Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Prayers will be offered immediately for Lauren that the Dr. can find the problem and then the solution and cure. Bless her heart - 20 months is so young but yet she is so aware which makes it very hard on Mom and Dad (and Grandparents too.)

Keep us posted on her progress and we can keep up our prayers.

xxoo

Sending prayers, my granddaughters are the same age, I can't imagine what you are all going through, sending prayers for all of you.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    Prayers will be offered immediately for Lauren that the Dr. can find the problem and then the solution and cure. Bless her heart - 20 months is so young but yet she is so aware which makes it very hard on Mom and Dad (and Grandparents too.)

Keep us posted on her progress and we can keep up our prayers.

xxoo
    Do we have any happy updates????

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    Do we have any happy updates????
    Copied from Facebook -- this is a post from Lauren's aunt Christy:
    "Please keep my niece in your prayers! she has made improvements in the last 24 hours and if they continue, she may not need to have the bone marrow test they have scheduled for tomorrow morning. Poor girl has been sick for a week and a half and in the hospital since Monday."

(I'm typing this at 6AM, Chicago time, on Friday 7/5 and Facebook tells me this was posted 9 hours ago, so it's an update from late in the day on Thursday 7/4.)

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers for Lauren! They certainly worked. Her fever broke after a dose of Motrin at 2:30 am on Thursday morning and has not returned. We were able to avoid the bone marrow biopsy scheduled for this morning, and I am happy to report we are at home!! She is doing so much better today. Just gotta convince her to keep drinking fluids!! She is more interested in playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post
    Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers for Lauren! They certainly worked. Her fever broke after a dose of Motrin at 2:30 am on Thursday morning and has not returned. We were able to avoid the bone marrow biopsy scheduled for this morning, and I am happy to report we are at home!! She is doing so much better today. Just gotta convince her to keep drinking fluids!! She is more interested in playing.
    So good to hear! Games involving popsicles as prizes might get more "fluids" into her!
    I've Been Frosted

Whew! So glad Lauren is so much better, and HOME! I agree with Karen - popsicle games!

Was it figured out what caused the fever to begin with, or is it just 'one of those things'?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I got an e-mail about Mary today. She had a seizure and her doctor ordered a new MRI of her brain. The tumor looks different on this MRI and Mary's doctors are not yet sure if the tumor has grown or if there is still swelling related to her radiation. Her husband has been out of town for work, but he's coming home. Could you please keep Mary and her family in your prayers again.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    ^^This was in early April. To make a very long story short - the tumor had grown again. Mary went through another surgical procedure, and the repeat MRI showed that it only helped for a few weeks. The tumor has already started to recur again. I got an e-mail today that there are no further treatment options available to Mary, so she will be transitioning to hospice care. This is very sad news. Just from early April to now.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

glad to hear that Lauren is better & back home with Amy & Ralh & the pups. Scary when little ones get sick!

prayers for your friend Mary, Elyse, that is devastating news. Praying she & her family find some peace & comfort together during some very difficult times.

Prayers for Mary and all who care for her.
    I've Been Frosted

My friend Mary, who's a couple of years younger than me and has three children, has been on chemotherapy for recurrence of a brain tumor for over a year. The tumor has stopped responding to the chemotherapy and she will be starting on a new medication probably next week. Please pray that the new medication will work.
    To make a very long story short - the tumor had grown again. Mary went through another surgical procedure, and the repeat MRI showed that it only helped for a few weeks. The tumor has already started to recur again. I got an e-mail today that there are no further treatment options available to Mary, so she will be transitioning to hospice care. This is very sad news. Just from early April to now.
    I got another E-mail about an hour ago. Mary passed away this morning at the hospice center. Thank you, everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I got another E-mail about an hour ago. Mary passed away this morning at the hospice center. Thank you, everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
    Take solace knowing that she is now at peace and suffering no more. I worked with 3 women - all in their 40's and 50's - that passed away far too young from brain tumors. It just didn't seem fair for them to be taken in the prime of their lives.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Our prayers for Mary's family and love ones. Rest in peace, dear lady.
    I've Been Frosted

Prayers for Mary and all her loved ones - and for you also.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

prayers for Mary , her family, & friends. Godspeed, Mary.