Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Please pray for my family and friends in Italy. I still don't know if anyone in my family was affected. I am feeling so sad for all the people that died or that are homeless.

My family in Italy is safe but they all felt the quake. They live 180 miles away from the epicenter. It happened at about 3.30 am. and everyone in thier condo evacuated. I just saw on CNN that the death toll has risen to 150.

I wonder how kittycats_delight is doing? She is over there!

Glad to hear your family is safe, beeniesmom.

Prayers for everyone - so much destruction and uprooting.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm glad that all is well w/your loved ones. How frightened you (and they) must have been.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Thanks to all that have offered up prayers to Breanna. This girl continues her very courageous uphill battle and fight for life. She is still at Duke and on the lung bypass machine, and the doctors have not yet determined when they will attempt to take her off with the hopes that her lungs will have rested enough for her to be able to breathe on her own.
    Needless to say, her family is at their wits end, and totally drained, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Continued prayers for Breanna and her parents are all any of us can do right now.

And Elyse - thank you for the candles that you have been lighting for Breanna thru all of this. How very thoughtful of you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Thanks to all that have offered up prayers to Breanna. This girl continues her very courageous uphill battle and fight for life. She is still at Duke and on the lung bypass machine, and the doctors have not yet determined when they will attempt to take her off with the hopes that her lungs will have rested enough for her to be able to breathe on her own.
    Needless to say, her family is at their wits end, and totally drained, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Continued prayers for Breanna and her parents are all any of us can do right now.

And Elyse - thank you for the candles that you have been lighting for Breanna thru all of this. How very thoughtful of you!
    Prayers still continuing for Breanna.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Need a Prayer

A member of our congregation at church suffered a stroke yesterday and is in hospital.they have given him a new drug that seems to be helping there is some paralysis and speech is garbled.he may be abler to come home later in the week depending on the progress the are making with it.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Prayers for all those that need them.

My grandma and aunt are both having surgery on Tuesday to remove skin cancer from their nose. My grandma will then have plastic surgery on Wednesday to rebuild her nose.

Grandma is a trooper and while she is calm about the initial surgery (it's her second one), she's really upset about the plastic surgery. She says she's afraid she'll end up looking like Michael Jackson.

Prayers and good thoughts for them both.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Some of you might have heard/read about this if you live in the Chicago area. A woman was found dead in the trunk of her car. Her killer confessed to his attorney, who went and found the car and the woman inside. Turned out they were the parents of one of my sister-in-law's middle school students. She has another student who has post-traumatic stress and is hyperactive -- he has a nearly impossible time staying focused in school. They come to school with so much in their home lives, it's often hard for them to learn. So- if you could say a prayer for my sister-in-law Karen and her middle schoolers. Some good news - They are having the school musical in a few weeks and that is going well, and then right after that the eighth grade trip to Washington, D.C. Every year there are a few eighth graders who can't afford the trip and that just breaks my heart. But it is always a great experience for those who go.

Thanks,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Prayers still continuing for Breanna.....
    from here too

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Prayers needed for my brother

I've come here too much lately asking for your prayers, and this time it's for my brother Charlie.
    He's 74 years old with a lot of serious health issues, and he had a routine surgery a couple of weeks ago for a cervical fusion. He was home and doing good, and he sounded great when I talked to him on Easter.
    Today he had an appointment with his primary care doc, and while there he suddenly lost all feeling, turned gray, and collapsed right in the office. He was rushed by ambulance to a nearby hospital. His blood pressure had dropped to a dangerous 60/40 - and he suffers from high blood pressure.
    He had an EKG and CT scan done at the hospital, but so far I haven't heard the results, but he has regained the feeling that he lost. I just don't know what's happening and it's so frustrating!!
    Every time the phone rings, I nearly jump out of my skin, and I'm so afraid to answer it. I just can't even fathom the thought of losing him since we are the only 2 left. It was 5 years ago this month that we lost our other brother.
    Please say a prayer that he can get thru this. He's a tough old bird, but he really has me scared this time!
    Thanks for listening. I'm alone this week since my crew is on vacation, and I needed to "talk" to someone!

Update: Just talked to Charlie - he's home from the hospital and sounds great! They ran all kinds of tests and can't find anything wrong, so they don't know what happened. His neurosurgeon that performed the recent surgery has been contacted, as they think it could be related to that - maybe a temporary massive nerve problem, since he was completely paralyzed for a period of time. But that doesn't explain that drastic drop in blood pressure - to me anyway. He scared the daylights out of everyone - including himself - but he's back and ready to get on with life. Like he told me - he's got too much he still wants to do and isn't ready to check out yet!

Mary - thanks a bunch! You're a real gem!
    Last edited by pomtzu; 04-14-2009 at 05:06 PM.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Cousin Needs Prayers

My Cousin emailed me last night to say her boyfriend Norm has Prostate Cancer.He goes in on May 13th to have a procedure done.Hope they get rid of the cancer.I will let you know how it turns out.
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

Dear ones... Would you say a prayer for my brother Ray. He changed jobs 15 months ago after the family business finally fizzed out. There has been one round of layoffs, which he made it through but took a pay cut. He has a meeting on Wednesday and it sounds like this may be another round of layoffs.

My job is still intact for now but the union is down to 7,000 active members. If it keeps falling I'm not sure how much longer they will keep me on. God is good to me, though - he has never let one door closed without opening another.

Thanks,
    Elyse

{{{{{ELYSE}}}}} I'm sending thoughts and prayers out to your brother and to you. I hope it works out well for both of you.

I am sending thoughts and prayers out to everyone here that's asking for some.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Elyse - prayers for both you and your brother.

And of course, prayers to all PTers and their loved ones too.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013