Thread: Misty And Abby Getting Along

Misty And Abby Getting Along

We have had Abby she is 6 months old in our home now for nine days and Misty 9yrs at first was so upset I really wondered if it was going to work. It seemed like after a week Misty was tolerating Abby being around. I just have to post that my first post some of you gave me some real good advice and I used it. Yesterday I never had to seperate them to give each one some space it went so well my husband said let them both have the run of the house when we went to bed. I woke up once Abby was between our pillows moving around. She jumped down and I heard a growl coming from the hallway from Misty but nothing more. Next time I woke up Misty was on the foot of the bed at my feet where she usually sleeps and was there awhile after I even got up. So on with it it was a very peaceful night and no problems. I think things would go better if Abby would not aggitate Misty. Abby sees how close she can get before Misty growls and then Abby does a run by real fast. It is a game to Abby. I think we are going to get along and things are going well. Thank you for all your advice.
    Misty and Abby's Mom

http://www.catster.com/?249999 Misty
    http://www.catster.com/?250011 Abby
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abby2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	26124   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Misty7.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	26125  

Great news! yes, its is definately a game to her. Try to avoid her getting into the habit of it... I have that same game between my Pouncer and Abby and lets just say meowmie is tired of breaking up the fights that break out over those two! Abby does not even trust Pouncer to come near her anymore, and SHE starts a fight if he even walks past her. So do try everything to discourage Abby from picking on Misty. My best suggestion would be ot get a second kitten to keep Abby entertained and leave Miss Misty alone I am not brave enough to have a single kitten, I always get them in twos.

Yes, we adopted Archy and Binky together because our Buzzy (17 years old) was ailing and alone. It was a win-win situation because they had each other to chase and play with and Buzzy was mostly left alone (which he appreciated).
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

I have to say that everyday I count my blessings as My Cats all get along.
    When even the addition of Tubby2,Miquelito and Pouncierge does not disturb the balance.
    And the Kittens are a godsend as they get the Older Ctas active,and kittenish themselves.
    I know that eventually Abby and Misty will be Curled Together.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Wonderful! I'm so glad your cats are getting along. Those are cute pictures, and I love Abby's big fluffy tail.
    Gin

My Abby torments her sister Becky, too, even though Becky weighs 5 more pounds and once tried to kill her.

I think things would go better if Abby would not aggitate Misty.
    Abby does not even trust Pouncer to come near her anymore, and SHE starts a fight if he even walks past her.
    LOL..perhaps the problem is that she's named Abby! Maybe we should all try renaming them.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good