Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

cyber-sides, what a gutsy lady Pauline is! I hope with all my heart that this treatment does something for her.

She's not giving up - and that kind of attitude can carry her clear through.

Tamara - Spencer at 15! He should be out blading and boarding and being a teen! I truly hope that whatever is found is a) NOT cancer, and b) VERY treatable whatever it is.

Prayers to all that need them!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post

Could you add my nephew Spencer to your prayers?

Spencer has his first biopsy at the Cross Cancer Centre tomorrow.
    ... be told to check in the next morning for at least a week in hospital.

Poor Spencer!

Prayers sent ... more to follow.

Check with the Hospital - see if they have E-card or E-mail deliveries to the patients.
    We Pet Talkers could run their printer out of ink on the first day!

It's cancer....

Spencer was diagnosed today with Hodgkins Lymphoma, likely stage 2. They are starting his first round of chemo and radiation tomorrow. I don't know the details of his treatment, but I think he'll get several courses of chemo, each seperated by a few weeks.

If you're gonna get cancer, this is apparently a pretty good one to have. The odds of remission are between 80-90% for cases caught early and treated aggressively. Spencer is in a very good treatment facility. He's young and strong. As terrifying as the "C" word is, his odds are pretty positive.

Times like this are the only time I hate living up here. I'm going to have to find a way to make a trip back there soon.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I don't even know where to start. This has been the worst year of my life.

My dad passed away in February. I miss him so much. Apparently, he was the glue that held our family together, because everything has just fallen apart.

My sister and brother-in-law are getting a divorce, after 30 years of marriage. She is having an affair. My niece and her husband are getting a divorce, after 12 years of marriage. Her three kids are just lost. She and her new boyfriend have this on-again/off-again mess, and she just found out she is pregnant. She is 38.

My step-kids are seriously the most horrible children I have ever met. Not kidding. Every single day it's a new issue. My husband thinks they are perfect little angels who can do absolutely no wrong ... they get thrown in jail, they abuse prescription drugs, they do meth. But nonetheless, they are the golden children. My husband and I pretty much hate each other these days, we can't go an hour, let alone a day, without a fight. There's no way this marriage is going to last. I'm just over it.

My son, who has been in trouble with the law for two years now due to a huge problem with smoking marijuana, is once again screwing up, two months after getting home after eight months in a juvenile facility. Today he wrecked his new car, he's had it for two weeks. My husband is pretty much gleeful about this, because it wasn't one of his little angels that did it, and he didn't want my son to get the car in the first place.

I will NEVER ask, "What next?" or "Could it get worse?" because I think the Powers That Be seem only too glad to show you exactly how much worse it could get if you do. I KNOW it could be FAR worse. But, dang ... it all starts to pile up after a while. I don't know what to do.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Spencer was diagnosed today with Hodgkins Lymphoma, likely stage 2.

If you're gonna get cancer, this is apparently a pretty good one to have. The odds of remission are between 80-90% ...

I'm going to have to find a way to make a trip back there soon.
    Where is "there"?

And how is Spencer related to you? Is he a Your side or Stuart's side nephew?

Can you check to see if the Hospital does distribute E-cards or E-mails to the patients?
    'Have mail - Will send!'

Poor Spencer...I hope he gets better sooner than later.
    And i hope you get there to see him soon.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Spencer was diagnosed today with Hodgkins Lymphoma, likely stage 2. They are starting his first round of chemo and radiation tomorrow. I don't know the details of his treatment, but I think he'll get several courses of chemo, each seperated by a few weeks.

If you're gonna get cancer, this is apparently a pretty good one to have. The odds of remission are between 80-90% for cases caught early and treated aggressively. Spencer is in a very good treatment facility. He's young and strong. As terrifying as the "C" word is, his odds are pretty positive.

Times like this are the only time I hate living up here. I'm going to have to find a way to make a trip back there soon.
    The help that I can offer is the help that I offer everyone and that's prayer and plenty of it. You sound like a positive person and your attitude seems right on track and that's half the battle, as I'm sure you know. We'll send up prayers for Spencer and you that all will go well w/his treatment and I see him well!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog View Post
    I don't even know where to start. This has been the worst year of my life.

My dad passed away in February. I miss him so much. Apparently, he was the glue that held our family together, because everything has just fallen apart.

My sister and brother-in-law are getting a divorce, after 30 years of marriage. She is having an affair. My niece and her husband are getting a divorce, after 12 years of marriage. Her three kids are just lost. She and her new boyfriend have this on-again/off-again mess, and she just found out she is pregnant. She is 38.

My step-kids are seriously the most horrible children I have ever met. Not kidding. Every single day it's a new issue. My husband thinks they are perfect little angels who can do absolutely no wrong ... they get thrown in jail, they abuse prescription drugs, they do meth. But nonetheless, they are the golden children. My husband and I pretty much hate each other these days, we can't go an hour, let alone a day, without a fight. There's no way this marriage is going to last. I'm just over it.

My son, who has been in trouble with the law for two years now due to a huge problem with smoking marijuana, is once again screwing up, two months after getting home after eight months in a juvenile facility. Today he wrecked his new car, he's had it for two weeks. My husband is pretty much gleeful about this, because it wasn't one of his little angels that did it, and he didn't want my son to get the car in the first place.

I will NEVER ask, "What next?" or "Could it get worse?" because I think the Powers That Be seem only too glad to show you exactly how much worse it could get if you do. I KNOW it could be FAR worse. But, dang ... it all starts to pile up after a while. I don't know what to do.
    Wow, you have had a year, haven't ya? I doubt that anything I say will make a difference since I haven't walked in your shoes. Kids grow up, move out and our lives change when that happens, so if you can hold on until then, perhaps things will improve. In the meantime, I'll definitely send up prayers for this emotionally exhausted mom and her family. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Spencer is in my prayers, and everyone enduring hardship and suffering. Twisterdog, I am so sorry to see the incredible stress and angst you are going through. I pray for strength and a way to find peace for you.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    Where is "there"?

And how is Spencer related to you? Is he a Your side or Stuart's side nephew?

Can you check to see if the Hospital does distribute E-cards or E-mails to the patients?
    'Have mail - Will send!'

There is Saskatchewan, where I was raised and my entire family still lives.

Spencer is my nephew, youngest son of my oldest brother, one my 9 nieces/nephews. Stuart is an only child so no nephews/nieces on his side.

I can't find anything on-line about the hosptial email. I'll ask my SIL next time I talk to her.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Glacier, you have my prayers for your nephew - I am sure everyone is a wreck about this. I do know that after aggressive treatment - a dear friend has been cancer free from Hodgkins Lymphoma for years and years.
    And he is young which is on his side. Just the same, you wonder why, oh why, does this young man have to have this disease.

Twisterdog, let's set up a Pet Talk HOWL of prayers for you and your family. Just take it moment by moment..........don't look back, don't look forward. Most of all, take good care of yourself - you are important!!

"There" is Saskatchewan,
    where I was raised and my entire family still lives.

Spencer is my nephew, youngest son of my oldest brother,
    one my 9 nieces/nephews.

Stuart is an only child so no nephews/nieces on his side.

I tought it was just you and a Sister with 3 ?? Nieces ...
    Didn't know that Mom & Dad were raising an Army.

How's young Mr. Spencer adjusting to the treatment?
    Be sure to tell him that there are a Whole Lotta Folks & Furries all over the World
    that are praying for his speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    Glacier, you have my prayers for your nephew - I am sure everyone is a wreck about this. I do know that after aggressive treatment - a dear friend has been cancer free from Hodgkins Lymphoma for years and years.
    And he is young which is on his side. Just the same, you wonder why, oh why, does this young man have to have this disease.

Twisterdog, let's set up a Pet Talk HOWL of prayers for you and your family. Just take it moment by moment..........don't look back, don't look forward. Most of all, take good care of yourself - you are important!!
    Glacier -- mine too. Twisterdog, add a MEOW of prayers to the howls. I also have good news, my mom came through the knee surgery much better than the last time (October 2004) and is walking a little better every day.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post

I tought it was just you and a Sister with 3 ?? Nieces ...
    Didn't know that Mom & Dad were raising an Army.

There are four of us. My brothers are technically my half brothers. We have different mothers, but my Dad always had custody of his boys and my mother raised them as her own. My siblings have three children each--I have five nieces ranging from 21 to 5 years old and four nephews who are between 19 and 8 years old.
    --John Irving

There are four of us.

My siblings have three children each --
    I have five nieces and four nephews
    WOW!
    THAT's quite a Collection of Relatives!

How come you're not overrun with Nieces & Nephews during the summer?
    I used to LOVE visiting an Aunt & Uncle & Cousins at their rural home beside
    one of the New York Finger Lakes. GREAT way to spend a summer!

And how's the real / original purpose of this exchange ~ Spencer ??

Sure hope he's Feeling Better and making progress.