Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Are Some of the Most Memorable Dogs You've Owned?

Who Are Some of the Most Memorable Dogs You've Owned?

I've had...about...5 dogs so far. So basically they're all memorable, but the most memorable are...
    Rocky-Rocky was an Australian Blue Heeler (ACD). We got him when he was just a puppy, and it was my brilliant stepdads idea. He was warned that he might get aggressive. (STEPDAD DIDNT LISTEN!) Ok anyways, Rocky was my best friend. We did everything together, and then his aggression started to show. Around me, my mom, grandfather, and a few others, Rocky was an angel, but around strangers he attacked. I was only 9 when my grandfather took him to the shelter one day while I was at school. I cried for hours over him, and sadly the next day was his birthday. So I begged my grandfather to take me to the shelter to see him, and of course we did. I think that Rocky was just too aggressive to get adopted though, and he was PTS. I think about him alot and miss him terribly. (I'll look for a pic later)

We got Roxy while we had Rocky, and I guess shes the next most memorable.

Then after her would be Tink. (Which If I type her story right now I will cry.)

So who are some of the most memorable dogs you've had or have??
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

I've only had 2 other dogs in my life so far so i'll post both of them

Sheena was a dalmatian.My parents bought her from a breeder and they brought her home christmas eve.We also had our Beagle,Muggins and she was raised with her.She was attacked by another dog as a puppy so after that she became very dog aggressive.She was wonderful with children and great with people.She had a beautiful blue eye and a brown eye.She passed away April 2004 from Kidney Disease.She was 9 1/2.

Muggins was a Beagle that my parents also bought from a breeder.She was a wonderful girl,but stories from my parents said she got into alot of trouble when she was young lol. I miss her alot and she was a wonderful girl. She passed away in 2000 from heart failure at 13 years old.

(she has surgery in this one..)

My kids now are very special to me and i love them alot.
    Last edited by sammy101; 01-22-2006 at 02:26 PM.

I have them now.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by sammy101
    I've only had 2 other dogs in my life so far so i'll post both of them

Sheena was a dalmatian.My parents bought her from a breeder and they brought her home christmas eve.We also had our Beagle,Muggins and she was raised with her.She was attacked by another dog as a puppy so after that she became very dog aggressive.She was wonderful with children and great with people.She had a beautiful blue eye and a brown eye.She passed away April 2004 from Kidney Disease.She was 9 1/2.

Muggins was a Beagle that my parents also bought from a breeder.She was a wonderful girl,but stories from my parents said she got into alot of trouble when she was young lol. I miss her alot and she was a wonderful girl. She passed away in 2000 from heart failure at 13 years old.
    Aww Beautiful Stories<3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    I have them now.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

All of my dogs are special and I've had quite a few but here are a couple that were most memorable.

Elsi-German Shepherd Mix
    She was the first dog I remember, she was good girl! I miss her a lot and I was about young when she passed..

Simon- German Shepherd
    Simon we got when I was young, probably after Elsi passed, He was one of my childhood dogs that I grew up with and I still get teary thinking about him. He was 13 when passed, 03-22-2005, he was my handsome boy and even saved my life when I was younger! I can still remember playing with him when I was younger, he used to do everything with me!

Abby- Miniature Pinscher
    Abby was another dog we got when I was younger, She was a brat what can I say? But I loved her attitude and cuddliness. Such a diva, she passed 06-04-2004, she was only 11 years old, she was attacked and killed by my RB Hannah.

Right now Maggie is my special dog and I just don't know what I'm going to do when she passes, they'll probably have to lock me up...
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

They were all memorable. Tasha was my first dog. A big grey and white German Shepherd. Smartest animal who ever drew breath. Died at 13 from cancer.

Lady, who I bought for 20 bucks that my Dad gave me from 7th Birthday. An Irish Setter-Golden Lab cross. My best friend and confidante through my teen years. Died at 14 from heart failure. I still keep a picture of her by my bed.

Babes, a little wire haired terrier. Given to us after she bite my brother's mailman and couldn't get his mail anymore. Faster than a speeding bullet, she could keep up with the big dogs with no problems. My mom's best friend. She was run over when she was about 8. I've always thought that was my fault. She followed me to the end of the driveway that morning when I caught the school bus, as she did every morning. She didn't go back to the house though after I left and got hit a little later. My mom still misses that little dog and still talks about her. It's been at least 15 years now.

George, a German short haired pointer. Big, goofy, and none too bright. I can't remember how we aquired George. I think he just showed up in our yard when I was about 9. Lived to a ripe old age and passed gently in his sleep.

Cheyenne-a husky mix who only loved my Dad. euthanized when a porcupine quill travelled into her brain.

Diesel, a terribly shy GSD, he disappearred. I believe he was stolen.

Starr, a rottie my Dad rescued from the Edmonton Pound where she was scheduled to be euthanized as aggressive. Sweet and gentle unless you were a cat. She was stolen too, my Dad actually thinks he's seen her around but hasn't been able to prove it's Starr.

Then there were all the fosters I've had. I remember all of them.

And of course, my beloved Hoodoo. His two year bridge anniversary is approaching. I still miss him like he left yesterday. http://www.humanesocietyyukon.ca/stories/tribute2.html
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    They were all memorable. Tasha was my first dog. A big grey and white German Shepherd. Smartest animal who ever drew breath. Died at 13 from cancer.

Lady, who I bought for 20 bucks that my Dad gave me from 7th Birthday. An Irish Setter-Golden Lab cross. My best friend and confidante through my teen years. Died at 14 from heart failure. I still keep a picture of her by my bed.

Babes, a little wire haired terrier. Given to us after she bite my brother's mailman and couldn't get his mail anymore. Faster than a speeding bullet, she could keep up with the big dogs with no problems. My mom's best friend. She was run over when she was about 8. I've always thought that was my fault. She followed me to the end of the driveway that morning when I caught the school bus, as she did every morning. She didn't go back to the house though after I left and got hit a little later. My mom still misses that little dog and still talks about her. It's been at least 15 years now.

George, a German short haired pointer. Big, goofy, and none too bright. I can't remember how we aquired George. I think he just showed up in our yard when I was about 9. Lived to a ripe old age and passed gently in his sleep.

Cheyenne-a husky mix who only loved my Dad. euthanized when a porcupine quill travelled into her brain.

Diesel, a terribly shy GSD, he disappearred. I believe he was stolen.

Starr, a rottie my Dad rescued from the Edmonton Pound where she was scheduled to be euthanized as aggressive. Sweet and gentle unless you were a cat. She was stolen too, my Dad actually thinks he's seen her around but hasn't been able to prove it's Starr.

Then there were all the fosters I've had. I remember all of them.

And of course, my beloved Hoodoo. His two year bridge anniversary is approaching. I still miss him like he left yesterday. http://www.humanesocietyyukon.ca/stories/tribute2.html
    those are Amazing stories, but Hoodoo's made me cry.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

I've only had 5 dogs my whole life, and ever since I was born, I've had a dog. . . .

my first dog was Allie - Boo boo's sister. I dont remeber her at all though, because she was ran over when I was a year and a half. That was a very sad day though. My sister was dropped on her head (1 1/2 old), our barn burnt down, and Allie died.

Our second dog was Boo boo - he is 13 years old now, and he has been, well, trouble, to say the least He isnt the sweetest, or most loveable, but we put up with him Life sure would be weird without him, and I hope to enjoy many more years with him.

Toby - toby was our third dog, we got him when he was about 6 months old. He was a springer spaniel, and the SWEETEST dog EVER. Unfortunatly Boo boo never got used to him, and they kept fighting, so Toby had to go back to his old home 3 weeks later.

Maggie- Maggie was our 4th dog, a german shepherd/ lab. She is a great dog, and very loyal and smart. Maggie is mainly my sisters dog, since I got Autumn, but I still love Maggie to death, and I hope we get to see many more years together.

MY MOST MEMORABLE DOG IS :::: Autumn - Autumn is the love of my life. She is the best dog I have ever met, and the sweetest. She loves to cuddle, and give kisses. She has never bitten me, or growled at me, not even chewed on my fingers as a puppy. She is more than anybody could ask for, and I am so happy she is mine.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Quote Originally Posted by Toby's my baby
    I've only had 5 dogs my whole life, and ever since I was born, I've had a dog. . . .

my first dog was Allie - Boo boo's sister. I dont remeber her at all though, because she was ran over when I was a year and a half. That was a very sad day though. My sister was dropped on her head (1 1/2 old), our barn burnt down, and Allie died.

Our second dog was Boo boo - he is 13 years old now, and he has been, well, trouble, to say the least He isnt the sweetest, or most loveable, but we put up with him Life sure would be weird without him, and I hope to enjoy many more years with him.

Toby - toby was our third dog, we got him when he was about 6 months old. He was a springer spaniel, and the SWEETEST dog EVER. Unfortunatly Boo boo never got used to him, and they kept fighting, so Toby had to go back to his old home 3 weeks later.

Maggie- Maggie was our 4th dog, a german shepherd/ lab. She is a great dog, and very loyal and smart. Maggie is mainly my sisters dog, since I got Autumn, but I still love Maggie to death, and I hope we get to see many more years together.

MY MOST MEMORABLE DOG IS :::: Autumn - Autumn is the love of my life. She is the best dog I have ever met, and the sweetest. She loves to cuddle, and give kisses. She has never bitten me, or growled at me, not even chewed on my fingers as a puppy. She is more than anybody could ask for, and I am so happy she is mine.
    Aww
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    For me, really...I've only had two other dogs besides Finn. I had a blonde cocker spaniel named Sandy that was about nine months old when he died. I remember very little about him, though I still think of him. Bruno, though, I had for fifteen years, he is in almost all of my memories. And, Finn is making memories with me right now.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Buttons wandered across our street when I was just two years old and he was two months old. He was with his dad, and my mom knew who owned them, so she got my brother and they took them home. But my brother blurted out "can we keep this one?" and he was holding the little puppy. The owner (now my mom's best friend) said sure, and so we took him home.

Buttons was a very cool little booger.

Buttons playing my piano.

We did everything together. He was my baby when we played house. I would put him in a stroller and run down the street and yell "Dun na na na BATMAN!!" and his ears would fly back like Dumbo.

Buttons and me sleeping sometime in 1993.

Buttons and me on our deck sometime in 1995-1996.

I was the only one he would let trim his nails. We used to get out the nail trimmers and just toy around with him. His lips would go up and he would bite at anyone (except me) who tried to touch his feet. We could do this with regular sissors to. Even when he went blind he knew when they touched his feet what they were and his lips would curl up.

Everyone at the vet he went to (and now where I work) loved him. They had their own nicknames for him. When we came to pick him up it would take forever, because everyone had to say goodbye. He was just the sweetest little thing. He was a kissy monster, and even though he had terrible breath, everyone there loved getting kisses.

In 1998 Buttons got depressed real fast after we lost Retread on March 28. My mom found Retread with Buttons curled up next to him one morning. Retread died peacefully in his sleep. Buttons and Retread were best friends, so loosing him was hard for Buttons. My family and I were having trouble coping (and I had a lot of regrets) after Retread passed and we did not want another dog. But, after a couple weeks we knew that Buttons was depressed and we may lose him, so we went to the shelter and brought home Mandy.

Buttons and Retread together sometime in 1991-1992.

In 2002 he developed cushings disease and diabetes and we had to start giving him insulin twice a day. In March 2003 my mom and I left town to go to a Tim McGraw concert and when we came back (only a few days) he was bumping into walls. A few days later he was completely blind. He did fine though, he eventually figured out just how many stairs we had outside and inside. It was only when we would move a piece of furniture that he would get confused.

Me and Buttons, March 3, 2003, literally weeks before he went blind.

Stick 'em up!

In July 2004 I started working at the vet where he was a patient. I was told I was hired partly because everyone wanted to see Buttons more. So, I started bringing him in often to visit. One night in November he started seizing and I was freaking out thinking he was dying (I had never witnessed this before). We called Dr. D and she told us to give him a small bit of Karo Syrup and rush him to the emergency vet (she lived too far away to meet us up at the clinic). $400 later and after only taking a blood sample and feeding him every few hours he was fine. The next morning he went to the regular vet and was given fluids for most of the day. He came home with us that night good as new.

In February 2005 his health started failing. He wasn't eating, drinking, playing ... nothing. He just totally stopped living. When he went to the bathroom his poop was purple and jelly-like and my boss told me that was a sign of his organs shutting down. After another day of this (and lots of fluids and TLC) we decided that he would die soon, and it was cruel to keep him around. On February 10 at around 4:00 pm we called the vet and drove up to have him put to sleep. I can remember that day like clockwork. I was sick myself, but now I couldn't see myself getting any better, ever. That was the saddest day of my life.

One of the very last photos of my sweet man, his 14th birthday was to be in April 2005.

For the months after he died before we got Nova I was so lost. I smelled his collar every day, it still smelled like him. When we got Nova in May she helped me heal so much. (Yes, Mandy was there, and she helped me, but I don't think anything heals for me like a new pet). My pain wasn't erased, I still smelled his collar all the time, but I was happy now.

I'll never forget him. He was so special to me. He was my childhood friend ... and I'll never have another one of those.
    Last edited by .sarah; 01-22-2006 at 03:32 PM.

Aww Poor Lil Buttons. That story made me cry, too.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

That would definitely be my Peaches. She was my first real dog (we had a dog for about a year when I was around 8 years old). I had moved into an apartment complex that allowed dogs and I kept saying I wanted to get one, but never seemed to get myself over to the shelter before closing time. One day one of my co-workers told me that one of her family members was moving and was unable to find a place that they could afford that would accept pets, so she asked if I wanted to come over and take a look at their dog Peaches (a poodle/spitz mix). Well, I did, and Peaches seemed like a very sweet dog. She was friendly, cute, housebroken, and knew basic commands (sit, stay). But, I thought she was a bit bigger than the dog I was looking for, so I didn't really think I was going to take her. When I was getting ready to leave, they basically put her leash in my hand, and told the girls to go get her favorite ball to take with her. So here I was with this year old puppy, and no idea how to raise a dog. Lucky for me I didn't need to know anything. Peaches taught me everything I needed to know about being a doggie mom, and she taught me with love and patience (and sometimes I was a real slow learner). Peaches was the smartest, most adventurous, fun-loving little girl I have ever met. I never needed to tell her how to behave in various situations, she showed me how to most of the time. We were together for almost thirteen years, and I loved each and every minute of it. Yes, she was my heart dog.
    Sorry to go on so much (I could actually fill your entire thread with funny stories about my girl).

I have had quit a few different dogs from the past.

Maggie was my first Siberian Husky.I was about 8 or 9 It was very sad because only about 5-6 month after I had her she got out of her kennel and somebody stole her. here she is...

And Cody, he was my first Aussie. I got him when I was about 12 and lost him about 2 years ago. Sadly he also got stolen .Pic of him...

Boomerang<Boomer> Cocker Spaniel was an awsome dog, he was more my moms dog, but she had gotten rid of him about 3 years ago...

Then there was Harley(lab) He was my first dog of my own, and Lacey(golden) they were such good and fun dogs, as you may see in the pic! they really did alot! But they both past about 5 years ago...

I have had 6 dogs in my entire life. It's very hard to choose, because they all were wonderful companians. But if I had to choose it would be my cocker spaniel, Missy. She died last July. She was my very best friend.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*