Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Jenn - just saw this. PRAYERS for your dad; I hope he recovers, and can enjoy life again. He has won against some long odds...praying he does this same here.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Some prayer/best wishes/ good vibes for me please...

I feel almost, selfish asking for them...because I pretty much brought this onto myself.
    I'm going to the the doctors soon(they keep changing my appt's, so Thursday or...)...I am really worried as I have been kinda bad, and all I am hoping is that I don't need surgery or to go into the hospital. I really really hope..

Thanks PT

Prayers for Jennlibrarian and dad and for iluvmypup.

I have a praise. My cousin has been receiving chemotherapy treatments for cancer. She has had 2 of 6 and the tumor has already come down in size by almost half. The chemotherapy leaves her really wiped out, though
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiesmom
    I have a big one, but I've seen PT prayers work miracles. My father and my brother had a construction business that has just closed. They owe staggering amounts of money to their creditors, which they definitely do not have. The calls and letters have escalated. The business owns a building which, if it would sell, would provide the funds to settle many of the debts. The real estate market stinks to say the least. So, everyone, could you pray that someone would want to buy the building, and also that my dad (who's 80) is able to stay strong. I would not wish this on anyone.

Thank you all,
    Elyse

Update. A potential buyer has an appointment to see the building on Monday. The last "looker" no-showed. I'll keep you posted.
    Update... The July 7 buyer was not interested. Building is still on the market along with 5 others in a three block radius.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    I just got a phone call from my mom. I was out for 45 minutes today and missed an earlier phone call (I've ignored my answering machine because it's just bill collectors ).

My dad is in the hospital with either a pulmonary embolism or lung cancer. He's had 3 separate bypass surgeries before, and facial reconstruction and surgery for skin cancer last year on top of all of this. Now they said there is a clotting issue...

I'm worried because they had him on Prednisone for a long time, then took him off of that and put him on something else, and he also gets that once a week(I think it's every week) shot for his arthritis, and it has all kinds of side effects.

Please keep him in your thoughts. He's been a hard working farmer all his life, and has gone through so much between heart problems and cancer, this is just really scary right now.

Oh my gosh Jenn, this is the first time I've ever opened this thread and I saw your post! I'm praying that your father will be well. He has been through so much, it isn't fair. My prayers and positive thoughts are going out to you and your dad right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Update... The July 7 buyer was not interested. Building is still on the market along with 5 others in a three block radius.
    So sorry to hear this Elyse. I hope they can sell it soon and pay off those debts. That's horrible for your dad to go through at his age! The market for sellers has really stunk lately.

Prayers on the way...

Talked to my mom and my dad today. The doctor did find clots that had traveled to his lungs, and he's now on heparin. They said he's got some kind of clotting issue. The doctor also said that they've found he has Deep Vein Thrombosis in both legs. This is not good news. I'm not sure what they are going to do for this, in the long run. Dad seems in good spirits though, so that's good.

He should be home on Saturday, so hopefully we'll know more before then.

Jenn, thank goodness they got your dad on some Heparin. Hopefully they can find out what is actually causing this, but if not, blood thinners might do the job of dissolving them.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Continually remembering your requests...

adding a request for prayer for my SIL Pauline. She has taken a turn for the worse, & doctors have advised my brother to start notifying next of kin. Please pray that her son is able to get there asap. He has quite a long distance to drive. My brother is there by her side, and I went up & spent a couple hours with him -wasn't able to see her this time. (she had a kidney & liver transplant last fall, and after 6 mos, her new kidney developed cancer. It's all been downhill ever since.)
    This is so sad, they are such a tight-knit family, and she's only in her early 50's.

Thank you, Pat & JoJoe

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes View Post

adding a request for prayer for my SIL Pauline. She has taken a turn for the worse, & doctors have advised my brother to start notifying next of kin. Please pray that her son is able to get there asap. He has quite a long distance to drive. My brother is there by her side, and I went up & spent a couple hours with him -wasn't able to see her this time. (she had a kidney & liver transplant last fall, and after 6 mos, her new kidney developed cancer. It's all been downhill ever since.)
    This is so sad, they are such a tight-knit family, and she's only in her early 50's.

Thank you, Pat & JoJoe
    Praying that Pauline's son will have a safe and fast trip. Praying for comfort for Pauline's family, Pat and JoJoe.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes View Post

Thank you, Pat & JoJoe
    This is so terribly sad and I'm so terribly sorry. Of course, prayers are going up right now for you and all concerned and especially for Pauline and that her son will make it home on time. Peace to you all.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Prayers for Pauline, and for her family.

I hope she is comfortable and pain-free, and can hear and see those who are with her.

Prayers for all who need them.

How sad for your brother and his family, Pat. I'll be keeping them in my thoughts and prayers.

Please pray for two guys on my street: Bobby and Chris. Both have just gone through such a horrible ordeal with their pets.

They'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted