Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

I have a friend from work who miscarried back in Feb. She recently found out she was 6 weeks pregnant with twins. My boss called me today to tell me she is bleeding and has to be off today. Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers that everything is ok. thanks!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I think we should all take a moment to remember those that have lost their lives in the recent storms across the country. Today in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, there were at least 25 people that lost their lives, and today in Chattanooga, Tennessee, a person was also killed because they didn't make it to safety in time. Sending prayers that no more damage or death will occur and that their families will be safe and thought of in their time of loss.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Asking for prayers for my BFF Irene. She is just 45; peripheral artery disease and type 2 diabetes run in her family; she has both and has had two heart attacks while in her early 40s (one she didn't even know she had).

She knows she has to quit smoking and has had success and then gone back. A recent ultrasound showed that the vein on the right side of her neck (maybe artery?) is 70% narrowed. This will mean surgery; she is at high risk for stroke; she is really scared because this is what killed her mom.

She is throwing her cigarettes away on Saturday. Please sent prayers that she stays clean this time. She says it is all that she can do, and she thinks it is too late - but she is doing it.

Thanks.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Asking for prayers for my BFF Irene. She is just 45; peripheral artery disease and type 2 diabetes run in her family; she has both and has had two heart attacks while in her early 40s (one she didn't even know she had).

She knows she has to quit smoking and has had success and then gone back. A recent ultrasound showed that the vein on the right side of her neck (maybe artery?) is 70% narrowed. This will mean surgery; she is at high risk for stroke; she is really scared because this is what killed her mom.

She is throwing her cigarettes away on Saturday. Please sent prayers that she stays clean this time. She says it is all that she can do, and she thinks it is too late - but she is doing it.

Thanks.
    How is your BFF now?

Asking for prayers for my husbands family. As some of you know, his young cousin was killed by her boyfriend last Friday morning. The funeral is this coming Sunday. Please pray for them to have some way to get through this tragedy.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I have a co-worker who is having surgery for cancer today.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Please help

I would like to ask that everyone put Ratatat in their prayers. I love my rat and I don't want to see her go. I am trying to raise $900 dollars for her surgery using this site http://www.indiegogo.com/Surgery-for-my-pet-Ratatat (there is a picture of her on there) and if i don't reach my goal I'm donating all of the money I do receive to the Best Friends Animal Society. If you have some money to spare and would like to contribute please do but if you don't a prayer would be more than enough.

thank you all and god bless,
    Joshua

My co-worker who had the cancer surgery is recovering slowly. We had a nice note from her last week.

My sister-in-law's father has developed dementia. His dementia has changed and at times he now has periods of agitation. I'm sure it is scary for her to see him confused and agitated. My dad was confused for two days when he was in the hospital after his heart surgery and that was very scary.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

My mom was admitted to hospital last night after an afternoon of frequent vomiting and horrible cramps (no diarrhea). I drove to her place about 9:30 and had keys to get right into her apartment. At her age, dehydration is a big scare, so we drove down to Emerg and she got a bed in that department about an hour and a half later.

They put some Zofran in her IV for the nausea, and a light dose of morphine for the pain a little later. It was great to see her colour come back and that she was relaxed and comfortable.

Two sets of x-rays, blood work, and she was off for a CT Scan when I called this morning. The obstruction is a slight regrowth of adhesions that she had clipped about 20 years ago. The docs are going to use surgery as a last resort, and she'll be in for 2 or 3 days as they get her settled and fixed up.

She still was able to joke a bit - not lacking a sense of humour.

Prayers are appreciated - she's the only fambly I got!

I'm glad your mom is doing better, Candace. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Catty, I have lighted a candle for your Mom.............I pray she will be alright. It must have frightened you badly.

Thanks, Mary and Gini...I don't know how frightened I was...but she IS 78 albeit in good health. Yoga, power walks, etc - doesn't smoke and drinks very little - her Parkinson's meds have done wonders.

Yet she IS 78 - and she looked so frail, her voice hoarse from all the vomiting. I was close to crying a couple of times, but wanted to be there totally for her. I didn't leave til she felt ok and a plan of action had been determined.

Oddly, at one point she said, "Thank God we don't have to pay for any of this." The $13.00 for hospital parking was nothing.

Got to sleep at 3 am. Mom is totally worth getting tired over. And more.

Great thread.

Prayer for all and sundry.

This morning it was decided for Mom to have surgery - I got a phone message from a nurse asking if I could there there ASAP so Mom and I could meet before her surgery.

I got there about noon. She was taken to the OR at 1:40 - I was allowed to be in the pre-op area. By 4:30 pm she was in recovery; don't know how long she was there.

I waited til she was in her room at about 20 to 6. Apparently everything went well, no complications. I'll find out more tomorrow.

Came home finally and was locked out of my apartment. Long story, but all resolved now.

Prayers for my mom would be great.

Also, with work and mom and other life stuff, I am pretty stretched at the seams. I've had a few crying jags and will likely have a few more. But Mom will be ok, that's the important thing.

When the surgeon introduced himself to her this morning and explained what was going to happen she said, "I hope you had a good night's sleep." He wasn't quite sure what to make of that remark....

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Prayers to all who need them.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I have a co-worker who is having surgery for cancer today.

I am so happy, my co-worker is back at work today and she looks good! Thank You, God for answering our prayers for her.

Great news for your co-worker! Yaay!