Thread: Oscar's dental is on Friday

Oscar's dental is on Friday

Oscar has FORL and is having his dental surgery on Friday.

He's been eating well, but has not let anyone raise part of his mouth to just view the teeth. My poor baby must be in a lot of pain.

I look forward to him feeling much better in the next several weeks.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Good luck Oscar. Hope your mouth feels better with the bad toothies gone!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

We are sending loads of warm, loving, healing energies and best wishes to dear Oscar and you, Candace!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and especially Galaxy, who lost all her teeth shortly before I adopted her.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

FORLs are very painful to most kitties.
    Sending best wishes to you and Oscar, and to being painfree again!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Unlike Cole, Oscar is not accustomed to being in a kennel and enduring even a short car ride. He meowed all the way there!

I had to remove him from the carrier by taking the lid off. I picked him up to cuddle him and he shoved his head and nose into the inside of my crooked elbow, hiding.

I got a call from the vet about an hour ago. Everything went very well. They removed the remaining diseased teeth, all molars. Now all he has is the tiny teeth at the front...can't recall the name.

My darling toothless wonder will be home in about an hour.

Blog Entries
    Aww, I'm sure little Oscar did his very best to be brave! I'll bet you are glad that is over and I'm sure soon he will be too. Tooth pain can be killer horrible! Please forward a smooch to Oscar from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Unlike Cole, Oscar is not accustomed to being in a kennel and enduring even a short car ride. He meowed all the way there!

I had to remove him from the carrier by taking the lid off. I picked him up to cuddle him and he shoved his head and nose into the inside of my crooked elbow, hiding.

I got a call from the vet about an hour ago. Everything went very well. They removed the remaining diseased teeth, all molars. Now all he has is the tiny teeth at the front...can't recall the name.

My darling toothless wonder will be home in about an hour.
    I'm glad that the procedure went well. Those tiny teeth are his incisors.
    Hugs and kisses to Oscar, hopefully his recovery time will be short!

Oscar was back to his purring lap-loving self in no time. He did scarf down some wet food. I think his recovery will be good and relatively short since only 3 molars were removed (the 3 that were left!) and the little incisors should heal quickly.

The vet also remove that little nose growth I was concerned about and sent it off to be examined. There are a couple of deep dissolving stitches where it was and you can't tell there was anything there.

I'm so glad to have him home.

Dear Oscar, I bet you and Meowmie are so glad that's over! That's wonderful that everything went so well. We hope you have a quick and comfortable recovery. Sounds like you are already doing great!

My new kitty Galaxy had all her teeth removed shortly before I got her. She's doing fine!

{{{{{GENTLE PETS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Dear Oscar, I bet you and Meowmie are so glad that's over! That's wonderful that everything went so well. We hope you have a quick and comfortable recovery. Sounds like you are already doing great!

My new kitty Galaxy had all her teeth removed shortly before I got her. She's doing fine!

{{{{{GENTLE PETS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Galaxy
    Pat, when I spoke with the oncologist about Cole yesterday, I mentioned Oscar's surgery. She said they once had a cat that had all his teeth removed. He still wanted his dry kibble - he wouldn't touch it if they added water to it! He ate that for the rest of his life!

Teeth? Who needs teeth?
    Aren't kitties amazing? One of our patients is a 20-yr old cat, who has not had one tooth in her mouth since she was 10 years old, and she's eating dry and canned food, and she's doing great!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Pat, when I spoke with the oncologist about Cole yesterday, I mentioned Oscar's surgery. She said they once had a cat that had all his teeth removed. He still wanted his dry kibble - he wouldn't touch it if they added water to it! He ate that for the rest of his life!
    Galaxy just sucks up pellets of kibble and slurps them down! She and Sparkler get dry food in the morning and wet food in the late afternoon. They usually get a small amount of crunchies as a bit of dessert in the later evening.

Right now Sparkler is finishing up a bag of the t/d Dental Care kibbles, and since those are quite large, I'm giving Galaxy regular-size kibble. Those big t/d ones might be a bit much to get down without teeth!

They usually get a small serving of crunchies as a bit of dessert in the later evening. Galaxy inhales those, too.

Death thought about it.