Page 79 of 216 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

I'm so sorry for everyone's losses.

Update on MaryEllen & family...
    Good news,
    She is pregressing well - they took her off her breathing tube. That was the least of her worries as she has the worst battle of her life ahead of her (chemo.)

Bad news,
    Her husband had a heart attack on Sunday. I imagine it's from the stress. He is okay and should be able to return home soon.

I feel so badly for their three boys.

I have a prayer request for a co-worker. His daughter has severe psych issues, has attempted suicide (various other self-destructive behavior as well), and was being home schooled because the school she was in didn't know how to deal with her.

She was doing better, but 4 days ago her cat got outside. They found the poor cat two days later dead in the road. She has gone into a black hole, and my co-worker is ripping his hair out trying to find a solution.

Prayers for the family, please.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Thanks for answered prayers

Thanks again for all the prayers for my SIL. We drove to Maine and had dinner with her & my brother, what a miracle she is here with us! She is regaining strength daily, and deeply appreciates all the prayers from everyone.
    May God bless all who have requested prayers, you are all still in mine. I hope you find that peace that passes all understanding.

For all who are seeking answers and solace, I offer you my heartfelt prayers.

For those who have lost loved ones, I pray your grief can be overcome and replaced with understanding and happy memories of the one lost.

Merry Christmas to everyone with love.

I'm saying a prayer this morning for all of those suffering, grieving, feeling alone or enduring hardship. May the warmth of God's love enfold you.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Prayers for those who have little money, may you be blessed with enough to live, and more for life's unexpected turns.

Prayers for those in ill health, physical or emotional, that they may be restored to wholeness and happiness.

Prayers for those for whom this season is a string of just other days, that they may be blessed with a new sense of purpose and belonging.

Prayers for those who grieve, that they may be comforted and their hearts know peace.

Amen.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts....I wanted to let you know that my homemade gifts were a huge hit and I was gifted with enough cash to pay my bills and a gift card to a grocery store from a wonderful friend!

Now, if you could perhaps spare some good thoughts for a friend of mine, I'd appreciate it. He's very young by some standards, but him and his wife have been together since he was thirteen, and she and their son mean the world to him. Their relationship has been rocky, but he's fought for it. This morning, she left him and took their son with her, and he is devastated. He could really use some good vibes right now.

Thanks Pet Talk.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyBogart
    Thanks to everyone for their thoughts....I wanted to let you know that my homemade gifts were a huge hit and I was gifted with enough cash to pay my bills and a gift card to a grocery store from a wonderful friend!

Now, if you could perhaps spare some good thoughts for a friend of mine, I'd appreciate it. He's very young by some standards, but him and his wife have been together since he was thirteen, and she and their son mean the world to him. Their relationship has been rocky, but he's fought for it. This morning, she left him and took their son with her, and he is devastated. He could really use some good vibes right now.

Thanks Pet Talk.
    what kind of homemade gifts did you make? (thinking of next year.... you can PM me if you don't wish to post here)
    Left him on Christmas?! wow - poor guy!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

PT Prayers for your friend, Cathy. I hope all will work out...but what a day to leave! What was she thinking?

Glad you got all caught up on your bills! What a relief.

All the best in the New Year.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Kater I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That is very devastating. To all others who have lost loved ones around the holiday's, my prayers go out to you for comfort in your hearts. There is NEVER a good time, but there are times that it happens that make it even more difficult to bear.

To all those in need of a prayer this day, my prayers go out to you that your needs will be met, your prayers answered, and that you can all find some peace of heart and mind this day. God bless.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I forget to check this thread. Oh Kate I am so sorry for the loss of your father. I can't even imagine. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. {{hugs}}

Prayers and good thoughts for everyone else in need too.

Prayers for my husband.

He's going through some really tough times right now. His mom has alzheimer's really bad (most of the time she thinks he's her brother)
    They (he and his 4 sisters) are trying to find 24 hour in home care and if that doesn't work she'll be put in a nursing home.

It's not only that her health is going downhill and dealing with her alzheimer's but the sisters are more interested in the house and her car...or should I say money.
    It seems like everyone wants to fight. Why is that? Why can't they just be concerned with their mom and want to take care of her? Why is it always about money?
    Of course I can't interfere, I'll be told she's not my mom (his sisters and I don't get along-because their all idiots )

Sorry to go on, but he's having a terrible time and only wants what's best for his mom.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Jake needs loving thoughts

Recently my grown son came home with a rag-tag little pup that our family was not ready to accept as yet. We had just lost our precious Casey to the tires of our speeding neighbor's truck and the new pup just came along at the wrong time. Unable to find a new home for him and none of the org. were willing to take him, he stayed on. I had him checked for Parvo and wormed along with treated for early mange. Christened Jake by my son, he became part of the household and I thought it time to go ahead and get his shots if he was going to stay on. We have not had any Parvo in our home our yard that I am aware of, but somehow he came down with Parvo last week. Wed. he was not himself and Thursday he was just plain sick. Friday morning, I took him to the vet and it only took a short time for the diagnosis. Today is now Friday again and he has not improved in the least. He is on IV feedings and is still unable to stop vomiting. The vet is not allowing us to see him at all. She is not very sociable and often downright mean to humans. Great to animals- but bedside manner is not her thing for sure. I am starting to fear he will not get well and perhaps I am doing him a disservice to continue when he is so sick. Today when I called the vet didn't even talk to me and I was told to call back in the morning. We are upto some serious dollars at this point, but that is really not the issue here. I will come up with it somehow. I just do not think I should continue if he is suffering and not getting any better. They have just told me each day that he is no better, but no worse. I do love the little fellow and I cannot bear to see him this way. He was so attached to me, that I just know he must wonder what has happened to him and where I am. I know they do not think logically, but I know they grieve over people they love. Jake followed me from room to room here at home. I feel that the vet should let me see him. I am so sorry, I used this vet and not my normal one. She is a vet that does all the low cost spay and neuter in our area. I really appreciate her doing this and I tried to give her my other business. I know she is a really good vet and she does wildlife rehab as well. Her office manager is sour and rude as well. Please keep Jake in your prayers. He is a sweet little man of mixed lineage. I see choc. lab with webbed toes and something else. He is by far the wildest pup I have ever seen. I pray he will be again.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66
    He's going through some really tough times right now. His mom has alzheimer's really bad (most of the time she thinks he's her brother)
    They (he and his 4 sisters) are trying to find 24 hour in home care and if that doesn't work she'll be put in a nursing home.

It's not only that her health is going downhill and dealing with her alzheimer's but the sisters are more interested in the house and her car...or should I say money.
    It seems like everyone wants to fight. Why is that? Why can't they just be concerned with their mom and want to take care of her? Why is it always about money?
    Of course I can't interfere, I'll be told she's not my mom (his sisters and I don't get along-because their all idiots )

Sorry to go on, but he's having a terrible time and only wants what's best for his mom.

Oh gosh, that's so hard to deal with. Why do people have to grow so frail?
    Thinking of Mark and you, as well as his mother.

Linda, thinking of your little pup too.

Requesting prayers for my friend Liz and her husband, Bob. He was having dental surgery last week when they cancelled it mid-op. He was exhibiting abnormal signs for his jaw -- the tests came back today and he has basal cell scarcenoma ... I suspect I just mangled the spelling of that. They are in shock at the moment, as well as the pain Bob is in.

Prayers would be appreciated.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/