Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Huge prayers for Cathy and Al.

When my sister died, it was also from a gradual chronic illness...I had someone say that at least we had time to get used to the idea. She meant well.

Suddenly or after a long time, there is NO good way to lose someone you love - especially a child.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

At my church, there is a retired priest named Vic who does care ministry in his own church, and fills in for Greg, our regular fellow.

Greg is on holidays, and we are enjoying Vic's rational and warm presence, which is so akin to Greg's.

Today he told us he had been diagnosed with "indolent leukemia". He's been on chemo pills for two weeks and is SO grateful there are no side effects. Since he is in his early 70's, his doc said he would likely die with it, but not OF it.

He has been exhausted since the end of April, when he first started going for tests, etc.

Prayers that he regains some energy and feels better, and that the disease is managed successfully, if not outright cured.

Thank you.

I know I don't post often but this week I could really use some wonderful PT prayers and positive thinking. Sixteen years ago at age 45 my DH had a heart attacked and quadruple bypass surgery. He has had to have a few stents put in since then but has generally been in good health.
    A week or so back, he had a stress test and the results were not good at all. He has to go for an angiogram on Wednesday. He has been told in the past that he is not a candidate for redo bypasses, so unless things have changed I don't know what they will be able to do for him.
    We have been married for 39 years in September and he is my best friend. I have no family in Canada so this is really hard.
    Please pray that things are not as bad as they seem and there is a treatment available for him.
    Last edited by Louie and me; 08-11-2008 at 08:23 AM.

I will see him as well. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Louie and me View Post
    I know I don't post often but this week I could really use some wonderful PT prayers and positive thinking. Sixteen years ago at age 45 my DH had a heart attacked and quadruple bypass surgery. He has had to have a few stents put in since then but has generally been in good health.
    A week or so back, he had a stress test and the results were not good at all. He has to go for an angiogram on Wednesday. He has been told in the past that he is not a candidate for redo bypasses, so unless things have changed I don't know what they will be able to do for him.
    We have been married for 39 years in September and he is my best friend. I have no family in Canada so this is really hard.
    Please pray that things are not as bad as they seem and there is a treatment available for him.
    My prayers are coming for your husband and for you from Pittsburgh. In about two weeks I'll also be undergoing angioplasty to see if I have blockage since I also have Atrial fibrillation and a weak heart muscle. I pray that both of us have good reports.

Prayers for your husband and his heart situation. These days, I would hope there are some good options.

Prayers for you, David, that things turn out well.

Prayers for all who need them.

Thank you for your encouragement. I will be doing a lot of praying on Wednesday and will include all my PTers in my prayers.
    David - I can't say I know how you feel but I have travelled that road with Ben (my DH) so my thoughts will be with you.

I'm asking for prayers for my grandma today. She just lost her husband (my step-grandfather) a couple hours ago when he his heart stopped in the hospital after a surgery for colon cancer. She has been with him for 30 years and is alone and completely devastated. My mom is trying to get to her as soon as she can but if anyone here could just send up a prayer to help her find strength to cope while she is all alone until family can get there, it would mean a lot to us. I just got off the phone with her and it broke my heart to hear her so bereft. I feel so incredibly helpless and all I can do is ask for prayers for her.

Thank you.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Prayers for your grandma - and for you and your mom.

Hugs to all of you - may you find some comfort in each other.

It just keeps hitting me and sinking in more and more, and I feel like I should say more about him. His name was Norm and he has been a part of my life since I was about 7 years old. He had his problems but he was a very kind and big-hearted man and he loved doing things for people. He was so talented with building and wood work. I remember he made me a miniature stable for my Breyer horses, that I still have. He liked to make little wood animal figurines and paint them. He was just as talented at making big things as those smaller things. He had built workshops, chicken coops, even made an insert for the truck bed to make it a mini camper type thing with carpeting, two carpeted benches on either side with a middle insert that fit between to make a bed.

He took me fishing, drove us on Tablerock Lake in his boat. He even would go swimming in the lake with me, let me ride on his tractor mower with his homemade little trailer to haul firewood and various things. We even went bike riding together. He designed and built the deck on our house where I spent most of my growing up years. He loved to laugh and tease and joke. He would sit and socialize with anyone.

Grandma loved him so much. I keep hearing her tearful voice as she said she cannot imagine life without him there. I just hope she can find some peace and strength. He would want that for her too.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm praying that your Grandma and you and your family will be eventually able to find some peace thinking of all the wonderful times they shared over the last thirty years.

My thoughts and prayers are going out to all of you. ((((HUGS))))

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

I just got a phone call from my mom. I was out for 45 minutes today and missed an earlier phone call (I've ignored my answering machine because it's just bill collectors ).

My dad is in the hospital with either a pulmonary embolism or lung cancer. He's had 3 separate bypass surgeries before, and facial reconstruction and surgery for skin cancer last year on top of all of this. Now they said there is a clotting issue...

I'm worried because they had him on Prednisone for a long time, then took him off of that and put him on something else, and he also gets that once a week(I think it's every week) shot for his arthritis, and it has all kinds of side effects.

Please keep him in your thoughts. He's been a hard working farmer all his life, and has gone through so much between heart problems and cancer, this is just really scary right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    I just got a phone call from my mom. I was out for 45 minutes today and missed an earlier phone call (I've ignored my answering machine because it's just bill collectors ).

My dad is in the hospital with either a pulmonary embolism or lung cancer. He's had 3 separate bypass surgeries before, and facial reconstruction and surgery for skin cancer last year on top of all of this. Now they said there is a clotting issue...

I'm worried because they had him on Prednisone for a long time, then took him off of that and put him on something else, and he also gets that once a week(I think it's every week) shot for his arthritis, and it has all kinds of side effects.

Please keep him in your thoughts. He's been a hard working farmer all his life, and has gone through so much between heart problems and cancer, this is just really scary right now.
    Prayers for your dad and for you, Jenn, are going up right now. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11