but it was broken, and just couldn't take the stress of losing 2 of his boys.
    Its a very small community, but it takes care of its own. But outside prayers are appreciated and needed.
    Thanks.
    today were the funerals for the 2 students. They had them at the school and cancelled classes.
    So many rumors are flowing around but apparently the mom of one of the boys (is a nurse) while they were out looking for them is the one that found them.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I have a prayer request....
    One is for my aunt Isabelle, who is going through some tough times with her infection from a surgery she had.

Another is that I start school on the 29th.... I'm going to be a Veterinary Technician. I'm extremly nervous, I have a learning disability, and I reealllly hope that I can keep up with all the work. Thank you.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Grandpa is doing worse than ever. He's bleeding internally and they're doing a blood transfusion. He's on a feeding tube.

My mom said by the sounds of it, he won't be here much longer. I think this would be for the better, but I'm not sure how well I can deal with this.

We're going to visit him in the hospital right now and I don't know if I can do this. Please give me strength.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr View Post
    Grandpa is doing worse than ever. He's bleeding internally and they're doing a blood transfusion. He's on a feeding tube.

My mom said by the sounds of it, he won't be here much longer. I think this would be for the better, but I'm not sure how well I can deal with this.

We're going to visit him in the hospital right now and I don't know if I can do this. Please give me strength.
    You can do it. PT prayers are going w/you. Many prayers from Ohio going up for you and your Grandpa that all will be well. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

That poor guy...Prayers,very strong going to him from us...

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Kay, HUGS to you and prayers for your Grandpa.

If Grandpa passes, that will be two dearly beloved people you have lost in a very short time. Please find a way to take care of yourself, even if it is grief counselling (I used that for a few months and it was worth it - and free through the hospital).

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Positive thoughts and hugs to everyone who needs them.

Robin has been having a lot of pain in her ribs, and her shoulder. They did a bone scan, and an xray on Monday to see if her cancer had spread.. They called her today with the results, and said she had a tumor on her shoulder.. She also has 2-3 tumors on her breast bone. She had cancer there in 2005.
    She also has a cracked rib.. But they said there isn't anything they can do for that.

She was in stage 4 of Metastatic Breast Cancer.. But they have upgraded it to stage 5. Which is the last stage that you can go to... They are doing a cat scan on Monday to see if it has spread to any of her major organs.. The doctor doesn't know for sure, but he said he thinks that it has.

She told me today not to even think of Christmas this year, because she won't be here for Christmas.

Prayers and good thoughts are definitely needed for our family... We thought she was getting better, and she had started gaining weight back, and then we find this out..