Thread: Could this really be true? (A rat story I heard)

Could this really be true? (A rat story I heard)

I was up visiting my grandpa today, and he was telling me about this guy he once knew and a "mystery" they were having at his job. It was some sort of food warehouse or something if I understood it correctly, and every night eggs would dissapear without a trace. So the guy stayed late one night and spied on the eggs and what did he see? Two rats came in, and one took the an egg in its arms and wrapped itself around it while the other rat dragged it away (I'm not sure if it was specified if the rat was being pulled by it's tail or some other body part though).

My grandpas friend insisted that it was a true story but I wasn't really sure... So I figured I'd ask the people here because I know there are some rat lovers around

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

great web site ann

Bizarre, I have never heard of this story Ann, sorry. One of the other rat lover like Tigeress or Rattielova might know.

By the way, I looked at your site, what lovely pics. All you pets look great!

Thanks Heather! I'm really glad you liked it

You have some great pics on your site too, I especially liked the picture of the kitty and the bunny on the bed (I think their names are Max and Ebony).

I really like your motto too; "A pet is for life", I just wish more people would think like that.

Don't you have a guestbook? I always like signing people's guestbooks, but I couldn't find one at your site

I just wanted to confirm this rat story. My rats loveeee eggs. I give them to them at least three times a week. And yes they will steal eggs, right from the fridge too if you let them. Hope this helps. I feed my rats hard boiled and srambled eggs as a source of protein. Hope this helps.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Thanks for letting me know that luckies4me

Out of curiousity though, I remember hearing my doctor telling me once that I should never eat more than two or so eggs per week because they are hight in cholesterol, does this not apply to rats? Perhaps only humans have cholesterol problems, if that's it then sorry for asking such a dumb question! >_<

Re: Could this really be true? (A rat story I heard)

If they are "wild rats", yes they would probaly steal eggs! I wouldn't doubt it at all!!! They probaly just are hungry!
    *No matter what you look like, your pet(s) will still love you!*

Originally posted by Ann
    ...does this not apply to rats? ...
    I don't know, either. I know that cat's bodies do not create chloresteral, so they have no trouble with build-up, but as for rats? I look forward to hearing this answer, too.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

If they are "wild rats", yes they would probaly steal eggs! I wouldn't doubt it at all!!! They probaly just are hungry!
    I agree with what rattielova said. They were probaly just hungry and found something good to rat.

Rats do not have to worry about cholestorol. It is in their body but they don't usually have a problem with it like humans do. At least this is what my rat vet said. I have vet training but I don't remember ever hearing about the cholestorol.

All I know is that my ratties love them and they have never been a problem for them. It gives them the protein that they do not get from a regular bag of rodent food.

I once ate nothing but eggs for 2 months straight and drank nothing but fruit punch and Dr. Pepper. Crazy? No, I was just craving eggs for some reason ( I wasn't pregnant) and I couldn't stop eating them. It helped me lose 15 pounds though and I have kept it off since and that was like 5 years ago. Needless to say but I am a junk food addict. I have to have my Del Taco and Wendys. The funny thing is that I don't ever gain weight. I guess I am just very very fortunate.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Oki doki, I got it! Thanks for explaining

And yes, you are very lucky with that weight thing! *very jealous*

Ann, no I don't have a guest book, I tried but I am not the greatest when it come to technology, I couldn't work it out!!!

Glad you liked it anyway. It's my pet service site