Page 30 of 216 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    My worst fears realized. Not even 1/4 into the surgery, they hit a major problem. Not to get into perticulars- but they had to abort the procedure. I have a week to heal. Then instead of 3-5 days in the hospital will be a week or a little longer. Meanwhile I have to watch for internal bleeding problems.
    I am depressed.. I knew something was wrong when I woke up, and the doctor was sitting there at a chair next to the bed. At the news of what it is, I started to cry..
    WHY AM I ALWAYS the "remote possiblity"???? This is now the 3rd time a "remote possiblity" has come true. When I tore up my knee after the break healed they said blah blah " and a remote possiblity the maniscus ( spelling) is so badly torn, you will wake up with a cast .. I did!. When I broke my leg last year- they said well you will have a 2-4 inch metal plate and about 4 screws in your leg, ITS A REMOTE CHANCE MORE- BUT WE DOUBT IT" - I woke up to " there is more hardward than we anticipated in your leg- its over 6 inches long with 14 screws, and two screws in the ankle itsself attaching the fibula... When I got pregnant with my daughter- " there is only a remote chance you will carry full term"- SHE WAS 3 WEEKS LATE AND CARRIED FINE.. ( ONLY POSITIVE 'REMOTE CHANCE" I CAN THINK OF..)
    NOW- I am more worried and scared.. I understand they cant know all things- but that ray of hope I never would have thought of, held onto, got dashed to pieces. I can even see the fear on my husbands face...
    Well- darnit ( sorry to curse) I have been saying for over a year how I feel.. Just like I did with my leg, or my knee- Doctors must think people are hypocondriacs ( spelling?).. Well- I AM NOT.. A normall active woman goes into a shell for months unable to do jack beans- even housework is a major adventure- and there isnt a problem???
    You know the joke of this? Zubin is one of two therapy dogs I have that works with children with cancer- somehow he knows when things are turning. He gets silly with a child that is " not doing well", then presses his head in a childs lap " that is progressing"- only to slip suddenly out of no where into a more serious situation. He has been putting his head in my lap for months now. Pressing- like he knows something is progressing with his mother. Well ZUBIN WAS THE ONLY ONE RIGHT HERE.. I am not bashing my doctor- he is one of the top in the whole Northern Va. area and my hospital is one of the top 100 in the country- ( award and all!) so they know.. and I know they cant see all things in a ultrasound- but I would rather not have the hope, and given the worse case as " how it is" and anything else would feel like a blessing and not "dashed hopes".
    I am sorry to vent- I am just upset, depressed, and now more worried. I am placing this in Gods' hand as He knows what is best for me in the future and the best way to remedy the ailment. It is terribly hard thought not to feel confused and scared..
    This pet talk has been a God sent. It lets me think of anything else other than what is in my face 24/7.. I want to thank you all for your wonderful support. I have gotten so many positive wonderful pm's and I really do appreciate it.. Really!
    I'm so sorry for all you went through.I'm putting in extra prayers for you.I went through some major surgerys and they cut my organs up by mistake.The worst being my bowels.I needed major bowel repair.I'm glad to be alive.
    I'm glad your alive.
    And...I'm with you...Doctors DO think most people are hypocondraics.I can understand that but when all turns out true with what the patient says and they still give you that look...it's very sad for us.It hurts emotionally.
    We as people know our bodys.
    I hope you get well through all this and the future brings much good health and happiness for you.
    Prayers for you from us in Maine.
    Carla,Mike and our cats

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I just got a call. They got enough into this, to prevent infection they have to wait until jan 3rd. The holidays and staffing at the hospital is not helping to move this up. At holidays, with short staffing etc they say they do not do surgeries that can wait. That doesnt stop an emergency, but I would not have my doctor. At this point, I would rather the same one as I have been through ENOUGH.. ( mutter mutter....kicking dirt clods- mutter mutter....) Meanwhile I feel like- "more hurry up and wait???" .. I know he has a right to a vacation.. but.. I am still muttering. .. They tried for the 14th. No go- too booked. I am wondering if they could move someone that could wait.. I suggested as they " quote look into the matter" as I need to cover my recovery with someone that can here. My husband is a top engineer - his place shuts down for two weeks at christmas- easily home with no problems as no one can cover his job..
    ( This really stinks... mutter mutter- more kicking dirt clods- mutter mutter..)

But perhaps you'd be better off getting the surgery done when people are not too distracted and overstretched by holiday events?

You'll be in our prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    But perhaps you'd be better off getting the surgery done when people are not too distracted and overstretched by holiday events?

You'll be in our prayers.
    I hope so. You are probably right- but its a blow to say the least.. As you know, I have been waiting for weeks for this to resolve.. now 3 more..

this might be another
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=117618

Say a thank you prayer for my Dad, 78 years old, who had 3 vessel coronary artery bypass surgery 6 weeks ago today and is having a good recovery.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Amen And Prayers Sent As A Thank You!

I don't know what to say...

That's aweful.

*HUGS*

I may be at a loss for what to say, but i always have hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    My worst fears realized. Not even 1/4 into the surgery, they hit a major problem. Not to get into perticulars- but they had to abort the procedure. I have a week to heal. Then instead of 3-5 days in the hospital will be a week or a little longer. Meanwhile I have to watch for internal bleeding problems.
    I am depressed.. I knew something was wrong when I woke up, and the doctor was sitting there at a chair next to the bed. At the news of what it is, I started to cry..
    WHY AM I ALWAYS the "remote possiblity"???? This is now the 3rd time a "remote possiblity" has come true. When I tore up my knee after the break healed they said blah blah " and a remote possiblity the maniscus ( spelling) is so badly torn, you will wake up with a cast .. I did!. When I broke my leg last year- they said well you will have a 2-4 inch metal plate and about 4 screws in your leg, ITS A REMOTE CHANCE MORE- BUT WE DOUBT IT" - I woke up to " there is more hardward than we anticipated in your leg- its over 6 inches long with 14 screws, and two screws in the ankle itsself attaching the fibula... When I got pregnant with my daughter- " there is only a remote chance you will carry full term"- SHE WAS 3 WEEKS LATE AND CARRIED FINE.. ( ONLY POSITIVE 'REMOTE CHANCE" I CAN THINK OF..)
    NOW- I am more worried and scared.. I understand they cant know all things- but that ray of hope I never would have thought of, held onto, got dashed to pieces. I can even see the fear on my husbands face...
    Well- darnit ( sorry to curse) I have been saying for over a year how I feel.. Just like I did with my leg, or my knee- Doctors must think people are hypocondriacs ( spelling?).. Well- I AM NOT.. A normall active woman goes into a shell for months unable to do jack beans- even housework is a major adventure- and there isnt a problem???
    You know the joke of this? Zubin is one of two therapy dogs I have that works with children with cancer- somehow he knows when things are turning. He gets silly with a child that is " not doing well", then presses his head in a childs lap " that is progressing"- only to slip suddenly out of no where into a more serious situation. He has been putting his head in my lap for months now. Pressing- like he knows something is progressing with his mother. Well ZUBIN WAS THE ONLY ONE RIGHT HERE.. I am not bashing my doctor- he is one of the top in the whole Northern Va. area and my hospital is one of the top 100 in the country- ( award and all!) so they know.. and I know they cant see all things in a ultrasound- but I would rather not have the hope, and given the worse case as " how it is" and anything else would feel like a blessing and not "dashed hopes".
    I am sorry to vent- I am just upset, depressed, and now more worried. I am placing this in Gods' hand as He knows what is best for me in the future and the best way to remedy the ailment. It is terribly hard thought not to feel confused and scared..
    This pet talk has been a God sent. It lets me think of anything else other than what is in my face 24/7.. I want to thank you all for your wonderful support. I have gotten so many positive wonderful pm's and I really do appreciate it.. Really!

The Purpose of Prayer

I'm not downplaying the worth of this thread or against the intent in any way. I LOVE that this thread is here.

However, i also want to share one of my favorite pieces ever written.

http://www.nierica.com/prayers/ExplorePrayer.html

Let us never forget to also give thanks.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Also, this may be helpful...

http://www.pathways-to-peace.com/

View Presentation (Only takes a few minutes to load even on dial-up.)

Make sure sound is on. (bottom left)

(For some reason i thought it looked better on my old laptop.)

I pass out the address to this site whenever i find someone in need. I also use it as a holiday card

Someone on a message board posted it years ago and for me it stuck. It isn't religion specific even though it's a religious site hosting it. The words spoken with in are words of wisdom. The first time i seen it, i seen how purple it was and almost closed it right away (My third least liked color then.) By the reviews people were giving it on the board though i HAD to check it out. I'm glad i did.

Hope you all enjoy. If you like it, please pass it on.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

That was quite a Beautiful~ Relaxing Presentation!!!

What a Compliment to this Precious Thread Crow_noir!!!!
    I wish that every one could view it and read all the quotes!!!

Thank-You so MUCH for Sharing it!!!!!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Crow Noir- that was just beautiful!!! I copied the link and sent it to several friends.

Thank you Dorothy and Borzoimom. I'm glad you liked it!

Just trying to do my part to make the world a better place. Even if i just make one person smile or relax a little then i have done my job. (Just because i've helped one person doesn't mean i'm going to stop there though! Giving happiness is addicting and contageous!)

Quote Originally Posted by crow_noir
    Thank you Dorothy and Borzoimom. I'm glad you liked it!

Just trying to do my part to make the world a better place. Even if i just make one person smile or relax a little then i have done my job. (Just because i've helped one person doesn't mean i'm going to stop there though! Giving happiness is addicting and contageous!)
    I've saved that *site*, and I have sent it to so many loved ones~

It is so ~relaxing~
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Please say a prayer for me that I can find a way to hold up through this time.

You'll definately be in my prayers, k9soul. I've been wondering how you were doing.((HUGS))