Page 3 of 216 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen
    Just when I think I'm hitting rock bottom, I realize that other people have it so much worse. if it's not too selfish, prayers would help for my John to finally find a decent job. He spent the last 2 years, after his last job ended, helping me take care of my mother at home and then took loving care of me as I recovered from 2 surgeries. He's so giving to other people that he ignored his own needs.

My prayers are for all of you, always, especially my dear friend, Robyn and her family, Also healthy babies for other PTers and their families (who have not made it public knowledge) and of course for all of you and yours, who are ill or recovering- a life changing situation.
    Oh Karen, thats not selfish, I pray the lord will undertake in for your John and help you all , when you hit bottom theres no where to go but up..your in my prayers to..God is there just reach out and hold on..PJ

you all are in my prayers. {{{hugs}}}
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

god bless you rizzy!

I really like this, I've been wondering how, where everybody is and threads are just everywhere, some missed or never seen.

you're not selfish at all, every one of you have your own! glad to read all of this, all of you my friends are in my thoughts automatically. prayers continuing & hugs from us, all the special furriends!

rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I owe all of you a bundle of thanks for any prayers that you mustered up. This is premature, but John sent out a resume on Friday and got a call today (the lady was out of town) and she seemed really interested in his ability. She said that she couldn't get his resume off her mind because he was so honest that for a year he took time off a regular job to care for my family and me. She was very impressed. She still has some other resumes to sort through, but said he's top on her list. The pay sucks compared to what he charges as a contractor, but we both don't even care, as it sure is better than no income. John's more interested in the job itself. This is the first time in months that I've seen him so self assured and somewhat positive. His whole personality changed today. He seemed a lot happier, especially since he can now help with household expenses.
    I know you guys have your own lives etc and are busy, but if you could at least keep your fingers crossed that she wants to interview him and that it goes well, I'd be so appreciative. He's been so down in the dumps, feeling worthless and he certainly deserves better. He's my lifesaver.

I've been Boooo'd!

JenBKR - I will add prayers for your brother-in-law; he is also suffering horribly to behave like that, and no doubt grew up being treated the same way. How people can do that to a child!

I hope he gets help, and your sister also - or your sis leaves for a while and realizes she deserves better!

For my own prayers - my sister has had MS for twenty years. She is in end-stage. It would take a total miracle to cure her - but it is my fondest hope.
    Pray for my mom too, as she has been a wonder with my sister, being her caregiver and visiting 5 days out of 7 after my sister went into long-term care two years ago.

One selfish thing - that I would not be tired all the time, and get some zing and joy back in life. I used to walk everywhere and be in better shape. Now I am just tired.

Thank you all!
    (And thank God for my fur kids!)

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    JenBKR - I will add prayers for your brother-in-law; he is also suffering horribly to behave like that, and no doubt grew up being treated the same way. How people can do that to a child!

I hope he gets help, and your sister also - or your sis leaves for a while and realizes she deserves better!

Thank you for that - yes his parents have always been the same way towards him - one week they adore him and offer to do his laundry and do everything for him, the next they tell him that they want nothing to do with him. If not for the fact that he is doing this to my sister, I would feel very bad for him.

For my own prayers - my sister has had MS for twenty years. She is in end-stage. It would take a total miracle to cure her - but it is my fondest hope.
    Pray for my mom too, as she has been a wonder with my sister, being her caregiver and visiting 5 days out of 7 after my sister went into long-term care two years ago.

One selfish thing - that I would not be tired all the time, and get some zing and joy back in life. I used to walk everywhere and be in better shape. Now I am just tired.

Thank you all!
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers as well - you must have an amazing mother to take such wonderful care of your sister.

I am keeping everyone else in my prayers as well, hopefully they are working!

Thank you all!
    My heart goes out to you and your family, Im praying for all of you and may the lord give you your hearts desire..I cry because so many are in such need and I pray the lord will send help to each and evey one..God Bless you all so very very much

Prayers going out for all these requests, I hope each situation is resolved for everyone's best and highest good.

A prayer request from me- I know it's not life-threatening, but I've been working on this for two years and would appreciate prayers... I'm trying to finish my Master's degree -- my thesis needs to be finished in the next three weeks. I'm getting so stressed out, I can't think anymore. I also have another large paper due mid-March, and I'm working more hours to fill in for a missing supervisor at work. I'm feeling edgy/depressed/cranky right now.
    Please pray that I will have stamina and focus. Thank you and God Bless you.

I would like to thank everyone who had me in their thoughts and prayers. No I haven't received a loan for a car, BUT I've come to the realization that at this immediate point in time a car would be a bit too much for us now, and I'm OK with it (not upset as I was earlier, because I WANTED one too, you know?). We borrowed my in-laws car so I have a way to get to work. In a few months or so when we're a little more stable financially (we JUST got the apartment and had to pay $1300 for the deposit and rent), my dream car will be out there, I just know it.

Not only that, but He has been teaching me that patience pays off, and having patience has its rewards! A few incidents happened where I REALLY wanted something, but HJ convinced me that "do you REALLY need that now?" or "well, have some patience, when the time is right, it will work out!". Its always happened though! The apartment is a prime example of that. So I feel that if I wait, the car will happen at the right moment for us

Things are starting to fall into place so I really would like to thank each and every one of you. THANKS PT!!!!!

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    I would like to thank everyone who had me in their thoughts and prayers. No I haven't received a loan for a car, BUT I've come to the realization that at this immediate point in time a car would be a bit too much for us now, and I'm OK with it (not upset as I was earlier, because I WANTED one too, you know?). We borrowed my in-laws car so I have a way to get to work. In a few months or so when we're a little more stable financially (we JUST got the apartment and had to pay $1300 for the deposit and rent), my dream car will be out there, I just know it.

Not only that, but He has been teaching me that patience pays off, and having patience has its rewards! A few incidents happened where I REALLY wanted something, but HJ convinced me that "do you REALLY need that now?" or "well, have some patience, when the time is right, it will work out!". Its always happened though! The apartment is a prime example of that. So I feel that if I wait, the car will happen at the right moment for us

Things are starting to fall into place so I really would like to thank each and every one of you. THANKS PT!!!!!
    Im so happy for you Jessica, its hard I know..I have been praying for a car for 3 years now..lol..talk about learning patience..lol..keep beliveing and all will work out for you good..

This is a beautiful, beautiful thread. I will definitely keep all of you in my prayers.

Cyber-sibes, I completed my masters in December and know all too well the stress you are facing. Keep your chin up - a break is right around the corner!

As for my own prayer requests:
    1) My sister - It's a bit of a long story but please pray for her emotional well being.

2) My job - Or rather, my job search. I'm currently employed with a GREAT company and thus feel some loyalty/guilt for leaving but at the same time, it's not what I went to school for and I currently don't make enough to support myself.

3) An unspoken - Just one I don't really care to discuss on the board.

Thanks, guys!

That's a great idea to have a prayer thread for those who are sick in your family or have died , whether they are human or animal family members. I have two uncles who are ill at the moment.

I'll think of some and post them later. Super idea.
    TAFFY

,MISTY

CATS ARE THE BEST

ANNE

Prayers said for all the request and are in my heart and on mymind all the time..God answers Prayer..

I am praying for each of you, and asking that God will take upon your requests and do what is best for you. Please remember God does everything for a reason, I know sometimes it's hard to remember that when things aren't looking up. As for myself, please pray for my cousin. He is just having some problems and I am really worried. Thanks PT, for everything.
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

Please send PT prayers for Keegan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keegan has hurt her good (left) leg. I am not entirely sure what she did - I suppose its possible she tore that ACL also. She is putting little weight on it and the added weight on her bad (right) hip and healing ACL tear is a lot for that side to bear. I just dissolved into tears on the floor beside her. (3 hours of sleep since yesterday at 630pm will do that to you also) She just licked my tears away. She likes to go out and lay in the snow - I imagine the cold feels good. I am calling the vet tomorrow to see if they can get her in. She won't lay on any type of rug or bed so she is just laying on the floor. I took her to the park on Friday and that is when she originally hurt it. Then after resting yesterday she was doing pretty good - then just this evening she did something else - I don't know what - now she is limping badly. And of course she won't stay in one spot - she keeps following me around the house.
    I just want my little girl back.

Thank you and my other one is rather silly compared to some of the other ones here but I have toally misplaced the envelope that has my W2 forms in it so I probably will have to have work print me another if possible. I always do stupid stuff like this. Praying that it appears before I ask for another copy.

THANKS!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..