Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luna's ultrasound was negative!!!!!

Luna's ultrasound was negative!!!!!

I just came home from the vet, and they found nothing abnormal in her bladder!!! I have no words to describe how relieved I am!!!

It was a hard work, and a lot of stress for Luna. We wanted to try it without anaesthesia, and they had to shave her belly first. This alone was difficult enough. By the time the vet started doing the ultrasound, she started fighting and acted really agressive, and it became worse. She growled and was hyperventilating, and was really in panic! They even wrapped her in a towel but this scared her even more!

Next thing was that they wanted to give her an IV anaesthesia, but Luna didn't let them close to her veins. We really thought we would have to give up.

I picked her up for one last try, hold her under her arms and she had her claws in my sweatshirt. That way, the vet could finally do the ultrasound.

He was able to see the bladder three times, it was full and looked good, according to him.

To help her deal with the infections, he suggested two homeopathic remedies, Berberis and Cantharis.

I really hope that Luna will find some peace now! Thank you all for your moral support, I don't know how I would have made it through the last couple of days without you all!

Now I need to recover from the stress, and so does Luna!

Kirsten

What a stress was this visit to the vet!

But I a glad to hear Luna has nothing bad!! You should celebrate it this evening, with a lot of cuddling and treats for your girl!

Big sigh of relief! WHEW!

Poor scary day for Luna though, and meowmie had a great deal of heart racing moments. Glad it is all over and she can begin a new regimine.

Oh yes, Luna really needs some peace now, and so does meowmie!

I felt so bad this afternoon: When I came home from work, she was greeting me happily (she must have been hungry as I didn't give her much this morning just in case she would need anaesthesia), and instead of getting a yummy meal, I took her to the nasty pet carrier. She whined so much while I brought her there that it was heartbreaking!

And the vet visit itself was such a torture for her, even though they were so nice to her and understanding, but she was terribly in panic!

Kirsten

Poor Luna, what a horrible ordeal. So very glad the results were good though. Rest Luna, and feel better soon.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

What a relief. *whew!* Hugs to Luna.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Poor Luna (and Meowmie) to go through such stress. But I am very glad that all turned out well. Has she forgiven you yet? She just didn't understand that you were trying to help her feel better!

Oh my, what an ordeal!! Poor Luna - and you! However, I'm glad the vet didn't find anyhing serious wrong with her, hopefully the Berberis and Cantharis will help.

Time to cool down and have a cuddle session.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

PHEW!!!!!! I am so glad that is over with for that poor girl! What a ordeal she has been through.. Let's hope it is a uphill swing for her and things will get brighter for you and her really quick.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thats great news.
    Hope she feels better soon.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Great news.
    What is the next step?
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

What a relief for you!!! I was thinking of Luna earlier while at work and am so glad it turned out ok (even tho' she wasn't happy!).

Now you can both rest!!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

WONDERFUL NEWS, Kirsten!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

We are glad that LunasDiagnosis was good and we All are praying that those Medicines will do Your Little One Some Good.
    The Pet Angels are going to drop by,and see Luna,and bring her some take out,from The Japanese Restaurant that we dined at Today.
    Salmon Sushi,for You Three?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

That's great news! Give Luna some kisses and belly rubs for me.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!