Page 87 of 216 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Oh my. Many prayers for a successful surgery.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Prayers for Bob and Liz. I hope they can clear all the cancer.

It's gonna be a long road, but they will prevail.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers for my mom, please...

On April 25, 2006, my sister died of aspirational pneumonia, which is what her MS eventually caused. She had had a few close calls but was intubated in time. This last time, she was intubated on a Friday night, spent Saturday on life support, Sunday was breathing on her own, and went back to the long-term facility on Monday.

My mom got a call from the RN on Tuesday morning as Darcia started to fail. Her body just couldn't fight any more. She died about 6 pm that day. She was 48 years old.

Tomorrow, February 18, Darcia would have been 50. I talked with my mom tonight, and she started to cry.

I miss my sister - but nothing compares to the grief of a mom who lost her baby girl, the youngest.

Please send prayers and good thoughts her way.

Thank you so much.

C

Candice-I am saying VERY strong prayers your way and extra for you Dear Mom.This is very very sad.
    I too lost my baby brother John a few months before the 9/11 attack from a motorcycle accident that wasn't his fault.
    My mom died of diebetes and heart troubles 2 years after his death.She would of lived if she hadn't given up life because of the loss she carried for her baby son 29 years old(Her favorite kid by the way).
    (He was my favorite in the family too..we were extreemly close)
    So...believe me...your mom's grief I DO understand.any parent losing their kid...dies inside after.Your mom needs daily support to go on.
    Phone calls...jokes to make her laugh.Or bring up some VERY funny happy memorys of your sister...of all of you growing up together...anything to make her remember all the fun you guys all had.
    not the bad stuff...just the good.or make fun of the bad stuff in a funny way by saying...what a crab apple someone else was in the family...anything to make her laugh.
    It's hard to remember those fun days in such a sad state.
    Prayers strong...positive thoughts your mom's way.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Catfamily - thank you so much.

My mom is fortunate in that she is resilient. She used to exercise - power walks, the Y - to help her with the stress of dealing with my sister's health, even after Darcia had gone into long-term care.

A few months after Darcia died, she kind of faded out of that - yet one day, gave herself a kick in the butt (her expression) and got back into keeping fit.

Now, two years later, she has started volunteering with the city Literacy group, and is going for training - she is getting back with people.

Days like tomorrow will be hard - I called her back this evening and we arranged to have our dinner tomorrow night.

With all her resilience, she is still a mom, and that was still her baby.

I am so sorry for your loss of your brother...and can understand how your mom 'gave up' even though she loved all her kids.

{{{{hugs}}}} to you.

C

Thanks cadice.
    My mom loved all of us but he was the baby and the circumstances behind what was going on at the time of her being pregnant with him was a story in itself.My exstepdad was such a creep...his dad.
    But she ended up loving him so VERY much after he was born and he accually gave her her life back when he was born.
    So i understand why he was her favorite.
    And what a cutey pie he was.

Keep strong and tell your mom the same.I hope she'll get through your sister's b'day ok tomorrow ok.

I know it's real hard for me...on a daily basis.with the loss of my only 2 members of my family that were decent human beings.
    But my cats help.And Mike has been great.

Prayers for everyone who needs them here.
    Your all in them.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Good thoughts for everyone. I hope the surgery is a great success for Bob.; my my dental surgery pale when I think of him!

I will also be thinking of you and your Mom today Candace. Im sure your sister is watching over you both.

Ramanth, any news on the job for Andy yet? Good luck! And just an afterthought - Terry Prachett ( the author you are enjoying right now) was recently diagnosed with Alzeimers so please spare a kind thought and a prayer for him too.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Could you please add my dog, Mac to the list? I can't go into details right now, but we have an Animal Control issue that could have dire consequences for him.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

**Please May We Pray for Gayle {queen pf poop} for All She Is Going Thru Right Now** Praying for her Safty & Healing Internal & External.. Thank You All ..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier

Could you please add my dog, Mac, to the list?

We have an Animal Control issue that could have dire consequences for him.

HI, God ~~~

Is there any munnie inna Bail Fund?

We need sum HELP up inna Yukon fur our buddie Mac - wunna Miz Glacier's sled haulers ...

Sumpin bout a lil problem wiffa Animal Kontroll Folks ... and that's neber *good* wiffa DAWG!

We kan all write sum "character rekkomendationz" fur Mac; and we'll all speak up fur Miz Glacier -
    see if that'll Help da Cause.

Make sure da Animal Kontroll folks all know:
    * He din't mean ta do it
    * He won't do it again
    * He's REEL SORRIE iffin he dun it
    * He'll do Kommunitee Service in exchange fur Jail Tyme

Please God, see iffin You can *FIX* dis up, OK?

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    Could you please add my dog, Mac to the list? I can't go into details right now, but we have an Animal Control issue that could have dire consequences for him.
    Poor Mac...I hope all will be ok.prayers for Mac from us in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by catfamily
    Poor Mac...I hope all will be ok. prayers for Mac from us in Maine.
    Same here, prayers from me in Chicago for Mac and family.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Poor Mac ... I hope all will be ok. Prayers for Mac from us in Maine.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom

Same here, prayers from me in Chicago for Mac and family.
    I exchanged a e-mails with Tamara yesterday ...
    She was expecting the Animal Control Officer to revisit the Ranch after he started
    work at 3:30 pm PST (~~ 7:00 pm Eastern time).

She made no mention of what the problem was.
    I offered that we could write Letters of Support for her ...
    She said she'd let us know if she thought that would help.

Again, Prayers of Support and prayers that poor Mac can be forgiven, are about all we can do.
    Please keep Tamara, Mac, and all the other Sled Haulers in your thoughts.

/s/ Phred

My thoughts and prayers are going out to Tamara, Mac and family. I feel deeply worried seeing this
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Same as above post. I hope it all turns out okay. We are pulling for you buddy.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008