Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Barbara

Thank you all for your prayers.

Peter just phoned me (Barbara's husband). He said they met with the oncologist yesterday - and he has the MRI scans right in front of him.

The brain tumour which appeared over a year ago and resisted treatment has metastesized badly...there is no point in any treatment.

Barbara will not have visitors until she is in hospice - right now, Peter says, "she alternates between sleeping and sobbing". She is very distressed after the great and upward fight she has been engaged in these last 6 1/2 years.

Prayers please for Peter and Barbara.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Catty 1
    Prayers are on the way!!I feel so bad when i hear this...especially the sobbing all the time.Life can be so hard
    This is so sad.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Came back to let you all know that my grandmother's sister passed away. Please keep my grandma in your thoughts.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Hugs and prayers to your grandma, Kay...I wish her peace. She is having a very hard time (not that you aren't).

I hope she knows that people she has never met are wishing her the best, and feeling for her.

Yes, I need lots of prayers for my mom...

read here: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=148978
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Prayers for all of those that need it. Prayers needed for my Logan kitty. He's at MSU and very sick.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    All tests indicate that I have a tumor on one of my parathyroid glands. This causes very high calcium levels, which can cause headaches (as one symptom) and my dr. says he's seen people be diagnosed as clinically crazy from the high calcium levels (where their calcium levels were lower than mine!). I am waiting for a referral to a surgeon who can 1) give me a 2nd opinion and 2) get rid of it. I mostly need prayers for patience.
    Still waiting for the referral - found out it needs to be for an endocrinologist before it can be for a surgeon. Have to follow all the correct procedures.

My neurologist gave me some medicine that should help block the calcium and prevent it from going up any higher.

Hubby is frightened, as I begged him to just let me die this morning, the pain in my head is so bad, every day.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    Still waiting for the referral - found out it needs to be for an endocrinologist before it can be for a surgeon. Have to follow all the correct procedures.

My neurologist gave me some medicine that should help block the calcium and prevent it from going up any higher.

Hubby is frightened, as I begged him to just let me die this morning, the pain in my head is so bad, every day.
    Goodness, until such time as you see the endocrinologist, isn't there something that they can give you for pain besides the calcium blocker? I'm so sorry that you're in so much pain and prayers are going up right now that this will cease and you will get relief.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Just stopped by to give everyone my love and some *hugs*.

Grandma is still in the hospital. I haven't heard much yet, but they do know that she has an infection in her blood from an untreated bladder infection. Which seems kind of sketchy, because aren't bladder infections pretty painful?

Her fever has gone down, but it goes back up to 102-103 every night. Any idea why this is?

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Goodness - so many people needing so many prayers. It always seems so much more tragic during the holiday season.
    To all of you needing those prayers - many are going up from me and the gang here in Delaware. May you all find peace and healing. Bless you all!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Scooter's Mom - I hope the calcium blocker gives you some relief - but heavens, is there anything else they can give you for the pain? Gosh, that breaks my heart....

Maybe hubby can get on the phone and ask? At least to speed up the referral? Get you on a cancellation list for the Endo person?

I hope you get treatment SOON!

Stay with us, hon...prayers that the pain goes away, lessens...

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Scooter's Mom - I hope the calcium blocker gives you some relief - but heavens, is there anything else they can give you for the pain? Gosh, that breaks my heart....
    Most typical pain meds they'd give me will cause rebound migraines, which would just make the situation worse. Even something simple like ibuprofen can cause (and does in my case) rebound headaches.

My insurance will only cover 4 imitrex a month. I have that many migraines a week most of the time. I'm on a preventative, I have had MRI's and CT scans to make sure nothing else is going on, all we found is the calcium being high. I just have to wait until I can see the endocrinologist.

I just don't know if I can.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

OH Crystal, I'm so sorry to hear all that you're going through!! I hope you can get into that doctor/endocrinologist soon! You'd think they'd take emergency visits to get you on to where you need to go. Gosh, how frustrating to have to wait when you really need to be seen now.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that you'll be seen and having everything taken care of.

Hugs to you!!!

Crystal - if imitrex works for you, can you or your husband please ask the doctor if there are any samples from the drug companies that can be given to you?

Here is the contact information for the company that makes Imitrex. Sometimes the company can be of great help in getting a few more to you.

http://www.multum.com/AboutMultum.htm

HUGS!

Lots of prayers being sent to everyone that needs them.

PLEASE pray for my grandpa. He is not feeling well at all and needs lots of prayers right now. Thank you all so much.

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."
    -Anonymous