Page 88 of 216 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

All paws crossed, we're praying for you, Mac. Tamara, if there's anything we can do to help, please ask.

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002
    **Please May We Pray for Gayle {queen pf poop} for All She Is Going Thru Right Now** Praying for her Safty & Healing Internal & External.. Thank You All ..
    I'd seen her post, has anyone heard from her yet?

Prayers on the way for her and for Mac. I hope it all turns out well.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith Cherry
    Ramanth, any news on the job for Andy yet? Good luck! And just an afterthought - Terry Prachett ( the author you are enjoying right now) was recently diagnosed with Alzeimers so please spare a kind thought and a prayer for him too.
    Haven't heard anything. I'm getting anxious but Andy remains optimistic. He'll call them tomorrow if they don't call today. Thanks for thinking of us.

Prayers for Catty's Mom, Terry, Mac, and Gayle. *HUGS*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

{{HUGS}} and prayers for everyone!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth

I'm getting anxious,

but Andy remains optimistic.

We're *optimistic* too ... but we'll Add a Prayer for some insurance!

Mac has always been one of my favorites of your's, Tamara. My thoughts and prayers are speeding to the Yukon for all of you.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Catty1, thinking of you and Amberlee, how did your friend's surgery go?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Did I miss something goin on with Mac? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    Did I miss something goin on with Mac? What happened?
    Read posts # 1314 and 1319 - that's all we know.

Thanks everyone. The AC officer didn't show up last night. He left a message saying he needs to get a statement from me. I've already got one typed out. The day shift officer won't take it. I just talked to him so I have to wait til the right officer is on duty again. I left a message for him saying he can come out any time tonight or call me and I"ll come into his office. I have nothing to hide(except a couple cats since I have too many of them according to the AC bylaw!) and he or any of his collegueges are welcome on my property anytime.

Mac was loose running beside the team on Monday morning, something he has done for four years without any problems. On this day, if it could go wrong, it did. Mac was not being aggressive, he was playing(tail up, playbowing ect), but his behavior was towards a small child and therefore completely unacceptable. I'm still trying to figure out why the mother grabbed her dog(unsuccessfully, I might add as the dog got into the team and Tehya has a puncture wound on her leg from him) yet she left her toddler son standing alone on the far side of the trail with eight large dogs she's never seen before approaching him. No one besides Tehya was injured. The child was scared but physically unharmed. However, Mac's behavior under our local AC bylaw is enough to designate him a dangerous dog.

I know dogs who have done much worse, including intentionally inflicting injury, and they were given second chances. I am hoping that my history with animal control helps and that Mac will be given a reprieve as well. We've never even had a simple noise complaint before; several of the dogs came from the AC pound, including Tehya and Heyoka; Stuart has worked with them frequently. We're properly liscenced and have the support of my immediate neighbors and my vet.

I am fully prepared to accept responsibility for his behavior. He was way out of line and as his owner, that's my fault. I'll pay whatever fine they want to dish out, implement whatever handling and confinement rules they want for Mac. He's never getting off-leash again in any case. I don't believe Mac is dangerous and I will fight that designation. However, if it comes right down to it, I'll do whatever they want as long as they don't want to euthanize him.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

That's so scary, Tamara. From the sounds of it what Mac did isn't severe so hopefully they'll let him slide.

I wanted to add a very sweet man that I've actually met before. He's the Chief Meteorologist of our local News station, Dick Fletcher. He had a stroke on Monday and from what my neighbor said he does not sound to good (she works for the News station.)

Please keep him in your thoughts - the news certainly isn't and wouldn't be the same without him.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/loca...?storyid=74288

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier

Mac was loose running beside the team on Monday morning,
    something he has done for four years without any problems.

Mac was not being aggressive, he was playing (tail up, playbowing ect),
    but his behavior was towards a small child and therefore completely unacceptable.

... the mother grabbed her dog
    (unsuccessfully, I might add, as the dog got into the team
    and Tehya has a puncture wound on her leg from him)

No one besides Tehya was injured.
    The child was scared but physically unharmed.

Sounds to me like BOTH the humans had a "dog running loose" ...
    But YOUR'S wanted to *play* ...
    HER'S jumped into your CONFINED team and picked a fight - injuring YOUR CONFINED dog.

Two wrongs may not make it right; but YOU should not be the one to shoulder
    any more blame, nor consequences to your dog (Mac) - HE wasn't the aggressor!

Sure hope the Animal Control Folks see this the same way I do!
    Stick to the Facts in your statement - and don't "offer" to accept punishment -
    make THEM think of that.

Maybe we better call God again ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke

Sounds to me like BOTH the humans had a "dog running loose" ...
    But YOUR'S wanted to *play* ...
    HER'S jumped into your CONFINED team and picked a fight - injuring YOUR CONFINED dog.
    Loose dogs are perfectly legal here. That's not the issue at all. We could both be fined for out of control loose dogs. They are supposed to be under verbal control if not leashed. Neither of them was listening worth a hoot at the time!

The problem is that Mac's behavior was directed at a child, which is much more serious legally than if he had just got into it with her dog.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I understand the concern about the child - do you have a witness who can say Mac was playing? He'd have to have made threatening sounds and movements, right?

And what about Tehya's injury? Does that count for nothing, legally?

I hope she pays for the vet bill!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda