Page 90 of 216 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3235

Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    [b][i][size=3]Maybe a little plush Husky cuddle toy sent to The lil Kid from Mac might help
    to take the edge off things ... WITH a hand-written note from You.

Butt ... if things get *tense ~ We'll head North in the Rescue Bus!
    If she'll tell me where she lives tomorrow or if she wants to come here, I will definately have flowers and pressies for the little ones. There was a little girl with her as well who was not involved at all, but was pretty upset.

I have a place lined up for Mac if he needs to disappear. Doesnt' look like it'll be neccessary, but it's there in case.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth

Andy got the job!

Orientation is Saturday and he can start as soon as he wants.
    He'll put in his two weeks notice tomorrow.

YEEEEEE-Hawwwww!!

THANKS, God!

WAY to GO, ANDY!!

PS: What's he BEEN doin?

And, more important, what WILL he be doin?

Hope it's gonna be **phunn**, whatever it is!!

CONGRATZ!!

Here's a BIG {{{WISH}}} for much future SUCCESS!!

He's been working two jobs. One in Detroit (substance abuse clinic) and one in Lansing (Cooley Library).

The job he got is here:
    University Club of Michigan State University in their Fitness Center.

He can now quit the Detroit job and not live with his parents part of the week.

It's only a part time job so he'll keep the Cooley job.

He'll work Cooley Monday and Tuesday and at the Fitness Center Wed - Friday. It's a 1 p.m. - 9 p.m. shift, so I'll be able to see him in the mornings.

He loves working in Gyms/Health Clubs so this is right up his alley. There is room for advancement so despite taking a tiny hit financially right now (he has to start at the bottom and work his way up), it brings him to Lansing full time which will hopefully help heal our very rocky relationship.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Congrats to Andy and to you! I hope this is what you need to help things go better!

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    The AC guy left a little while ago. He was very nice. He said he'd never had anyone provide him a written statement. I typed one out yesterday. That threw him a bit.

There is apparently a bite mark on the kid's buttock. The skin isn't broken, more like a bruise shaped like teeth. I didn't see Mac do that, but I can't deny he might have.

This guy has no authority to make a final decision. He just collects the information. That kinda works in my favor, or it could anyway. The guy who makes the final decision knows us well on a personal level.

I asked what he thought might happen. He initially said "not much" due to the fact that Mac has no history with AC. There's never been a complaint of any kind about any of my dogs before this. He said he would consider this a fairly minor incident in the grand scheme of things, but that a dangerous dog designation is possible. He did say that he could not see a euthansia order for this. Much of what happens depends on what the victim wants. If they are satisfied with a fine or other more minor punishment, then that's what the AC department will do.

I have to file a seperate complaint about her dog, if I want to pursue that. I'm not going to. That's just going to make things worse.

It will likely be late next week before any decision is reached.
    Oh, Tamara, I worried about you all night and this morning. What is a dangerous dog designation? And I have a huge problem with this whole thing being based on a first report that was filed by someone who wasn't even there. Could you give everybody some big hugs for me. I will meet the rescue bus in Ohio if push comes to shove!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Oh, Tamara, I worried about you all night and this morning. What is a dangerous dog designation?
    A dangerous dog designation means that Mac would have serious restrictions on his freedom. He could not be off my property unless he's on a five foot leash and muzzled.(I think he could still pull if he was wearing a basket muzzle) I would need to put signs at the entrance to my property warning that dangerous dog lives here. I might need to put a roof on one of the smaller pens. The rest of my fences already exceed the requirements for dangerous dog containment. I would have to register him with the city and permanently ID him. They want a tattoo, but I think his microchip might qualify. AC can check on him any time they want. If they find that I'm not meeting the requirements of containing a dangerous dog, if Mac is found loose off my property or if there is a second offence, they can immediately seize and euthanize him.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Pray for my grandfather, please. He was just moved to the ICU today. Please.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Praying - Grandads are irreplaceable
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I'm sending thoughts and prayers out to everybody mentioned.

I don't ever ask for prayers from my PT family but I'm going to need some of those powerful prayers soon. Next Friday, I go in for my next knee surgery. The doctor is saying there is a good possibility of an infection present, in addition to the failed knee replacement. If there is an infection, I'll need two more surgeries and my recovery will take months. This will most likely result in me losing my job, among many other things.

I could use some PT prayer power. I just hope and pray that I only need one surgery and I can then be on the road to recovery and get my life back as I knew it. I'm pretty worried about it but anxious to get the show on the road. Being confined to the house almost exclusively for two months has been no fun. However, I never knew I could handle daily boredom so well. Patience is golden, I've learned

Thanks in advance.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

A little update...

The head constable, Dave, from AC just called me. He knows me a bit from my former life as a child protection worker. In his former life, he was a youth support worker who I hired to work with some the kids on my caseload. Dave had talked to the officer who was here yesterday and has read the file. He said he was calling to put my mind at ease as he knew I was worried that they would order Mac euthanized. He says the absolute worst case scenerio is a dangerous dog designation and that will only happen if the kid's parents push for it. Otherwise, he said a fine is likely all that will happen as we have no history of complaints.

I'm very relieved. I burst into tears when he said there was no chance they would order Mac's death. I don't believe Mac is dangerous, but if that's the decision, I'll live with it.
    --John Irving

Tamara, that is great to hear! *hugs*

Prayers going out for CountryWolf's grandpa and Daisy and Delilah's surgery.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

THANKS, God!! ~~~ and YIPPIE!!

Hi God ~

And THANKS a BUNCH!
    We figger You had a lot to do with this Happie Report from the Husky Ranch >>>

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier

The head constable, Dave, from AC just called me.
    ... He said he was calling to put my mind at ease as he knew I was worried
    that they would order Mac euthanized.
    He says the absolute worst case scenerio is a dangerous dog designation and that
    will only happen if the kid's parents push for it.
    Otherwise, he said a fine is likely all that will happen ...

I burst into tears when he said there was no chance they would order Mac's death.
    I don't believe Mac is dangerous ...
    We hope Miz Tamara *looked up* an said "THANKS" between the tears.

Now, can we werk onna Lil Kid's Mom & Dad - ta convince 'em that ole Mac
    wus jest *PLAYIN* wiffa Kid - an sure dint mean ta leave a mark wiffa butt-nip.

Maybe we should all send a Buck fur Mac's Flower Fund - ta send over to the Lil Kid's howze.

'Preciate Your Help, God!
    /s/ the Prayer Pups

I just caught up on Mac's story this afternoon. What a scary and trying experience. I hope that all works out well. If the child's parents aren't going to press the issue, I think you are home free.

Terry, lots of prayers going out for you over the next week. I hope that it can be fixed with a new knee replacement and you can get your life back. {{{Hugs}}}

Dasher, please? He's so restless since he got home and has been whimpering a lot.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

15. Dear Glacier...

If it makes you feel any better...my mother LOVES to tell the story of the time I bit my two-years-older-than-me brother...while he was wearing his snowsuit....and left a mark....

and I was not confined.....although there are many...and not just on PteTalk..who probably think I should be.