Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Prayers for Taz Zoee for Bruce's mom.

Scooter's Mom, my mom has had benign tumors taken off her parathyroid gland twice. The first one she had the tumor and part of the gland removed. She is going for a biopsy in January because her calcium level is above 11 again. But apart from that she has done very well.

Originally Posted by Cassiesmom
    I have a big one, but I've seen PT prayers work miracles. My father and my brother had a construction business that has just closed. They owe staggering amounts of money to their creditors, which they definitely do not have. The calls and letters have escalated. The business owns a building which, if it would sell, would provide the funds to settle many of the debts. The real estate market stinks to say the least. So, everyone, could you pray that someone would want to buy the building. ...

I have GOOD NEWS- a potential buyer came to look at the building yesterday and came back today - so we are hoping. Please pray that either this might be "the one" or the financial situation might ease up somehow. ...

Well, there's an offer. It's not the offer we wanted, but it's an offer. The bad news is all the fees and taxes that will be owed. Grrrrrr! ...

Update to the update. Because of zoning issues, the transaction needs to past first the Planning and Zoning Commission and then the full city council. It's in a residential neighborhood but the business was there before the zoning ordinance took effect. Please keep praying. ...

The P&Z commissioner came in and took a look around. There's nothing that isn't fixable. The buyer is still interested. Thank you for your prayers about that. ...

Planning and Zoning Commission meets tomorrow evening -- please pray it will go through.
    It passed the P&Z meeting, 5 to 2. City council is apparently just a formality to act on the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Scooter's Mom, my mom has had benign tumors taken off her parathyroid gland twice. The first one she had the tumor and part of the gland removed. She is going for a biopsy in January because her calcium level is above 11 again. But apart from that she has done very well.
    Thanks for that. It's very unnerving!
    The endocrinologist is booking into APRIL right now. But since my neurologist is related to him by marriage, I might be able to get in a little sooner. I'm hoping anyway! I tried all day yesterday to make an appointment, but we kept missing each other (hard for me to take calls at work...)

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    How is Bruce's mom doing? If she has remained active at her age, then that is definitely a plus for her. The not so good results usually occur when people are in poor physical condition to start with, or they just give up.
    I fractured my hip last February. I did not have a hip replacement - just a huge rod put in the top portion of my femur. It was 4 days in the hospital, a week in the rehab center, and then home in a wheel chair. I had home therapy for about a month until I could get out on my own with a walker, then outpatient therapy for about 3 months, and now I'm pretty much back to normal. I don't even use my cane anymore! I'm a little shorter and walk with a small limp - but other than that and being extra achey in the cold weather - I'm back to normal (whatever that is!). It was a long haul and not easy by any means, but not nearly as bad as I had heard (even from my doctor). Hopefully she'll do as well as I did!
    Thank you for asking. We went to visit her last night. She is doing okay. She's very cranky. Complains about the hospital food, LOL. And she is in a LOT of pain too. I guess today she had a mishap with her IV line and bled out a lot. One step forward, two steps back.
    And she is not going to be home for Christmas either. She thought she might get out of the hospital on Monday (now I don't know with what happened today), and then it's a week in the rehab home. So we will be celebrating Christmas with her later.
    This has really brought her down. I expected a more positive attitude from her but I'm not seeing it. Although she did mention being able to hike again evenutally, so that's a positive thing.

Thank you, cassiesmom, for the prayers. I think that is what is keeping her going.

Crystal, I am still keeping you in my thoughts and hope you feel better soon. Also anyone else that needs them.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Thank you for asking. We went to visit her last night. She is doing okay. She's very cranky. Complains about the hospital food, LOL. And she is in a LOT of pain too. I guess today she had a mishap with her IV line and bled out a lot. One step forward, two steps back.
    And she is not going to be home for Christmas either. She thought she might get out of the hospital on Monday (now I don't know with what happened today), and then it's a week in the rehab home. So we will be celebrating Christmas with her later.
    This has really brought her down. I expected a more positive attitude from her but I'm not seeing it. Although she did mention being able to hike again evenutally, so that's a positive thing.

Thank you, cassiesmom, for the prayers. I think that is what is keeping her going.

Crystal, I am still keeping you in my thoughts and hope you feel better soon. Also anyone else that needs them.
    There's something about getting older that makes us cranky, not all the time of course, but we hate the thought of it. It's embarrassing to not be able to do some of the things that we used to do and then have to ask for help yet. I'm still young but once in a while I have to ask for help, such as driving at night; I just can't see well at night any more. So that could be why Bruce's mom isn't as positive as she could be. Then she caught herself and mentioned hiking again. She's going to be alright. Whether your celebrate Christmas now or later, the important thing is that you'll be celebrating.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    I just found out one of my coworkers from the hospital lost her baby. I have no details but she only had about 6-10 weeks left in the pregnancy.
    Please send up prayers for her and her family and other children.
    Please continue to keep this family in your prayers.
    My friend's brother in law (her husband's brother) and his wife also had a stillborn baby on Dec 10th. It would have been the third child for both sets of parents.
    Its rather eerie this happened to them as well so far along in the pregnancy.
    I know my friend didn't do an autopsy on Sidney but not sure about the other family. So as far as I know they don't know why it happened.
    Thank you.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    Please continue to keep this family in your prayers.
    My friend's brother in law (her husband's brother) and his wife also had a stillborn baby on Dec 10th. It would have been the third child for both sets of parents.
    Its rather eerie this happened to them as well so far along in the pregnancy.
    I know my friend didn't do an autopsy on Sidney but not sure about the other family. So as far as I know they don't know why it happened.
    Thank you.
    Oh my goodness, how sad. These families will be in my thoughts.

And thank you Mary, for your response. You are right.
    Although, last night she bled out from her incision and had to have a blood transfusion. So she won't be released today. She is not happy with the staff at this hospital, and it's supposed to be a good hospital. Stanford!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

PT, your prayers are helping!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiesmom
    I have a big one, but I've seen PT prayers work miracles. My father and my brother had a construction business that has just closed. They owe staggering amounts of money to their creditors, which they definitely do not have. The calls and letters have escalated. The business owns a building which, if it would sell, would provide the funds to settle many of the debts. The real estate market stinks to say the least. So, everyone, could you pray that someone would want to buy the building. ...

I have GOOD NEWS- a potential buyer came to look at the building yesterday and came back today - so we are hoping. Please pray that either this might be "the one" or the financial situation might ease up somehow. ...

Well, there's an offer. It's not the offer we wanted, but it's an offer. The bad news is all the fees and taxes that will be owed. Grrrrrr! ...

Update to the update. Because of zoning issues, the transaction needs to past first the Planning and Zoning Commission and then the full city council. It's in a residential neighborhood but the business was there before the zoning ordinance took effect. Please keep praying. ...

The P&Z commissioner came in and took a look around. There's nothing that isn't fixable. The buyer is still interested. Thank you for your prayers about that. ...

Planning and Zoning Commission meets tomorrow evening -- please pray it will go through. ...

It passed the P&Z meeting, 5 to 2. City council is apparently just a formality to act on the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission.
    Annnnnnnd... it was on the January City Council meeting agenda, but because the paperwork was submitted and processed in time, it has been moved up to the December meeting! That means the money arrives a month earlier than expected and some of the creditors get paid ... whew! Thank you PT!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Well Bruce's mom was released from the hospital today and went to a temporary nursing facility. So we will be going there (in 10 minutes) to visit. Bruce's brother reserved a room for a couple hours where we can have dinner and visit. Only problem is Bruce's nephew is sick so him and his mom won't be joining us.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Sending prayers out to everyone who needs them and hoping that your gatherings are full of happiness and void of all the family BS......

Make it a point to repair at least one bad relationship this season.

It's a real cheap gift and a sign that you are bigger than any problem they had with YOU before hand....

Amen!

Bless you all!

I would also like to send out holiday thoughts and prayers to all those that need them.

Richard has some great advice. Life is too short for ongoing squabbles. My wish for the new year is that we can all get along and have peace on this earth.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Barbara - Rest Peacefully, dear girl

I did not get to visit her...I was near there, and the computer jobs went late into the night. I hope she forgives me - and that the people I spoke with passed on my love to her, as I asked.
    Received: Wednesday, December 27, 2000, 7:46 AM

2008, December 27

Dear Family and Friends,

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Barbara peacefully died at 0220 this morning. I was with her at the end holding her hand, and have just helped staff members wash her: she asked me to do this a number of years ago and I found that doing so gave me great comfort. We have shared with you her amazing journey during the last six and a half years and in many ways we had come to expect yet another miraculous recovery, but it was not to be and she has finally found rest. We shall start to make funeral arrangements today and I shall let you all know them when they are finalized. One again I have to thank you all for your support throughout Barbara’s journey and particularly for the amazing number of visits to see Barbara and for all your messages of support that we have received during the last month. There is much that I could and will say but now is not the time. Barbara has left a significant number of poems that she has written over the last 20 years and I should like to share two that are poignantly apt for this time although she wrote them in January 1995. They are the second and third poems of a longer piece entitled “Triptych for Myself”

With all my love,

Peter

SPIRAL

So cool, so calm is the geological,
    Biological analysis
    Of life and death.
    So, I’m a mere blip in the scheme of things!
    There’s nothing in the future for me?
    The world is as unaffected by me
    As it was before my first infant yell?

Can you not see the stinging tears
    The wrenching fear of the death times?
    If you had ever learned to love,
    You’d know what you could lose.
    Your glib logic negates my thinning skin.
    I see the signs of change
    As clear as puberty ever was.

Yes, you have it all wrapped up,
    Tidy, swept, arranged,
    But my will, my desire is to
    Rage against the dying of the light.
    I knock all your logic
    In the scatter of my anger.

Can you not hear Lear rail
    Against the contentious storm,
    The pelting rain
    Of assured destiny?

NEXUS

Did you forget how love feels?
    A dawning, a disbelief
    That this is for you;
    You surface and dive again
    Into trembling anticipation.

Can you not remember how
    You walked alone and
    Learned the shape and sound
    Of every tree?
    How you loved the tallest two,
    How you whispered secrets
    And felt their wisdom?

That was for always,
    Love is for always;
    The line of smiles is no empty metaphor.
    It is how the trees might remember you
    After you are gone.

Be still
    Take comfort
    And rage no more

Barbara Sherrington

July 29, 1947 – December 27, 2008
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I did not get to visit her...I was near there, and the computer jobs went late into the night. I hope she forgives me - and that the people I spoke with passed on my love to her, as I asked.
    Received: Wednesday, December 27, 2000, 7:46 AM

2008, December 27

Dear Family and Friends,

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Barbara peacefully died at 0220 this morning. I was with her at the end holding her hand, and have just helped staff members wash her: she asked me to do this a number of years ago and I found that doing so gave me great comfort. We have shared with you her amazing journey during the last six and a half years and in many ways we had come to expect yet another miraculous recovery, but it was not to be and she has finally found rest. We shall start to make funeral arrangements today and I shall let you all know them when they are finalized. One again I have to thank you all for your support throughout Barbara’s journey and particularly for the amazing number of visits to see Barbara and for all your messages of support that we have received during the last month. There is much that I could and will say but now is not the time. Barbara has left a significant number of poems that she has written over the last 20 years and I should like to share two that are poignantly apt for this time although she wrote them in January 1995. They are the second and third poems of a longer piece entitled “Triptych for Myself”

With all my love,

Peter

I'm sure that Barbara feels that no forgiveness is necessary. She knows how you felt about her and I'm also sure that your messages were passed on to her. I'm sorry for your loss, Candace. I wish you peace and am giving you a big cyber (((HUG))) right now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

oh Candice i also am so very sorry for your loss

Also those poems touched my heart so much...i wanted to read and reread to really grasp the special meaning it sends,she was an amazing person to write such lovely poems.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

THANK YOU again, PT!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiesmom
    Originally Posted by Cassiesmom

Planning and Zoning Commission meets tomorrow evening -- please pray it will go through. ...

It passed the P&Z meeting, 5 to 2. City council is apparently just a formality to act on the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission. ...

Annnnnnnd... it was on the January City Council meeting agenda, but because the paperwork was submitted and processed in time, it has been moved up to the December meeting! That means the money arrives a month earlier than expected and some of the creditors get paid ... whew! Thank you PT!
    And one final update: The City Council acted on the favorable recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission. So, after the New Year, some of the creditors get paid and some of the evil calls to my dad and my brother will go away. There are no words to tell you what a HUGE relief this is. Thank you PT!

Continuing prayers for all, for better health and resolution to difficult situations. May 2009 be the best year yet.

Candace, Barbara's poems are such a lovely gift, very moving. So sorry for your loss.

Elyse, I'm so glad its all working out for your dad & brother. They will be able to put this in the past and move on to new beginnings - a perfect start for the New Year!