4 15.38%
  • silent

1 3.85%
  • Other - Please describe

9 34.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meow?

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Meow?

I just realized (Okay, I'm slow) that Pepper is the only kitty we have that really meows. Halo makes a sort of 'ACK' sound (kind of like the chatter when she sees a bird). Cammie squeaks or is quiet. Even when she's locked in a closet or the garage, she won't make a sound to let you know she needs rescuing. Kuhio used to MEEEEEEEEOWWWWWWWWWW very loudly. My sister's cats kind of mew but not the whole meow thing. And I've had cats that give you the "silent meow" where they open their mouth but nothing comes out. So, how about you? What sort of sounds do your kitties make?
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

timmy make a murrrowww...weird cat...
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!
    In two short months I will have my dream horse, Cesar!

Michael,Princess and JJJ3 have the MEEOW down pat.
    The Meezers mostly go MMMMMEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOO
    Moose is silent ,a little rrrooow!!!
    Miquelito,Pouncierge and Scrappy2 all MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOW.
    Tubby2 has a brusque WRROW!!!
    Mr Scrappy had the nicest pitched MMEEEOOW!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Archy is a triller and a chirper. You talk to him or call him by name, and he will go "prrrrtttttt" over and over.

Binky is the strong, silent type; scarcely a meow at all. Maybe a small "moaw" if he's STARVING.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    They all have different meows, but I have to say "paws down" that Chip's vocalizations take the cake! In the nine years that black fruitcake's lived with me, I've only heard him actually "meow" normally a few times, and it takes me by surprise lol! The rest of the time it's gurgles and chirps...sort of a day long "Browwl"? And "Glllrrrrrr"...He gets the craziest when we play 'quirrel' on the sisal wrapped basement beam. He hangs on one side rubbing his cheek from side to side while we play peek-a-boo, and I tell him he's a wonderful black 'quirrel' lol! Or making the bed...I have to keep flinging the covers over him time and time again and say "WHERE'S CHIP"???? That gets him sooooo excited the best of the gurgles and browwwls come out. He's such a whacky wonderful boy....and like having a nine year old kitten (disguised as a black Siamese) around 24/7!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Depends on her mood! She sometimes sqeauks when I pick her up , but its usually a meow. (She talks alot so it depends)
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Each of the Clan Cats has a very unique way of verbally communicating with us. Nicholas just TALKS in a Meezer fashion, Riley trills, Ralph ratz, Raven varies between a silent meow and a ratz, Norton rarely meows, but has been known to do a trill. Hayley, Molly, and Tina do little meows.
    Nine is Fine!!

LOL... I think everyone by now knows Flutter squeaks! I love her squeak!

Everyone else meows.

Finnigan always comes out with a very loud and demanding MEOW!

Sassafras (RB) -- Miirrrr

Perspicacity Purrsonality -- an assortment of sounds to match his mood. Usually quiet, but occasionally accompanied by loud crashes when he wants attention (and so pushes things off of tables/ledges...)

Lady Olivia d'Flufferuni -- generally: Merrouw?
    When she wakes up and wonders where the rest of us have gotten to: MEROUWW?!?!?!
    When she's explaining why she'd prefer to be an only cat: HIIIISSSSSSS!!!!!

When birds have the audacity to nest outside our window(s), either or both will sit in the window and chatter at them.

When neighboring cats sit outside our window and shout insults at the cats, mine will hollar insults right back ... well, that's what it sounds like to me, at least.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Don Juan has a classic MEOW! that he deploys when he's hungry, wants to go outside, or just wants attention. He'll also do a kitten-style mew! when he's about to be brushed.

Zerlina has a whole vocabulary of mrrows, mews, mows and chirps. It's one of the reasons I think she may be part Burmese.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Oh gosh with us having so many cats we have about everyone of those meows!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Mr Jones goes "MAAAAAA"

Bella, very quiet, for a Meezer goes: "OOOOHHHH"

Malfi goes: "AWOW" (very low and loud)

Snowy, the true Meezer talker, trills, whines and has many vocalizations among them: "MAGOWA" (with a phlegm tone) (means out on the patio)

Well Beth sounds like a goat!
    Joey sounds like a cow!
    Lulu is the only one who sounds like a cat, Go figure!

Meow?

It is most of the time a mew = But Yarleigh is my big talker & my biggest cat Autumn is a sqeaker..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>