Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    My mom got a call at 2:30 am - her youngest sister, Cathy, has been in hospital with pneumonia for several days, and then took a bad turn. Cathy's son was called in Nova Scotia to get there ASAP to say his goodbyes. Meanwhile, Cathy got a huge dose of an antibiotic, and seems to be rallying - and is feisty as she argued about her son coming: "Why did you call him? He has to work!" etc

PLEASE prayers for Cathy that she will continue to rally and heal...THANK YOU!
    Prayers on the way, Candace....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Prayers for everyone, I haven't checked who needs prayers in a while, my apologies.

Richard, I went through probate when my mom died, we were all pretty agreeable and it was still hell, I cannot imagine what you are going through, and it does indeed take years. You will be in my prayers, I still need to get a mammogram in your mom's honor, I promise to do it soon, I think about her all the time.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Me gots a little LES at the moment, Thanks for the prayers... they seem to have worked... I'll post the story when I get my machine back online...You all rock!

I have two requests tonight.

One - my brother-in-law's cousin Ryan, who is a college student on an internship, was involved in a car accident. This happened on Tuesday. He was in the back seat. He was initially in the ICU, moved to a general floor, but his internal injuries are still being assessed.

Two - my fifth grade teacher's husband Fred was burned on his hands and face at work. He is out of the hospital now. His face has healed well, but his hands are painful and slow to heal. He is taking a lot of pain meds, which have made him very nauseated and don't help the pain as much as he would like.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Prayers to you, RICHARD - and to cassiesmom, I hope both Ryan and Fred heal fully and quickly.

News on my aunt: x-rays this afternoon showed less fluid in the lungs; they have added blood thinners to the mix to help reduce the fluid. Last night she needed 21 liters of oxygen; today she was down to 6.

She is not out of the woods yet, but there is progress. THANK YOU for your prayers so far and any more you can spare.

Prayers to all those that need and want them here at PT and beyond.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Update

From my cousin's wife - he is in Winnipeg, she is keeping everyone informed from their home base in Halifax.

Hi again - no real news to report. This is good. Cathy has held on through another night and seems to be continuing to make small improvements especially since Brad has been there. She's a little less agitated and more responsive. They are going to take more Xrays today and see where things are at but the results won't be in for hours.
    I will keep you posted as I learn more.
    Take care - prayers seem to be working.
    Thank you for those who are praying - keep 'em coming!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Prayers to all in need.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Good news.

"OK - things are looking better. Cathy is down to 1 litre of oxygen which is good. Her lungs are clearing. They decided to wait to do another xray until tomorrow or possibly later just to let things progress a bit more. I really didn't understand why they are waiting. But everyone is encouraged by what they see. She is still under constant care but more lucid, less agitated and Brad arranged for a TV for her so now she has CNN.
    All very encouraging news. Pass it on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    Saying extra prayers for you, and sending some ((Hugs)) your way. You've been on my mind a lot lately. I hope that things are improving for you.
    Thank you so much. I never remember to come to this thread on a regular basis and I am so touched that you thought of me.

I had an interview today but I don't think I'm meant to have this job. I am also doing a job search club which is teaching me new techniques that I am finding really positive.

Other than that, I am doing ok. When I allow myself to think about it, I can feel panic in my throat so I think I am in a little bit of denial, but I hope that I can get through it.

Re: My aunt - she is being released from hospital today, and my mom is flying to Winnipeg right now to help her out with groceries, etc.

My aunt is the youngest - Mom is the oldest. No doubt Auntie will get some gentle (ahem) chiding on stopping smoking, and not being a 100% couch potato. Heck, this pneumonia nearly killed her...her overall health and immune system need a boost!

THANK YOU for all your prayers.

This is my 10,000th post so I will just be THANKFUL!

i am so thankful for all of my Pet Talk Friends! You are all the best, Best, BEST!!

Thank you each and everyone,

Elyse and Cassie Kitty

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Congratulations, and thank you for your loving participation and all 10,000 posts!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    my brother-in-law's cousin Ryan, who is a college student on an internship, was involved in a car accident. This happened on Tuesday. He was in the back seat. He was initially in the ICU, moved to a general floor, but his internal injuries are still being assessed.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Update ... he is at his grandmother's home in the Chicago area and doing much better, thank you for praying!

Great news, Elyse!! Congratulations to you for 10,000 wonderful posts. You are one of the nicest people we have in our community. Thanks for being here.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Prayers on the way for everyone that needs them!