Thread: is that a dog house?? maybe.. ;)

is that a dog house?? maybe.. ;)

I've been having a problem trying to find a litter box big enough with my 13lb bengal boy that is too big to fit in most litter boxes -Instead - he's been peeing on my my bathroom rugs...Since he wasn't really fitting into the "jumbo" box from Petmate - I had to improvise.... I could have used one of those "underbed storage" boxes but I wanted something with a lid........well I was at Lowes today and found a clearanced dog house.. for $20..... I had to add a piece of plastic to the front so the cats don't get too much litter outside the box, I used industrial strength velco to attach the plastic piece, then added 40lbs of cat litter...... this is the result with Ellie checking it out:

A big box - for my very sweet Bagheera boy..he's very happy and has not peed on the rugs since I got the new box...I found him curled up on my bed earlier, he just melts my heart...

Last edited by aprilynn; 01-21-2006 at 08:40 PM.
    cats are forever.

Now thats a Great Idea,I will have to try that on the Found Cats.
    And that makes a conversation piece to say the very least!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

AK!........... $20?............Home Depo?........... I just went in my shed today and dug up a empty plastic storage box to make a big box for Amy that she wouldn't fall out of... Cut the front off of a brand new litter box to put inside.. I needed something shallow with sides for the litter but with sides to hold her when she falls over.. What I came up with will "do" but that is so much BETTER!! I may just have to go check out Home Depo tomorrow... I had no idea they had pet stuff!

(I had a puppy litter box and put that in a kennel but forgot to bring it home when I go off and brought them home... so now she has something here and for there)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

It's not from home depot - it's from Lowes Home Improvement..... it was in the outside portion - near the fencing and stuff... in the garden center.... I asked for help when I went.

We got a Lowes too.. Just takes longet to get to it.... Was JUST there yesterday!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thanks for figuring out a solution, rather than giving up like so many people do when cats pee inappropriately. They're always trying to tell you something, because it is so against their wiring not to cover their business.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Great find! And, the entrance is nice and big so no one will have to 'squeeze' through. What a considerate purrent you are!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

What a great idea! Glad to hear it is working for you too!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Neat idea.Glad to see kitty approves

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340