Page 58 of 216 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Uncle Joel has passed on

My uncle Joel passed on today.

They were supposed to have his triple heart valve replacement surgery on Tuesday. They moved it to Thursday. He had a 50/50 chance of making it.

My poor mother was in tears. It's rare to see her upset like that. She has collected herself because she said he wouldn't want everyone to be upset. He'd want everyone to still celebrate the 4th.

One of the things my mom said was that she wasn't going to be able to say goodbye to him. I really wish I could get her out there somehow. I really really wish. I didn't know my uncle Joel too much, since we're so far away, however, seeing my mom so upset had me in tears as well.

Rest well, Uncle Joel.....
    Last edited by Kfamr; 07-04-2007 at 06:54 PM.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

prayers for all who need them
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Kay, I'm sorry about your uncle. May he rest in peace.

Tomorrow is the court date for my brother. Everything is scheduled for tomorrow. Our lawyers have an appellate issue that the judge is suppose to rule on as well as dropping one of the charges and his sentencing. Hopefully the judge will be able to see us since we are last for the day. Tomorrow will be emotional and I don't know what to expect. All I ask for is everyone who can spare a few prayers to pray for my brother and family. Court is at 4pm.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Kay, I am really sorry to hear about your Uncle Joel.

Amber, I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks for the prayers everyone. We still need them. He was sentenced to 20 years. Where is the crying icon?

I'm so sorry Amber.

Just like talking to my mom about her brother, I am completely at loss of words. I know there's nothing I could say to make things better, so I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.

-rx bandits

Oh, Amber. I am speechless..I am so so sorry. I will definately be thinking of you. {{hugs}} I really can't think of anything to say otherwise..

Kay - I am so sorry about your uncle...and just when he was going to get surgery...

Amber...{{{{hugs}}}}...Did you and your family get to see your brother and talk to him? Will he be close enough so you can visit him?

Take heart...in prison, good behaviour and getting counselling if recommended can really shorten the years. I know it still is a shock...but he may be free sooner than you think.

HUGS and PRAYERS again to Kay and Amber, and all who need them.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

In Florida they are required to serve 85% so if he does have good behavior then it will be 17 years. Still sh**ty! We saw him yesterday in the courtroom, he was 20 feet away from us and we still can't hug him. He'll be in the jail he is at now for a little while still since they are still some more court dates yet. The judge denied the appeal motion yesterday so it's next step is to go to the DCA (District Court of Appeals). He has the right to an appellate bond which the judge can deny. Hopefully, the judge will grant him that bond so he can come home until the DCA looks at his case. This law in Florida, 10-20-Life is not made for cases like his. It's made for drive-by shootings and the like, not for my brother's case where he fired shots into the air, not at the people who were coming after him. He either would have had to shoot them as they came into his truck or lie down and take the beating. Our family is going to bombard the governor with letters to let him know that this law does not take into account anything other than he fired the gun. My brother has no prior record and he scored low on the sentencing points but since this case falls into that law it doesn't matter. My parents are going to see him tomorrow and he called last night while I was over there. I didn't talk to him just my parents did. This has been the hardest thing my family has ever gone through. He went to church when he got back to the jail yesterday. He has been going ever since he's been in there. What is God's plan for him and my family? Why are we getting stuck with such a shi**y lot in life?

Kay I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. And Amber I'm very sorry to hear about your brother too. I wish there was something I could say or do that would help, please know that I'm thinking of you both and your families.

Amber - I pray that the DCA shows some common sense and compassion!

HUGS.

I hope you get to see your brother soon.

-sigh- When it rains, it pours, right?

My Memaw's sister, Bonnie, passed away. Sometime this evening she is driving to Michigan with my aunt to attend her funeral.

As if things weren't stressful enough for my Memaw, with my Papa being sick.

Sorry for overloading this thread. It seems I've posted in here far too much lately.

-rx bandits

Kay - not sure what MeMaw is....you mean your mom lost a sister now?

OMG....Prayers big time...for you and all your family.

Someone once said, "Life was scripted by an idiot." At times like this, you have to wonder.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

My brother-in-law was diagnosed yesterday with untreatable pancreatic cancer. They removed a softball sized tumor that was attached to his liver. The doctors say he's got less than two months, but not to expect two full months...

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Scooter's Mom...My heart goes out to you. Prayers first for a miracle. If that is not possible, then for a peaceful time for all your family.

Miracles sometimes happen...I hope it is his turn.