Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Prayers for Luna, one of Kirsten's dearly dearly beloved furbabies. She is very ill:
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=151592

Thank you - PT Prayers can work miracles, and one is needed here!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers on the way for everyone! I keep all of you in my thoughts every day as you have really become a family to me.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Prayers needed for Breanna/Update post #2020

I received a very distressing email from a friend today. Her niece's best friend Breanna, who is a senior in high school, has been stricken with a mysterious life threatening illness. It started out a couple of weeks ago like a cold, then progressed to a flu-like illness and she was admitted to the hospital. The doctors don't know what's wrong with her, as she's not responding to any kind of treatment, and is now in ICU on life support. They wanted to transfer her to Duke Medical Center, but the doctors at Duke didn't feel she would survive the transfer. Unless she makes a miraculous turn around and starts to respond, then the doctors say she will die.
    This poor girl needs prayers and a miracle. Please all, send some prayers and positive vibes to Breanna Fink in NC, and some for her family as well.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 03-31-2009 at 02:20 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I received a very distressing email from a friend today. Her niece's best friend Breanna, who is a senior in high school, has been stricken with a mysterious life threatening illness. It started out a couple of weeks ago like a cold, then progressed to a flu-like illness and she was admitted to the hospital. The doctors don't know what's wrong with her, as she's not responding to any kind of treatment, and is now in ICU on life support. They wanted to transfer her to Duke Medical Center, but the doctors at Duke didn't feel she would survive the transfer. Unless she makes a miraculous turn around and starts to respond, then the doctors say she will die.
    This poor girl needs prayers and a miracle. Please all, send some prayers and positive vibes to Breanna Fink in NC, and some for her family as well.
    Thanks a bunch.

Goodness, Ellie, that's awful. It almost sounds as though it could be meningitis but then they probably would've had the diagnosis by now. Many prayers are on the way.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

>>Special Prayers<< <picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hi God ~

Prayer Pups here, wiffa Special Request for some Special Prayers
    for some Special Folks.

We're pretty sure You know all about it ... but a lil extra Help would be appreciated.

Dad even promised he'd say a few words at BigBed Tyme.

THANKS, God.

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Thanks a bunch.
    I am praying for a miracle and sending good vibes....*hugs*

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Breanna - update

Amazingly, Breanna continues to cling to life. She had surgery on Saturday to remove a mass that was pressing on her lung, and Sunday took a turn for the worse and crashed. The decision was then made that she had to be transferred to Duke, and she crashed again during the chopper ride. They brought her back from death's door again. She is now on a lung bypass machine at Duke, with the hopes that her lungs will have a chance to recover this way (both lungs have collapsed). There is still no diagnosis and the doctors are treating it as a massive infection of unknown origin. Her tests have been sent to major medical centers thruout the country in the hopes that someone somewhere can identify what it is. Right now they are concerned with internal bleeding since she is on such high doses of blood thinners to allow her blood to circulate thru all the machines that are keeping her alive. She is still facing weeks, and even months of hospitalization, even if they can identify this illness.
    Again, please send a prayer and some positive vibes to Breanna and her family.
    Thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Amazingly, Breanna continues to cling to life. She had surgery on Saturday to remove a mass that was pressing on her lung, and Sunday took a turn for the worse and crashed. The decision was then made that she had to be transferred to Duke, and she crashed again during the chopper ride. They brought her back from death's door again. She is now on a lung bypass machine at Duke, with the hopes that her lungs will have a chance to recover this way (both lungs have collapsed). There is still no diagnosis and the doctors are treating it as a massive infection of unknown origin. Her tests have been sent to major medical centers thruout the country in the hopes that someone somewhere can identify what it is. Right now they are concerned with internal bleeding since she is on such high doses of blood thinners to allow her blood to circulate thru all the machines that are keeping her alive. She is still facing weeks, and even months of hospitalization, even if they can identify this illness.
    Again, please send a prayer and some positive vibes to Breanna and her family.
    Thanks!
    Goodness, Ellie, you got it! Poor kid.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear PT Friends, would you please say a prayer for my sister-in-law Karen and her father. The last time I saw him was on Christmas, and he was talkative and cheerful. My brother told me on Saturday that he is much more confused now; drives even though the doctor has said he shouldn't; and that he sometimes forgets to eat or to shower if he isn't reminded. He receives home-delivered meals. He is in his late 80s and made an amazing recovery from an infection with the "flesh-eating" bacterium about 10 or 12 years ago. It makes me sad to think about him failing.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Update. I talked to Karen after church on Sunday. Things are going better for her dad, but there still may be difficult decisions to make in the not too distant future.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

PRAYERS for Breanna - I hope she hangs on long enough for healing to settle in...come on, girl!

More prayers for Karen's dad...glad to hear things are a bit better for him. Won't make the decisions any less difficult. I hope she has a lot more quality time with him.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Update. I talked to Karen after church on Sunday. Things are going better for her dad, but there still may be difficult decisions to make in the not too distant future.
    I'm sorry to hear this. Prayers are continuing so that, whatever the decision, he'll be as comfortable as possible so that they can enjoy whatever time is left to them together. My heart is w/you all.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Prayers to everyone...

Caring for your parents is a tough, emotional job. Every decision is hard, but you have to do your best by them. Be firm in your choices and always keep your wits and faith about you.

Every day is a new challenge. YOu just have to remember not to flinch.

Prayers are going out to everyone who needs them.

I need some prayers for my boss. This morning he felt very dizzy and strange so one of the office workers called 911 and the paramedics came and took him to the hospital. Several weeks ago he had the flu and he also had an ear infection and was on antibiotics for this. He's also very hard of hearing in one of his ears. The last I heard is that it may be vertigo but I think that they're still not sure.

I'm glad that he's getting himself checked out and hopefully it's nothing serious. He's been on a new diet and gets up early to work out and then works late so I don't think he's been getting enough sleep either. He needs to give more responsibility to the much younger vice president of the company. I hope that he'll learn to slow down and relax more because he's not getting any younger. Thanks in advance.

I know I don't get around here much anymore..I've been busy but anyways tomorrow I have to present what will most likely be the most important presentation in my high school and maybe even college career. This presentation is in my Ag Leadership class and is a Team Demo for State Finals. Our topic is Dog Behavior Testing in shelters and rescues. We're up against another team who really, and I'm not just saying this, REALLY doesn't deserve to go. I really don't feel like getting into why, there's so much crap involved with it. Our teacher has to choose who goes to state finals where we could win money(scholarships possibly!) and a great thing to put on a resume. So can you guys please pray our teacher picks us above the other team to go?

Thank you!! It's much appreciated. I've read all recent prayers and will be thinking of all who need them. (((hugs)))

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I know I don't get around here much anymore..I've been busy but anyways tomorrow I have to present what will most likely be the most important presentation in my high school and maybe even college career. This presentation is in my Ag Leadership class and is a Team Demo for State Finals. Our topic is Dog Behavior Testing in shelters and rescues. We're up against another team who really, and I'm not just saying this, REALLY doesn't deserve to go. I really don't feel like getting into why, there's so much crap involved with it. Our teacher has to choose who goes to state finals where we could win money(scholarships possibly!) and a great thing to put on a resume. So can you guys please pray our teacher picks us above the other team to go?

Thank you!! It's much appreciated. I've read all recent prayers and will be thinking of all who need them. (((hugs)))
    I just saw this, how did it go? I hope your team was chosen.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!