Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner View Post
    Please pray for my husband, his brothers, and mother. His father has suffered from alzheimer's disease for a long, long time, and he is going to pass sometime this weekend, probably. Although, we feel we lost him a long time ago, it is still a difficult time for all. Thanks
    Prayers going up for an easy transition for all concerned......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Good thoughts appreciated for Kristina (DJFyrewolf) and family.

Please pray for my husband, his brothers, and mother. His father has suffered from alzheimer's disease for a long, long time, and he is going to pass sometime this weekend, probably. Although, we feel we lost him a long time ago, it is still a difficult time for all. Thanks
    Prayers for Boomersooner's family from me in Chicago. I have a friend at church whose mother has Alzheimer's so I have seen first hand how difficult it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiesmom
    I have a big one, but I've seen PT prayers work miracles. My father and my brother had a construction business that has just closed. They owe staggering amounts of money to their creditors, which they definitely do not have. The calls and letters have escalated. The business owns a building which, if it would sell, would provide the funds to settle many of the debts. The real estate market stinks to say the least. So, everyone, could you pray that someone would want to buy the building.
    I have GOOD NEWS- a potential buyer came to look at the building yesterday and came back today - so we are hoping. Please pray that either this might be "the one" or the financial situation might ease up somehow.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you for all of the prayers and good thoughts. My father in law died yesterday afternoon. Please remember my family, specifically my husband, his brothers, and his mom....a special good thought for my 13 year old son...it is his first experience with the death of anyone or anything close to him.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Thank you for all of the prayers and good thoughts. My father in law died yesterday afternoon. Please remember my family, specifically my husband, his brothers, and his mom....a special good thought for my 13 year old son...it is his first experience with the death of anyone or anything close to him.
    Prayers for your family, boomersooner. Although it's a difficult time, at least you know he is at peace and not suffering anymore.

Elyse, all paws crossed that your dad & brother can close the deal & resolve those financial woes. Sending good vibes your way!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiesmom
    I have a big one, but I've seen PT prayers work miracles. My father and my brother had a construction business that has just closed. They owe staggering amounts of money to their creditors, which they definitely do not have. The calls and letters have escalated. The business owns a building which, if it would sell, would provide the funds to settle many of the debts. The real estate market stinks to say the least. So, everyone, could you pray that someone would want to buy the building.

I have GOOD NEWS- a potential buyer came to look at the building yesterday and came back today - so we are hoping. Please pray that either this might be "the one" or the financial situation might ease up somehow.
    Well, there's an offer. It's not the offer we wanted, but it's an offer. The bad news is all the fees and taxes that will be owed. Grrrrrr!

PRAYERS for BoomerSooner's Family
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you for all of the nice thoughts and prayers. We really appreciate it.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Please pray for our wonderful pet sitter, Kerri. She is ONLY in her early 30's. She had headaches and was found to have a brain aneurysm. She had surgery, but she has been having complications, and is back in ICU. Thank you all.
    Nine is Fine!!

I do not check this thread as often as I should. Prayers for everyone who has asked, and for those who need them but have been reluctant to ask.

Holding prayerful thoughts for everyone.

Please keep my brother, Paul, and my nephew, Adam, in your prayers. My sister-in-law Pauline passed away earlier this afternoon. Fortunately, they were both there with her. My brother hasn't left her side for months, he's been living in the hospital's hospice rooms. She was amazing, cracking jokes & making everyone around her laugh, even though she herself was so ill. Always a teacher, she was very pleased with having made medical transplant history, and having been used as a case study for medical students. God bless her.

Prayers for Paul and Adam - and prayers of joy, if I can say it, for Pauline! She went ahead to try an experimental drug/treatment - her spirit was truly inspiring.

I hope her family and friends can take comfort in how she faced her end with such humour and strength.

{{{{hugs}}}} to all who were so blessed and lucky to know her!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayer request for another Online Forum Friend. (just as I consider many of you my friends- tho we've never 'met' face to face)

Joanne woke up this morning to find her husband had passed away in his sleep.
    Please keep her and all his family in your prayers, HIS son is to be married in October, they are going to need it.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Many prayers for Joanne...what a horrible shock.

I hope she has friends and family supporting her now, and his son. How truly awful for everyone.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

another request

the high school I graduated from is suffering another tragedy in just a little over 2 years.
    2 high school age students (I don't know their ages) were killed in an accident last night. They were found around 2am and there are no details. There were no skid marks on the road.
    Their moms were 2 years ahead of me in school and graduated together. One of the kids, his grandma is a teacher at the elementary school.
    My mom was called into sub b/c the entire school is in shock, - again.
    Last year, it was 2 little boys killed in a car accident on their way to watch their big brother play football, then a few months later, their dad was found dead. He was such a big guy with a huge heart, but it was broken, and just couldn't take the stress of losing 2 of his boys.
    Its a very small community, but it takes care of its own. But outside prayers are appreciated and needed.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by shais_mom; 09-11-2008 at 06:19 PM.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Oh Staci, what sad, sad news you have for us today.

It is almost too much to wrap your head around.

Prayers, many prayers will be said for these families and all others who have recently requested prayers.