Page 89 of 216 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

prayers for all our friends, and ther dogs.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    I understand the concern about the child - do you have a witness who can say Mac was playing? He'd have to have made threatening sounds and movements, right?

And what about Tehya's injury? Does that count for nothing, legally?

I hope she pays for the vet bill!
    There was no one else there--just her, me and her kids. It's actually the first time in over 2 years of running on Mondays(i don't work on Mondays ever) that we've ever run into anyone on that trail. I've never seen her out walking before. She's not one of the regulars that we pass frequently.

I didn't take Tehya to the vet. I had everything I needed at home to take care of her injury. It's not major and she seems to be healing up nicely. There could be a fine for an out of control dog and allowing a dog to bite another dog for what happened to Tehya, but I suspect all the focus will be on Mac.

The AC officer is coming out at 7pm PST tonight. Both Mac and Tehya will be introduced to him.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Prayers and good thoughts for the meeting. I know you have a great reputation with vets and AC and all.

I hope the officer is a reasonable person.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

More prayers for Mac, poor guy was just trying to be friendly.
    Adding prayers for all the humans, too.

8:50 PM CST and I'm anxious for you, Tamara... I hope everything will go fine and I hope your past history with animal control - plus the fact that you've used that trail literally for years and never passed other users - plus the fact that Mac has run alongside the team, also, literally, for years and never had even one problem, will all go in your favor. Fingers crossed and God's been dialed... elyse

10:15 and I'm still anxious ... I figured the AC officer would be gone by now
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 02-20-2008 at 10:13 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

what an unfortunate situation, Glacier. I hope Mac isn't labeled as a "dangerous" dog now - he only wanted to PLAY not hurt the kid and I am sorry Tehya got hurt by that dog that wasn't being controlled by their "owner" - I pray that Mac wont have to be pts. it was an accident. lots of good thoughts and prayers going out to you, Mac, and Tehya. I hope Tehya has a speedy recovery. (((HUGS))) and that Mac will have another chance with you.. which I am sure he will since your reputation is good with the AC.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Why is play bowing illegal?! I don't get that. I get Kia and Chipper to play bow to me all the time and they've done it to kids that want to wrestle. Maybe I better check the local laws.

Many more prayers for those that need it and for darling Mac. *HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier

The AC officer is coming out at 7pm PST tonight.
    Both Mac and Tehya will be introduced to him.
    Hi God ~

Hope You had a minnit to Zip down to the Yukon fur da Big Meeting tanite.

Figger You might be able ta Help.

We'll all be krossin Pawz & Klawz fur ole Mac ...
    Make sure da AC Guy getsa really GOOD Impression of allua da FurKids.

An Please, help HIDE a few KATZ!

THANKS, God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth

Why is play bowing illegal?!
    "Play Bows" are prolly OK ...

"Kid Tipping" is prolly *frowned upon*.

And then *Grabbing* the lil Kid's jacket hood and *towing him around like a bobsled*
    was no doubt pushing a good thing a bit too far.

HOPEFULLY not a Major Crime against the Crown and Humanity.

Oh my, I'm just now seeing this about Mac. Glacier, you and Mac are most definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Give that boy a hug from me please!

The AC guy left a little while ago. He was very nice. He said he'd never had anyone provide him a written statement. I typed one out yesterday. That threw him a bit.

There is apparently a bite mark on the kid's buttock. The skin isn't broken, more like a bruise shaped like teeth. I didn't see Mac do that, but I can't deny he might have.

This guy has no authority to make a final decision. He just collects the information. That kinda works in my favor, or it could anyway. The guy who makes the final decision knows us well on a personal level.

I asked what he thought might happen. He initially said "not much" due to the fact that Mac has no history with AC. There's never been a complaint of any kind about any of my dogs before this. He said he would consider this a fairly minor incident in the grand scheme of things, but that a dangerous dog designation is possible. He did say that he could not see a euthansia order for this. Much of what happens depends on what the victim wants. If they are satisfied with a fine or other more minor punishment, then that's what the AC department will do.

I have to file a seperate complaint about her dog, if I want to pursue that. I'm not going to. That's just going to make things worse.

It will likely be late next week before any decision is reached.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

{{{hugs}}}

Glad the guy was nice - and you providing a written statement makes you look even better, if you know what I mean.

This week might seem to take forever - but remember that all the AC people are on your side, and on Mac's!

Hopefully the woman will calm down, and not demand anything stupid.

You're in the good here. Prayers comin' your way!

How is Tehya feeling now?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Andy got the job! Call came shortly after my last post but we were heading out to meet his parents. Orientation is Saturday and he can start as soon as he wants. He'll put in his two weeks notice tomorrow.

Thanks for all the prayers!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    {{{hugs}}}

Hopefully the woman will calm down, and not demand anything stupid.

How is Tehya feeling now?
    I don't think she's worked up at all. Probably calmer than I would be if the situation was reversed! It wasn't even her that called AC. It was a friend of her husband's who made the first report. Her husband is out of town until Friday night. She left me a very nice message tonight, perfectly calm, said she just wanted to know how things were going for me since "the incident". I'm going to call her back tomorrow. I'd really like her to come over here and meet Mac when he's acting like Mac!

Tehya is fine. Her foot is still a little swollen, but she's walking normally, harassing Chum and basically acting like she always does. She has enjoyed a couple nights of big bed snuggles!
    --John Irving

THANKS for *sittin in*, God!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier

The AC guy left a little while ago. He was very nice.

I asked what he thought might happen.
    He initially said "not much" due to the fact that Mac has no history with AC.

There's never been a complaint of any kind about any of my dogs before this.

He said he would consider this a fairly minor incident in the grand scheme of things,
    but that a dangerous dog designation is possible.
    He did say that he could not see a euthansia order for this.

Much of what happens depends on what the victim wants.

It will likely be late next week before any decision is reached.
    Well ... all things considered, I'd say it sounds like the interview went pretty well!

Maybe a little plush Husky cuddle toy sent to The lil Kid from Mac might help
    to take the edge off things ... WITH a hand-written note from You.

Take a deep breath, {{{Hug}}} Mac, and {{{HuggA}}} Hubby.

We'll keep on Talking wiff God.

Butt ... if things get *tense ~ We'll head North in the Rescue Bus!