Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

This is a sad story all around. The 16 year old is the former best friend of the son of one of my co-workers. They lost touch when my co-worker's kids transferred to parochial school. The parents are from Argentina, very kind and hard-working people. So - if you could say a prayer for Alex and his parents as well as the girl. The oldest guy- He can go to prison for a loooong time as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks,
    elyse

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/3...s-charged.html
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Please keep Keegan in your thoughts again - I need to call the vet in the morning b/c apparently the scabby areas from the cone Keeg wore decided to abscess. One is about the size of a golf ball. She is so uncomfortable and won't let me even touch it. Scratched her face bloody yesterday on both sides. I really hope they can make her comfortable and I hope they don't have to knock her out again - we could use the prayers. thanks!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    Please keep Keegan in your thoughts again - I need to call the vet in the morning b/c apparently the scabby areas from the cone Keeg wore decided to abscess. One is about the size of a golf ball. She is so uncomfortable and won't let me even touch it. Scratched her face bloody yesterday on both sides. I really hope they can make her comfortable and I hope they don't have to knock her out again - we could use the prayers. thanks!
    Staci, I'm so sorry to hear this. She sure has been having a rough time lately. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. ((HUGS))

Prayers are also going out to everyone in need.

Dasher isn't doing well tonight. I had to make him eat dinner and that is so unlike him. He's got a cough he can't quit. Was fine this morning. Played fetch and was so happy. Probably take him to vet in morning. I'm more than likely not going to sleep too much. Feel sick with worry.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom View Post
    Dasher isn't doing well tonight. I had to make him eat dinner and that is so unlike him. He's got a cough he can't quit. Was fine this morning. Played fetch and was so happy. Probably take him to vet in morning. I'm more than likely not going to sleep too much. Feel sick with worry.
    Val, sending prayers & good thoughts for Dasher.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes View Post
    Val, sending prayers & good thoughts for Dasher.
    Thanks so much. At vet now. They're doing bloodwork and exrays.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I'd like to ask for prayers for Miss Mare. She'll be having some tests run this coming Wednesday. We don't know what's wrong so we're starting with her ovaries/hormones and ruling out as we go. To say I'm scared is a bit of an understatement.

Miss Mare has my prayers for sure and I lit a candle too. We are here for you!!

I'd like to ask for a prayer request for my dear friend Father Rick Frechette of Haiti. He's a Passionist Priest who is also a doctor, who runs an orphanage and a hospital in Port Au Prince, Haiti.

I recently saw a video of him and he looks SO tired and worn out. Please keep him in your prayers. This man has given his life to the people and children of Haiti. A wonderful man with a heart of gold!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

We have recently gotten so pretty bad news. My dad, who I have been estranged from for 7 years was diagnosed with prostate cancer. We don't know yet if it is early stage of what. Also the docs found a strange spider web type mass in my mother's left breast. They are not sure what it is. They are running tests but are quite baffled by it. Anyway, both of these stories came to be within hours of each other. My brother called me about the problems with dad and less than 2 hours later my mother called me about the mass she has. Needless to say things are a little overwhelming now. I will keep you updated as I know more. Thank you all.

Sincerely,
    Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Michelle - I'm so sorry that you received a double dose of bad news. You and both your mother and father will be in my prayers - praying hard for positive outcomes.

{{{HUGS}}},
    Ellie
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Could I ask everyone's prayers please for my friend Bea? She's a mom with two young children and a loving husband, was diagnosed two weeks ago with breast cancer and operated on yesterday. She is an oncology nurse herself, so has seen this many times, please pray that she gets the care she needs to not only survive, but thrive.

She migrated here from Ireland as a young woman, and her husband's parents migrated here from China, so Bea's children have the middle name of "Chirish" - isn't that fun?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Could I ask everyone's prayers please for my friend Bea? She's a mom with two young children and a loving husband, was diagnosed two weeks ago with breast cancer and operated on yesterday. She is an oncology nurse herself, so has seen this many times, please pray that she gets the care she needs to not only survive, but thrive.

She migrated here from Ireland as a young woman, and her husband's parents migrated here from China, so Bea's children have the middle name of "Chirish" - isn't that fun?
    this is so hard to hear.i really wish her well,and definitly add her in my daily prayers.
    i love the middle names of her children.
    i'm also happy they are here in the best Country to be in to live a good life.
    God Bless!

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Thanks, she may have a hard road ahead, but is loved by many, so all the prayers we can add would help. Her husband has created a carepage for her, it's here: Bea - you have to log in, but I was able to use the log-in I created for Johanna's niece Samantha - it's the same company that does the pages all over, I guess!
    I've Been Frosted

My mom hasn't felt "like herself" for a couple of years. She is 77 - had an MRI and bloodwork, all of which was excellent, thank God.

Today we followed up with the neurologist. She is in preliminary stages of a Parkinson's type of syndrome.

It certainly could have been far worse, and the doc said that because it is so late in onset, she likely won't have disruptive symptoms for another 12 years. Mom asked him about how this affected her likelihood of needing long-term care, and he said it is way too early to be concerned about that.

We're each a bit gobsmacked...but prayers for her would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda