Page 100 of 216 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Karen I am sorry to hear that your life is so full of stress (and pain) right now. I agree with Pat, you need to take care of you. If you let yourself go who's going to take care of everyone else

Lots of hugs and prayers headed your way dear friend!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Prayers needed for Kia (and me).

Long story short...

1) A chihuahua picked a fight with Kia
    2) The chihuahua lost

I offered to pay the vet bills, but the owner ignored me and left. His owner wasn't very happy with me and I'm nervous someone will talk her into sueing.

I don't blame her for being upset, but seeing as her dog was lunging at every dog at the party, I'm upset she didn't just excuse herself and leave.

We found 5 scratches (from teeth or nails, I'm not sure) on the chihuahua. Kia got nipped on the chin. I don't think anyone will require stitches, but I know how wounds can go unnoticed sometimes.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth

1) A chihuahua picked a fight with Kia
    2) The chihuahua lost

I offered to pay the vet bills ... I'm nervous someone will talk her into suing.

... her dog was lunging at every dog at the party ...

How come the Big Dawg always gets blamed for being the aggressor when it's often
    NOT the Big Dawg who picked the fight?

I'd suggest you keep an accurate list of the adults who witnessed the altercation.
    If you're good friends with one or two of those witnesses, you might ask them to write out
    a Statement of what they saw - while it's all fresh in their minds.

A "follow up call" to the Lil Nipper's Mom might help to calm the waters, and you could
    repeat your offer to cover any medical bills.

I wouldn't worry too much - after all was said and done, the Lil Snot did manage
    to walk away - not too much the worse for wear.

Prayers for you & Kia, paws crossed everydog is ok and this will go away quietly. It's hard NOT to be upset, but its pretty common for little dogs to pick fights and big dogs get blamed.

Prayers for my mom, please. It was confirmed today that she has cancer.

I'm taking the news harder than she is and finding it easier to cope by ignoring/avoiding any conversation about it. (I guess that's really just a nice way of saying, I won't be answering phone calls or emails for awhile.)

Her next doctor's appointment (to discuss a treatment plan) is May 6th.

I hurt so bad and really just don't have the strength to pray right now; thank you in advance, for those of you who can.

OH Zip. Many many prayers that your mom beats it. *hugs* and prayers for her and your family.

Phred and Pat, thanks. My sisters were there (it was Sasha's party) and a couple other guests saw it, so I'm certain they'd vouch for me and Kia.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Oh, dear, Zippykat, what kind of cancer? Many kinds now are more curable and treatable than they were even ten years ago. I know and love many cancer survivors, and hope you mom will get the proper treatment and beat this. Remember, cancer isn't necessarily a death sentence anymore, and you and your family will be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hi God ~

We need sum spchul Help down in New Messico fur Zippy-Kat's MOM ...
    she's gotta problem an needs Your Help, Big Tyme!

We'll be startin a MommaKat Purrayer Thread ...
    but wante to give Ya a Hedz Up so's You could alert allua Bridge Kids to add her
    to their nitely Purrayers an lite a Speshul Kandil fur her.

And kindly remembur that our own Zipp-Kat, DadGuy, an Lil Sister also need a lotta
    {{{God'sHugs}}} to get through this.

Hope nunbuddie mynds, but we're gonna slide Zippy's MommaKat rite up on top of our Purrayer List.

Oh, an God ... kan You make sure our Lil Bowser knowz 'bout this ...
    He wuz alluz kinda partial to Mrs. MommaKat when she visited ...
    He'll wanna kross his pawz, too.

Thanks, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Zippy - treatment plan sounds good. There are lots of ways that cancer is beaten these days.

When you feel up to it, try to find out more about her kind of cancer...she will need a lot of support, as will you. A lot of hospitals have groups for cancer survivors and their families. It helps to know you and your mom are not alone.

{{{{hugs}}}} and PT Prayers!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

A young friend of mine, Richard (age 18?), is facing surgery this Friday for a fast growing growth in his throat. If you would please pray for him, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

We will, of course.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    We will, of course.
    Thank you. I've gotten clarification from his mom. The growth is in his sinus cavities. He's been having trouble for 2 years, but it was thought to be an allergy. (And she's thought he was goofing off on taking his allergy medicine and is KICKING herself over this misunderstanding.) At this point he's having a lot of trouble breathing.

Thank you for your support, it's comforting/helping him, his baby sister, mom, and step-dad during a frightening time.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

One of my riding buddies died last week (not in a riding accident) and his family and friends are sorely hurting from the loss of a really genuine, good person. Prayers going out to them....

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLee
    Thank you. I've gotten clarification from his mom. The growth is in his sinus cavities. He's been having trouble for 2 years, but it was thought to be an allergy. (And she's thought he was goofing off on taking his allergy medicine and is KICKING herself over this misunderstanding.) At this point he's having a lot of trouble breathing.

Thank you for your support, it's comforting/helping him, his baby sister, mom, and step-dad during a frightening time.
    Apparently they attempted surgery today on an outpatient basis. Took a biopsy which is being tested, but it was too extensive/bleeding uncontrolled to complete the surgery today. They're in the process of rescheduling until after his high school graduation (mid-June?) and will perform the surgery in a hospital.

Thank you for your prayers and concern.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyBogart
    One of my riding buddies died last week (not in a riding accident) and his family and friends are sorely hurting from the loss of a really genuine, good person. Prayers going out to them....
    So sorry for your loss, Cathy. Prayers coming.